Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of folks aren't going to like this, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

A lot of folks aren't going to like this, but...

Nov 28, 2017, 10:22 AM

We owe a lot of our success to Tommy Bowden. He built a strong foundation, and it's a shame he couldn't hang on a few more years to reap the fruits of his labor. Allowing Tommy to stay through 2016, win the National Championship, then pass the torch to Dabo for the 2017 season, would have been the classy move by our AD. Makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: A lot of folks aren't going to like this, but...

Nov 28, 2017, 10:24 AM

Well done, Sir. This should really get ‘em moving

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and we’ll pay for that when Dabo moves on

Nov 28, 2017, 10:25 AM

to Bama or elsewhere...

no big name coach will touch this job after that debacle

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look no further than Tennessee...

Nov 28, 2017, 10:27 AM

They saw controversy coming regarding their recent HC hire, got out ahead of it, and nipped it in the bud. That's the kind of leadership I think most schools look for, but few ever find.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think we can all agree that Tennessee is "cycling in...."

Nov 28, 2017, 10:45 AM

Maybe we can learn a thing or 2 from them

I don't understand why Tennessee doesn't have enough

Nov 28, 2017, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Look no further than Tennessee... ]

money to outbid other schools for playas. Doesn't Peyton give back?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people spent less time listening for a tree to fall...

Nov 28, 2017, 10:25 AM

and more time appreciating the forest, these things would not be overlooked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U2Deep***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 10:26 AM
giphy (1).gif(70.5 K)

Oh Francis, always have the nice juicy bait.***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:26 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Francis, always have the nice juicy bait.***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:30 AM

You're just begging him to tmale you with that one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:27 AM

I will at least say, I don't think he deserves to be remembered in such a negative way many people think of him. It was time for Clemson to move on when he was fired so I'm not defending that, but he left Clemson in a much better position than it was when he started.

Re: A lot of folks aren't going to like this, but..No matter

Nov 28, 2017, 10:29 AM

the team it was always an adventure whether he'd have us ready or play down to them. Much suspense with his teams. He lost me when he refused to every recruit enough OL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 10:32 AM

Agreed. But look at the entirety of the program where Tommy started from compared to where Dabo started, and its not even debatable that Tommy laid the foundation for our current success. But it was all Dabo what he has done with it since as well.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:37 AM

No doubt but it wouldnt be hard to build from West. One of Clemson's most stupid hires ever. Nothing but a feeble and cheap attempt at Danny fan appeasement

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: A lot of folks aren't going to like this, but..No matter ]

Oh for sure, I'm not saying he was a great and flawless coach or anything. He certainly had his faults, and that's why it was time to move in another direction. I'm just surprised that nearly 10 years later there are still so many that have such hate for the man. He did a lot of good here with our facilities, brought us Dabo, and had our program in an overall better position compared to when he took over. Again, that doesn't mean he deserved to be kept, doesn't mean he was perfect, but I tend to look at him in a more positive light, and certainly don't feel anything negative towards him nearly 10 years later.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:29 AM

I'll second that...without Tommy Bowden laying the foundation, Dabo would not have done what he has done at to this point at Clemson. Now Dabo has taken it to a whole nuther level that Tommy would not have likely achieved, imo, as well. So, Dabo absolutely owns this...but Tommy deserves accolades for giving him the head start.

True FM but TB didn't want to fire "Bubblescreen"

Nov 28, 2017, 10:32 AM

However I agree with the part about us having a lot be thankful for in terms of TB's time here! Without him it is obvious this success would have never taken place.

I think there is a saying about no feeding the trolls***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the RAG doesn’t care, but

Nov 28, 2017, 10:39 AM

@Crump @B-Meist

^Exhibit A on why I'm not renewing my membership. If you want your friends to act like morons on the boards 24/7 instead of making money, that's fine by me.

Also, not being prepared for the server load during the SCar game after how many years in service is just bad business.

Couple all of the above with the mobile pop-up issues and you're out a long-time paying donor. Sorry.

Have at it, RAG.

Is this real?***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:50 AM

Nov 28, 2017, 10:40 AM

I know you are being sarcastic when referring to Tommy Bowden. But we do owe a lot to TB for changing the culture at Clemson , improved recruiting, stabilized the program and did have some big wins.

You have to consider the financial resources and facilities he had to work with vs what Dabo was given at the time he became the permanent HC. As we have improved our facilities each year our recruiting has improved.

I am not say Tommy could have won a NC but his time at Clemson was like a roller coaster ride. Contract extension 1 year hot seat next year.

He was smart enough to recognize Dabo’s potential bringing him to Clemson and when TB left he did not leave the stable empty. He left Dabo a solid foundation to build on. Plus he helped the administration realize they would have to give the next coach support and financial backing.

The one thing that separates Dabo from TB is that Dabo is a Visionary and thinks really big.

So yes IMO we should appreciate what TB accomplished while at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU but you missed another Dabo distinction...

Nov 28, 2017, 11:03 AM

He's 1,000 times a better recruiter than Tommy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I curse the day you were born***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Hates yesterday.***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frances, I read on another bored that we pay our playas.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:49 AM

There's no other reason why they would come to Clemson and it started with Bowden.

Sad thing is FM

Nov 28, 2017, 10:52 AM

there are some people who really believe this...still.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:58 AM

Bowden was never more than a few plays away from leading us to a national championship. Given enough time, he would have made those plays! ;)

There you go again...

Nov 28, 2017, 11:01 AM

Preying on the gullible Tnetters.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I kno right !! If clemson did the right thing SCAR would never win 5 in a row***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You're crazy!

Nov 28, 2017, 11:14 AM

Tommy would've won way more than just the one title in 2016. I'm thinking at least several titles by now, had the administration not failed to see the progress he was making.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You're crazy!

Nov 28, 2017, 11:15 AM

Too many coot trolls in this thread to offer up a logical response.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a coot?

Nov 28, 2017, 11:16 AM

You sound like a coot....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I’m a Tiger now, and I was a Tiger...

Nov 28, 2017, 11:20 AM

for a while in the early eighties. So no, I’m no coot.

I don't like this.***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Sorry, but the truth hurts.***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:59 AM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic