Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
11-1 in 2015 ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

11-1 in 2015 ?

Dec 9, 2014, 5:58 PM

I feel with what we have returning on offense and with the incoming talent this is a VERY attainable goal....i know we r losing arguably one of the most (if not the most) talented D lines in all of college football but i dont see the drop off as all the drastic....also the schedule (albeit tentative) appears quite favorable....i c either a loss to GT or ND...but then again both r at The Valley so who knows??? I have predicted 2016 as being "The Year" but is it possible that 2015 could indeed b the year?? Do u guys agree or disagree on an 11-1 campaign for 2015??? Regardless i feel we will b vying for a spot in the playoffs for a few years to come....Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 11-1 in 2015 ?

Dec 9, 2014, 6:12 PM

Another boring and depressing 10-2 year!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Defense will take a significant step back

Dec 9, 2014, 6:17 PM

OL has HUGE question marks and no outstanding players (yet) to emerge. Schedule will be tougher and I could see us losing 3-4 although Watson is Heisman worthy if he can stay healthy. He might be able to win 10 by himself; he's really that unbelievably good.

New OCs may cause more regression than you think.

We're just too talented overall for most of the league so 8-10 wins seems about right to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 6:18 PM

Florida State might be better next year, They were better when EJ left, they will be more classy when Winston leaves. IJS. I say 12-0....I can do that now can't I ?

12-0***

Dec 9, 2014, 6:23 PM

I care about clemson football, if i have to lose friends at church so be it!!!

Go tigers!!!

I never expect to lose a game.........12-0...,for me as well***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:33 PM

Dec 9, 2014, 8:04 PM

> I feel with what we have returning on offense and
> with the incoming talent this is a VERY attainable
> goal....i know we r losing arguably one of the most
> (if not the most) talented D lines in all of college
> football but i dont see the drop off as all the
> drastic....also the schedule (albeit tentative)
> appears quite favorable....i c either a loss to GT or
> ND...but then again both r at The Valley so who
> knows??? I have predicted 2016 as being "The Year"
> but is it possible that 2015 could indeed b the
> year?? Do u guys agree or disagree on an 11-1
> campaign for 2015??? Regardless i feel we will b
> vying for a spot in the playoffs for a few years to
> come....Go Tigers!!!!

We replaced Georgia with Wofford on opening day. I hope that ends up NOT coming back to bite us, though we do get Notre Dame (at home) next year.

Notre Dame loses six guys on offense next year...including QB Everett Golson, and four of five offensive line starters. They also lose four guys on D, as well as their punter and kicker. That's a lot to replace...Notre Dame will be down next year, not that they were ever really that good this year.

FSU loses eight starters on offense - assuming, of course, Winston declares for the NFL draft and hauls out of Tallahassee as fast as he humanly can, which I think everybody knows is coming. They get almost everybody back on D unless somebody declares early. They will be down.

Louisville loses WR Devonte Parker and seven other offensive starters, and they also lose about half their defense, including DE Lorenzo Mauldin. I know, I know...Petrino's an offensive genius, but losing 3 OL, all three starting wideouts, and your #1 tailback do not make you a better team. Louisville will be down...especially their defense, which was tough as nails.

BC is another team that'll be down. They're losing their entire starting offensive line - they had five grad students across their front - plus their QB, Tyler Murphy. They were already as unexplosive as it gets at the skill positions. They also lose 5 starters on D.

South Carolina will also be way down on paper. They're losing their QB, Dylan Thompson, along with four other offensive starters, and RB Mike Davis has already told everyone he's going pro and walked with the seniors on Senior Day. I'm also hearing RB Brandon Wilds and OT Brandon Shell are also leaning towards going pro. Defensively they return nine of eleven, which is good, but they were also ranked 90th out of 126 FCS teams...which is distinctly not good, and their front seven was as suspect a unit as there was in a Power 5 school, which is something that's only recruiting and development fixes. They were 6-6 this year; they look like a 4-8 team next year unless Spurrier can manufacture a QB somehow.

Georgia Tech is the big worry to me. Their offense looks as good as it's looked in awhile and they return most of it. They do lose WR Deandre Smelter, their big target at WR, and that clearly hindered them against FSU in the ACC title game.

Other than that, who is there? Wake Forest? NC State? Syracuse? Meh.

We do lose eight defensive starters ourselves, which will sting big-time, especially considering who they are, but our depth and recruiting, hopefully, will show. I'm personally considered about strongside end - only Kevin Dodd returns who has seen any kind of action - and middle 'backer with Anthony leaving and no obvious replacement on deck, but other than that the D looks very solid...and our offense should be scary if Watson is healthy and some of those young superstuds like Hyatt and Fruhmogen can contribute early on the OL.

Only Georgia Tech, FSU, and maybe - maybe - Louisville look at all threatening, and we get the Bees and 'Noles at home. There will definitely be no better time for Clemson to win the ACC.

Potd?***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:56 PM

I think so

Good analysis

Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 11-1 in 2015 ? ]

I'm a little concerned about our D for the reasons you mention, but with BV at the helm, I think we will be ok.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:21 PM

11-1? Fire Dabo!

We will not lose at home to ND or GT ...***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15-0 unless Clemson beats us***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:40 PM

Dec 9, 2014, 8:41 PM

If the D can hold up to the offensive firepower we very easily could go to playoffs. As long as DW rehabs well, we have a good chance. Next season could be like early Tajh Boyd years.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic