Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 things I feel like I learned tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

4 things I feel like I learned tonight

Sep 9, 2017, 10:57 PM

1) Once again, we have a dominant D. They will easily keep us in every game this year. It'll be interesting to see how we fare against dual-threat QBs, like LAMEr Jackoffson, but I'd imagine Venables and Co. will have us well-prepared.

2) KB has performed quite better than I'd expected. He does seem capable of running the Offense, and operating within his unique skillset. However, I do envision a slight (just slight, not significant) drop off in offensive "firepower" and consistency this year...so far. He does not have the elite experience DW4 had in terms of reading progressions, learning how to create plays when nothing is there, and checking down out of bad plays. That'll come, I think, as the season drags on and he gains more confidence through winning close games like this one tonight. Be patient, Tiger fans. Greatness takes time. Natural talent cannot win on its own. Even our beloved darling Watson had to lose a few games before he learned how to win the big ones that really mattered. Even still, I am honest enough to admit that I still do not sense the "IT" factor that DW4 had almost immediately upon stepping on the football field. Not worried about it, though. If KB does what only KB can do it, and consistently gets it to our world-class playmakers, he won't have to do more than he has to. And we'll be just fine. His mantra for the rest of the season should be: Trust the process. Don't try to do to much. Get it to the elite guys around me, and let them do the rest.

3) Our OL play simply MUST improve. Plain and simple. Especially the RT tackle position. Not sure who wants it less: Anchrum or Pollard. Don't care, either. This is now a national championship-winning program that-per Dabo's words himself- expects to be relevant for a long time. If you're not willing to bring it every single snap and do your job, then there's always a place for you on the bench...where you belong. Elite programs dominate on both sides of the trenches. It starts there, and it ends there. We need to find a RT that cares about consistency, perfecting technique, and doing their job each play. I'm sure Coach Caldwell will be yanking some knots in butts this week during practice, and nut-checking our OL to find out who's ready to show up and bring it...and who's not.

4) The amount of armchair quarterbacks and fairweather fans this site allows on its messaging boards is absolutely ridiculous. Y'all make it damn-near unbearable to check TigerNet during a game...with your negativity and inability to ever be pleased. I trust our coaching staff now more than I ever have. Give them time to develop and strengthen this young, extremely talented and relatively well-experienced team. The season is two games old. Act like real fans. Love the team you have right now, and love the team this team will soon become.

Goodnight.

Message was edited by: IceMan001

Message was edited by: IceMan001

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic