Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody live in The Summit outside of Columbia, SC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1,548

Anybody live in The Summit outside of Columbia, SC?

Apr 14, 2021, 12:23 PM

Why was this guy not arrested for assault?

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1382119550985048068

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What were the circumstances?

Apr 14, 2021, 12:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure why the sergeant assaulted the man or why

Apr 14, 2021, 12:40 PM

he wasn't arrested for what is obviously assault and battery according to SC Law.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure why the sergeant assaulted the man or why

Apr 14, 2021, 12:44 PM

No, I am not. The SC Code of Laws defines what is assault

Apr 14, 2021, 12:50 PM

which this guy clearly meets the definition of. The victim is on a public sidewalk. He threatens physical harm repeatedly after he slaps his cell phone out of his hands and then he shoves the guy.

That is, by definition, assault.

Re: No, I am not. The SC Code of Laws defines what is assault

Apr 14, 2021, 12:54 PM

You are the only one who has mentioned race.

Apr 14, 2021, 12:58 PM

You may want to learn about the SC Law regarding assault, given your nature, to avoid jail time.

Re: You are the only one who has mentioned race.

Apr 14, 2021, 1:18 PM

Cool story, Bro.***

Apr 14, 2021, 1:26 PM

Re: Cool story, Bro.***

Apr 14, 2021, 2:56 PM

Apr 14, 2021, 3:01 PM

honestly he did shove him.. but what lead up to it? this guy didn't just randomly walk up and start yelling at him. "Deondre" or whatever his name is had to be doing something first that lead to the altercation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Apr 14, 2021, 3:06 PM

Can you legally explain to us...

Apr 14, 2021, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: No, I am not. The SC Code of Laws defines what is assault ]

How this ISN'T assault?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Can you legally explain to us...

Apr 14, 2021, 3:15 PM

Re: Can you legally explain to us...

Apr 14, 2021, 3:24 PM

Well, reading the article, there isn't any accusation that the baseball cap guy committed a crime. They said he was hanging around that's what upset them. During the video I'm watching, he never threatens Sgt. Billy Bad ### or tries to attack him. He even turns around and walks away at one point--in the direction the Army dude told him to--and Sgt. Billy still shoves him.

Let's say that again. The sgt. told the man to walk away in a specific direction. The man starts to do it, and then the sgt. attacks him. He just wanted a fight. He didn't want the guy to leave. He wanted to fight him.

The Army is investigating it and it already looks like they are not happy. This sgt. will be arrested and he should.

You're claiming this isn't assault. Please explain why.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: No, I am not. The SC Code of Laws defines what is assault

Apr 14, 2021, 3:04 PM [ in reply to No, I am not. The SC Code of Laws defines what is assault ]

which this guy clearly meets the definition of. The victim is on a public sidewalk. He threatens physical harm repeatedly after he slaps his cell phone out of his hands and then he shoves the guy.

That is, by definition, assault.

I agree all up to the "public sidewalk" part. its not a public sidewalk if its a gated neighborhood.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Well... is it? EDIT: Sorry...

Apr 14, 2021, 3:13 PM

Didn't see your post below, and I see it is. So yes, you're right.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

Re: Not sure why the sergeant assaulted the man or why

Apr 14, 2021, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure why the sergeant assaulted the man or why ]

That shove is assault and battery. That's defined under SC law. Doesn't matter what led up to it. Clearly he is not physically threatening the man or anyone else. It's not self defense.

Doesn't really matter

Apr 14, 2021, 3:09 PM [ in reply to What were the circumstances? ]

Putting anything racial aside, it's a public sidewalk and that man doesn't own it. And when the guy does try to get away from him, the guy follows him and shoves him. He even tells him to get out of his face... and then gets up in the guy's face.

He's a dumb angry Dirt ###### redneck. If the guy in the hat is causing a problem, call law enforcement.

But you want it to be a crime to post a video that was taken in public?

Re: Doesn't really matter

Apr 14, 2021, 3:10 PM

Apr 14, 2021, 3:13 PM

No, it shouldn't... all that is covered under First Amendment law. It's in a public forum. You forfeit your right to privacy when you are behaving in the public realm (public sidewalk) and especially when committing a crime (assault).

You want to make it a crime for "assuming" something is a racial incident? Tell me how that one is going to go down in court.

EDIT: I see the sidewalk isn't public as it's a gated community. Didn't catch that earlier. That wouldn't really prevent someone from recording out on the street, but the man (baseball cap) could have been arrested for trespassing.

Thus, let police do their job.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

Apr 14, 2021, 3:17 PM

Eh... no.

Apr 14, 2021, 3:21 PM

Sure, if let's say I falsely accuse you (while identifying you) of being a racist and you can prove in court that you are not one AND that I have hurt your reputation. But "assuming" someone's actions were racially motivated? That won't hold up in a libel/slander suit.

That certainly doesn't apply in this incident.

I forgot

Apr 14, 2021, 3:25 PM

Re: I forgot

Apr 14, 2021, 3:29 PM

You're looking at a video of a man shoving a guy from behind as he tries to walk away and claiming no crime was committed, and you want to ask me what I think I know about the law?

I recommend you read the Army and the sheriff's office's statements on this incident.

Yes, if I am able to make you lose your job or damage your reputation by falsely labeling you as a racist (and again, identifying you is key), you certainly would have grounds for that suit. But that doesn't apply here and you're tossing red herrings around.

If you want a law for libel/slander, you have it. But that's irrelevant in this case.

I haven't made a claim the sgt. is racist. I will say he's a meatheaded moron who thinks he can do whatever he wants and is just looking for an excuse to get in a fight.

Apr 14, 2021, 3:37 PM

Apr 14, 2021, 3:48 PM

T3Tiger® said:

You don’t know ANYTHING about the guy. You’re just assuming because of a video clip and what the mob has ASSUMED.

Let me assure you, if I caught you doing something on my property that I thought was harmful to my family, I would beat the utter #### out of you and the cops would be fine with it.

Again, it may be exactly what it looks like or it may be nothing of to the sort. I am sick though of EVERYTHING automatically being about racism.

Also, this guy is active duty military and an instructor. Are we back to not caring about them now or does that only apply when they’re black guys in VA who don’t comply and have a gun beside them in the front seat. The hypocrisy on this board is unreal.

Agreed. people from other neighborhoods come to ours to walk in or in one case "read" while sitting in her car. it turned out that was what she was doing.. BUT I'm still against it. you don't live here.. why are you driving around or walking around in a neighborhood you don't live in? ours is one way in and one way out. Columbia has a huge problem with breakins and package theft and a lot of upscale neighborhoods are suspicious when we see someone there who we know does not live there just "hanging out"

Apr 14, 2021, 5:02 PM

Did you physically accost those people? No? Why not? Because you know it's against the law?

There ya go.

A few years ago, we had a lot of break-ins in our hood and we formed a watch in partnership with the sheriff's office. But one thing they made very, very, very clear to us: If we see someone who doesn't belong, do NOT try to handle it ourselves. Call them.

There's a reason for that.

Apr 14, 2021, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I forgot ]

You don’t know ANYTHING about the guy. You’re just assuming because of a video clip and what the mob has ASSUMED.

When I see a man behaving that way toward a guy who is not exhibiting any sort of threatening behavior or language, and then shoves him from behind as the guy tries to calmly walk away, I know all I need to know about what kind of man he is.

What I'm puzzled by is why you are trying so hard to defend him. Again, we can leave race out of this. Why are you defending his actions and trying to claim he hasn't committed a crime? You still haven't explained why he hasn't committed one.

Let me assure you, if I caught you doing something on my property that I thought was harmful to my family, I would beat the utter #### out of you and the cops would be fine with it.

But he wasn't on his property. That's even established by the words of the assailant. He was mad the man was on the sidewalk area for 15 minutes.

Also, this guy is active duty military and an instructor. Are we back to not caring about them now or does that only apply when they’re black guys in VA who don’t comply and have a gun beside them in the front seat. The hypocrisy on this board is unreal.

Are you arguing that because he is military, that gives him free license to behave however he sees fit? That holding him accountable for his behavior somehow makes people anti military?

Why can't you explain why this man is innocent and why he hasn't committed assault? Why are you so eager to jump to his side? Again, leave race out of it.

Apr 14, 2021, 5:18 PM

Apr 15, 2021, 12:46 PM

He was on a sidewalk at that point. He may have been on their property just prior to that. Maybe he was attempting to deal drugs? You don’t know.

Yeah, and you don't know, either. For all you know, he's an innocent man who lived there.

You automatically assume innocence and call for due process for the angry idiot, and automatically you assume the other guy did something wrong.

The black guy was calm, not aggressive, not threatening, and tried to walk away. He was attacked. And you're blathering on that, oh, well, maybe he deserved it before the camera rolled. But big idiot with anger issues must be given due process!

And that's where I'll bring race into this finally. That speaks volumes about your character regarding race.

And who did the police arrest, huh? You're an authoritarian fascist. Why aren't you trusting law enforcement here?

Hey T3

Apr 15, 2021, 8:52 PM

Hey T3Tiger®, did you delete the rest of this thread or did the admins? If you did, why?

Failure to respond means you did it to hide your tracks.

That is SOOO Columbia***

Apr 14, 2021, 2:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody live in The Summit outside of Columbia, SC?

Apr 14, 2021, 2:50 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9470275/Fort-Jackson-soldier-investigation-harassing-black-man.html

Apr 14, 2021, 3:07 PM

you should see some of the comments on richland county's twitter and facebook page. woke white liberals leading the band of usual suspects from ######## parts of the country sticking their noses in. where was this outrage over 6 people being killed by a black man just last week? we got a whole lot of "CTE" or "football made him do it" comments. well...steroids and alcohol made this guy do it.

Yep mob rule again

Apr 14, 2021, 7:19 PM

You're still trying to claim....

Apr 14, 2021, 8:26 PM

No crime was committed. The video showed it. You even said above that you weren't defending him, but here you are again, claiming the sheriff caved.

Dude. He committed a violent crime. Unprovoked. On camera.

Again, please explain to me why he shouldn't have been arrested. Ignore what the crowd says or anything about race. Address his specific actions.

400 years of White rule ending rather quickly.

Apr 14, 2021, 7:07 PM

Glad 23andMe proves I’m 0.7% Black and 0.6% West Asian.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loud yawn and silent fart to this whole thread.

Apr 14, 2021, 8:36 PM

This is some weakass sauce. It’s like you guys have lost your mojo post-Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2021, 9:07 PM

Holy #### I can’t believe this is a 3 page thread. This is the lamest video I have ever seen and not a person in the world would care if the “victim” was white.

Nobody knows what happened prior to the video or what the kid was doing. The old roided out man could have been in the right or in the wrong. We don’t know. Because all we saw was him repeatedly telling the kid to get out of the gated neighborhood. That’s all it is.

Now the guy has people protesting outside his house. This situation is I incredibly laughable.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently there is more to this story but for

Apr 14, 2021, 9:45 PM

meanwhile in Tennessee

Apr 15, 2021, 3:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody live in The Summit outside of Columbia, SC? ]

Austin East High School has had 4 students shot and killed this year so far in separate events

but but but he was shoved waaaa waaaa it knocked him off balance waaaa waaaa assault assault citizens arrest citizens arrest

we have become a society of complete #######

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.***

Apr 14, 2021, 9:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

This happened like a quarter mile from my house

Apr 15, 2021, 7:24 AM

Pretty cool it made national news. I heard that the "protest" turned violent, but I didn't notice anything except a couple of police cars headed in that direction yesterday evening.

leftists rushed to defend that piece of trash who

Apr 15, 2021, 9:47 AM

murdered 6 people in rock hill. so quick to claim "Football made him do it" nevermind that 6 people are dead including two CHILDREN much younger then the 22 year old "kid" who was shoved once or twice and gets called a victim. actually there have been three mass shootings the past two weeks by "POC" shredding your angry white man narrative.

Baldy had a little case of roid rage "steroids made him do it."

how many times was race brought up over a little neighborhood dispute? "black man and white solider" are used constantly in nearly every article I have seen. how many times was it brought up over the rock hill slaughter? liberals along with main stream media are the scum of the earth.

This is red herring logic makes no sense.

Apr 15, 2021, 12:51 PM

First, that murder incident has NOTHING to do with this. And we're talking murders. And yeah, anyone defending said murderer (I haven't seen this but okay, maybe you did) is an idiot.

Completely unrelated to this case. We have a video of a man accosting and then assaulting another man who commits no crime on camera. Police investigated and arrested the attacker. This is open and shut.

Why are y'all so eager to defend him? Because he's military? Because he's white? Because it makes no sense that anyone would defend his actions.

You shove a person in the back as he's walking away from you and not instigating you, you're getting arrested. Period. And that punishment comes to people of all skin colors.

Despite having virtually no opinion nor cares about the

Apr 15, 2021, 1:00 PM

Cola case, it seems that most people are saying "can we get the whole story before declaring the guy to be a Grand Wizard?" and I get that.

I can think of things that someone could do to me or my family that would make me react like this guy (if not worse), and I bet most would understand and forgive me for it. Conversely, he could be an ill-tempered bigot. Bottom line, who knows at this point?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we know who nose***

Apr 15, 2021, 1:02 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You a pothead, Fokker?***

Apr 15, 2021, 1:09 PM

Re: Despite having virtually no opinion nor cares about the

Apr 15, 2021, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Despite having virtually no opinion nor cares about the ]

Yes, I definitely concur there. I don't think it's fair to make this racial right out of the gates.

I see an angry idiot trying to apply drill sergeant life to a real life situation, and from what I see in the video, he assaults a man who doesn't appear to be doing anything wrong.

Thus far, the drill sergeant has not earned any defenses except what you said: Don't rush to label him or his motives.

Why don't folks put down the camera and help diffuse

Apr 15, 2021, 1:35 PM

Surely somebody could have walked up to the big guy and told him to calm down and give the smaller dude space to leave. Would have been a fine ending for all parties.

I've escorted people off property and away from events a handful of times. You gotta be direct while also keeping your cool.

Re: Why don't folks put down the camera and help diffuse

Apr 15, 2021, 1:40 PM

Apr 15, 2021, 1:51 PM

Did the cops ever arrive at the scene? (supposedly they were called) Surely they should have handled if there were any issues with the smaller guy touching and grabbing neighborhood women.

Like you said in other posts, that part of the Summit is a very diverse community. It's non-gated (unlike others suggested) and people can walk through there no problem. I think this is more of a meathead trying to throw his weight around.

The people with the camera were too focused videoing a guy about to get his ### beat, instead of working to stop a guy getting his ### beat.

Apr 15, 2021, 1:55 PM

Forget the aggressive tough guy wannabe dude who's

Apr 15, 2021, 1:42 PM

roid raging.

How about the dependapotamous wife who has to inject herself in the situation. I'm sure he beats her too, so that's a plus.

Military bad again now?

Apr 15, 2021, 1:46 PM

Re: Military bad again now?

Apr 16, 2021, 9:25 AM

Even the sheriff Leon Lott said the gentleman had harassed / bothered a couple of neighborhood girls/women .So OK for black man to do this but if it reversed races there would surely been a problem but then it's a problem if white man harasses black man back.Yes cops should have been called to handle the situation.The problem I have is ,I don't know about ya'll but in junior high and high school if every time a student shoved another student the jail would have been packed everyday because it happened multiple times daily.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1,548
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic