Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar

Aug 18, 2020, 6:21 PM

I thought some of you would love to comment on a few of these.
And I know I'd love to hear them...

Top 10 reasons seniors chose UofSC

As you consider all your college options, we thought we'd share the top 10 reasons students chose to be a Gamecock this year, in no particular order!

1. Gamecock Pride
We're an SEC school which means we basically invented the tailgate, and we excel in cheering on our Gamecocks. But our pride doesn’t stop when the game is over. On any given day you'll see students, professors and fans repping their favorite Gamecock gear anywhere and everywhere they go.

2. Prime location
There are college towns, and then there is our town. Our campus blends with the city of Columbia to provide that “campus feel” right in the middle of a metropolitan area. You’ll find festivals, farmers markets and really delicious food within walking distance of campus.

3. Academic excellence
At South Carolina, learning is an experience that happens both inside and outside of the classroom. With 100 different majors, 500+ student organizations and plenty of research and study abroad opportunities, your college experience will be more than you thought possible.

4. We only have one kind of weather: nice
South Carolina averages 221+ days of sunshine per year. With mild winter temperatures, it’s not uncommon to see our students wearing flip flops until the end of November – and then again in February!

5. Professors actually know your name
No matter the size of the class, our professors are engaged with students and willing to spend one-on-one time to help them succeed. Fun fact – our average student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1.

6. Smiling faces - everywhere!
Our sweet nature extends beyond our tea. At South Carolina, you’ll be greeted with smiling faces and a welcoming atmosphere, making you instantly feel at home.

7. Obviously, the Horseshoe
Speaking of nice weather, nothing beats a day playing Frisbee or lounging in a hammock on the Horseshoe. It’s the heart of our campus, and it’s been known to really "show off" as the seasons change.

8. We have so much fun giving back
There are endless opportunities for Gamecocks to give back to the community. One of the most popular annual fundraisers is the UofSC Dance Marathon where students dance for 24 hours to raise money for the local children’s hospital. Last year they raised more than a million dollars!

9. Work experience is part of the curriculum
At South Carolina, students get prepared for the working world by bringing it into the classroom. With thousands of internships available in our backyard, you can pursue both your college career and your future career.

10. Our school colors
Let’s get one thing straight – it’s not burgundy, and it’s not maroon. It's garnet – and we're proud to say it's a color that looks great on everyone. Plain and simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar

Aug 18, 2020, 6:30 PM

noticeably absent,a mention of their football prowess-championships,trophies,etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I guess they could have mentioned how great they are

Aug 18, 2020, 9:36 PM

at throwing bottles.

Re: I guess they could have mentioned how great they are

Aug 18, 2020, 10:33 PM

or the extra-curricular activties in their tailgate areas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 18, 2020, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

Whend did Academic Exelence include coloring inside the lines in your coloring book

Since the creation of the SEC, probably***

Aug 20, 2020, 12:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

https://repository.usfca.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1000&context=rl_fac

Aug 19, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

At least they basically got #4 right...??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 6:56 PM

Blends in with the city of Columbia to give it a campus feel? HahahahahahahahHa. How can something blend in and have its own feel? If it blends in then you can’t notice it. Nice spin on it though.

Perfect example of "coot logic."***

Aug 18, 2020, 9:37 PM

Aug 18, 2020, 7:00 PM

I think it’s a stretch to categorize criminal activity as giving back to the community. Isnt that exploiting the community?

Aug 18, 2020, 8:49 PM

Perhaps they were referring to the STDs being shared.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

Funny.

Aug 18, 2020, 7:02 PM

SPAM!!!!!

Aug 18, 2020, 7:14 PM

Nice weather? The town slogan is “Famously Hot”. It’s humid AF year round

Yeah, Holtz called it the screen door to ####.

Aug 18, 2020, 9:32 PM

I guess it all depends on your reference.

Aug 18, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

Yes, those 103 summer days help bring the average up for those 20 degree winter days!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 7:28 PM

Everyone one is a lie, Especially the Color one Garnetisugly

They forgot to say

Aug 18, 2020, 8:11 PM

Enter at your own risk!

Aug 18, 2020, 8:36 PM

Both the place and the town are dumps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless their hearts.***

Aug 18, 2020, 8:43 PM

Re: Bless their hearts.***

Aug 18, 2020, 9:03 PM

I had the rare coot encounter over the weekend....probably my first real coot encounter in 10 years. 15 seconds into the conversation this idjit brings up the coots win streak. I’m not in the habit of being rude to strangers, but his selective memory left me a bit awestruck.......so I just asked for another cup of coffee.

Aug 18, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Bless their hearts.*** ]

A politician must have written that. Nothing but lie after lie. Who in their right minds would or possibly believe all of that bs.

Aug 18, 2020, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Bless their hearts.*** ]

There teeny weenie chicken hearts.

Aug 18, 2020, 8:53 PM

It's a good primer for the delusional perspective they seem to breed.

Some of them are acceptable

Aug 18, 2020, 9:00 PM

But weather? No!! Steam bath.
College town? No!! I can not stand “blend in “ campuses such as USC, Ga Tech, NC State , UTenn

Aug 18, 2020, 9:09 PM

That's just a wish list, not a statement of facts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, you've just described their entire

Aug 18, 2020, 9:44 PM

football history.

11. Port-a-John/Dumpster elations

Aug 18, 2020, 9:11 PM

What better way to show your appreciation for your c0cks than...

??

~JKB

Aug 18, 2020, 9:42 PM

Ha ha ha. I couldn't get past #1. Thanks for posting.

Don't mention it. Just doin' my duty

Aug 18, 2020, 9:46 PM

shining light on the darkness that is cootlumbia.

What SEC school is most like South Carolina?

Aug 18, 2020, 10:10 PM

SC is a mediocre school in the smallish capital city of a small state.
The Gamecocks are absolutely mediocre in football.

Not Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, TAMU, Vandy, LSU or Alabama for sure.

That leaves Kentucky, Arkansas and Missouri.

Kentucky football sucks but Kentucky basketball is a traditional blue blood. So SC is not KY.

Arkansas is not in a capital city and Fayetteville is so lame the Razorbacks used to play their home games 100 miles away in little bitty Little Rock to draw a crowd. But the Razorbacks have won a lot more games in the last 50 years, and at least once in the Dark Ages won a Natty. Arkansas also won a Natty in basketball. ON the basis of gameday skill, Arkansas is just better than SC .

That leaves Missouri. It's in a small capital city, Columbia, that no one ever goes to visit. Columbia Missouri is more outclassed by St. Louis than Columbia SC is by Charleston. Missouri's football history is weak. Missouri has won only 297 ball games in the last 50 years. SC has won 307, so that is pretty close. But Mizzou has won the SEC east twice in the short time they have been in the league, so you could argue for Missouri as being the Gamecocks near twin.

South Carolina is more like Missouri than any other school in their league.

How many people in America have ever spent a hour in Columbia Missouri? Not many.

Who not born in the Palmetto State has ever intentionally made a trip to Columbia SC? Not many.

I'd point this out to anyone I knew who was even thinking about going to SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they invented something because they are now in the SEC?

Aug 19, 2020, 10:05 AM

Definitely coot logic!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they invented something because they are now in the SEC?

Aug 19, 2020, 12:11 PM

Definitely a prime example.

Arkansas education with a Vandy trophy case***

Aug 20, 2020, 3:59 AM [ in reply to What SEC school is most like South Carolina? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sums it up

Aug 20, 2020, 11:23 AM

quite nicely.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:36 AM

#8) They dance for 24 hours because the criminal in Five Points is holding a gun on them and telling them to 'dance'.

#11) Welcome Freshmen to Columbia, and oh by the way, the mayor has just enacted a curfew because well, you're here...

I think Baghdad Bob may have written that for uof6c.

Aug 19, 2020, 7:41 AM

Wow...just wow !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think Baghdad Bob may have written that for uof6c.

Aug 19, 2020, 8:59 AM

"Baghdad Bubba?"

Aug 19, 2020, 8:40 AM

Well they made easy to edit...

Top 10 reasons seniors chose UofSC - Note we did not say high school seniors.

1. Gamecock Pride
We're an SEC school which means we basically cash checks to play other teams with more realistic chances of being .500 and getting a bowl bid. We excel in cheering on our Gamecocks for the first quarter and then leave to catch the news. But our shame doesn’t stop when the game is over. On any given day you'll see students, professors and fans ripping into their favorite Gamecock anywhere and everywhere they go. Check out youtube and look for the mouth frothing fans scream and cry on their commute to their parole hearing.

2. Prime location
There are college towns, and then there is our town. Our campus blends an over-reliance of meth with the city of Columbia's trash problem to provide that “campus feel” right in the middle of a metropolitan statistical area. Whether you are transferring from the Broad River Correctional Institution or a facility in your home town, you’ll find your parole officer within walking distance of campus.

3. Academic excellence
At South Carolina, learning is an experience that happens both inside and outside of the classroom. With 100 different majors, 500+ student organizations and plenty of research and study abroad opportunities, your college experience will be more than you thought possible. Did you not that we talked about quantity but not quality. By definition, excellence is an expression of quality. If you noticed, please apply elsewhere as none of our graduates or research faculty would have observed that qualifier.

South Carolina averages 221+ days of 105 degree sunshine per year. We painstakingly removed any tree with a canopy to provide shade and replaced it with hard concrete and steel. We don't want y'all loitering! With mild winter temperatures, it’s not uncommon to see our students wearing stolen flip flops until the end of November – and then again in February! Makes the dumpster lifestyle easy-peasy.

5. Professors actually know your name. It is printed on you clothing along with your block number.
No matter the size of the class, our professors are engaged to be engaged with students and willing to spend one-on-one time to help them succeed. Fun fact – our average student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1. Technically, most classes are 200 person lectures, but with attendance being less than 10%, you would never notice!

Our sweet nature extends beyond our tea cuz you got a perdy mouth! At South Carolina, you’ll be greeted with smiling faces and a welcoming atmosphere, making you instantly feel at home - and you sisters and cousins will MAKE it fill like home. Just keep your eyes down if y'all know whats good for ya.

Speaking of nice weather... we forget and went on a tangent since #4, nothing beats a day playing Frisbee or lounging in a hammock provided by Waste Management on the Horseshoe. It’s the heart of our campus & exercise yard. It’s been known to really "show off" as the seasons change. But please, indecent exposure and fornication while forbidden by law - may or not be frowned upon depending on BAC of our campus security service.

There are endless opportunities for Gamecocks to give back to the community - and the Judge mandates it! One of the most popular annual fundraisers is the UofSC drinking marathon where students binge for 24 days to pay money for the local hospital's substance abuse program. Last year they were even featured in the local news for overwhelming the ER!

9. Work experience is part of the curriculum.
At South Carolina, the work-release program allows students get prepared for the working world by bringing it into the classroom. With thousands of options available in our backyard, you can pursue both your college career and your future career without needing to do any book learnin' or even knowing how to read!.

10. Our school colors
Let’s get one thing straight – it’s not burgundy, and it’s not maroon. It's garnet – and we're proud to say it's a color that looks great on everyone. Plain and simple. If you noticed that we said, "colors" in the plural case and forgot to mention black, congrats, please attend elsewhere for your own safety.

Pretty obvious from your writing that you never went there

Aug 19, 2020, 9:02 AM

but you definitely have been there.

Aug 19, 2020, 8:46 AM

I’m shocked it doesn’t mention they will grant anyone admission. No standardized testing required!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proper translations attached at the end of each point.

Aug 19, 2020, 9:22 AM

Top 10 reasons seniors chose UofSC

As you consider all your college options, we thought we'd share the top 10 reasons students chose to be a Gamecock this year, in no particular order!

1. Gamecock Pride
We're an SEC school which means we basically invented the tailgate, and we excel in cheering on our Gamecocks. But our pride doesn’t stop when the game is over. On any given day you'll see students, professors and fans repping their favorite Gamecock gear anywhere and everywhere they go.

((Nearly all this Gamecock gear is recycled on an annual basis. It can be acquired at steep discounts from your local Goodwill store after the first loss of every season.))

2. Prime location
There are college towns, and then there is our town. Our campus blends with the city of Columbia to provide that “campus feel” right in the middle of a metropolitan area. You’ll find festivals, farmers markets and really delicious food within walking distance of campus.

((Not being able to tell where the campus ends and the city of Cootlumbia begins, means that a lot of students get waylayed around Five Points, or various downtown Bars. This is a non-publicized perk of attendance at our grate skool.))

3. Academic excellence
At South Carolina, learning is an experience that happens both inside and outside of the classroom. With 100 different majors, 500+ student organizations and plenty of research and study abroad opportunities, your college experience will be more than you thought possible.

((You can become a libtard more ways than you could ever have imagined.))

South Carolina averages 221+ days of sunshine per year. With mild winter temperatures, it’s not uncommon to see our students wearing flip flops until the end of November – and then again in February!

((You will think you have made an early entrance into H-E-L-L once you have gone through the dog days of August in sunny South Carolina.))

5. Professors actually know your name
No matter the size of the class, our professors are engaged with students and willing to spend one-on-one time to help them succeed. Fun fact – our average student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1.

((Some professors are not only engaged with students, they may even be married to them. They can actually attend tailgates and have sex with them in the parking lots. That 17:1 ratio may even be reversed in some instances. You just never can tell what new experiences the next tailgate may bring at our grate university!))

Our sweet nature extends beyond our tea. At South Carolina, you’ll be greeted with smiling faces and a welcoming atmosphere, making you instantly feel at home.

((We'll slip a Mickey in your tea so that you feel real good about your decision to come here, even though you won't remember why.)

Speaking of nice weather, nothing beats a day playing Frisbee or lounging in a hammock on the Horseshoe. It’s the heart of our campus, and it’s been known to really "show off" as the seasons change.

((The Horseshoe actually looks like something that fell off a Conestoga wagon a couple hundred years ago, and has been rusting ever since.))

There are endless opportunities for Gamecocks to give back to the community. One of the most popular annual fundraisers is the UofSC Dance Marathon where students dance for 24 hours to raise money for the local children’s hospital. Last year they raised more than a million dollars!

((A lot of this time was spent by co-eds doing the horizontal mamba, but, it's alright, see Item 6.)

9. Work experience is part of the curriculum
At South Carolina, students get prepared for the working world by bringing it into the classroom. With thousands of internships available in our backyard, you can pursue both your college career and your future career.

((Smoke from the Dumpster Fire that is the Football program can be smelled campus wide, even with the windows closed.))

10. Our school colors
Let’s get one thing straight – it’s not burgundy, and it’s not maroon. It's garnet – and we're proud to say it's a color that looks great on everyone. Plain and simple.

((These colors don't run. They don't even walk good.))

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proper translations attached at the end of each point.

Aug 19, 2020, 12:26 PM

I knew I could on you for a few laughs.

Aug 19, 2020, 12:24 PM

Clemson-USuCk football brawl 2004

Aug 19, 2020, 12:28 PM
Massacre.jpg(250.8 K)

You mean this...?

Aug 19, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine's child just received this e-mail from SCar ]

That 'brawl' was about as one-sided as the all-time 'rivalry'...

Did they mention Doo Doo Ice?***

Aug 19, 2020, 9:58 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

I think they've saved that for a little "surprise"

Aug 20, 2020, 11:10 AM

when the student gets there.

Always want to save something for excitement's sake.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic