Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting link on ND to ACC...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Interesting link on ND to ACC...

May 16, 2017, 9:32 AM

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/now-right-time-notre-dame-join-acc-football.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting link on ND to ACC...

May 16, 2017, 9:44 AM

We would have to add one more school. Probably been discussed before but who are top choices?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 9:46 AM

I would want Penn St or WVU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 9:52 AM

Penn State would be option 1 and 1a, but unlikely to leave Big 10. West Virginia is out based on academics, this has already been discussed in prior years. I am not sure who team 16 would be, but I suspect we would give ND much input on that school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 10:07 AM

If ND had large input into a 16th member I could see only two possible outcomes and I don't want either of them; UConn or Navy. Neither brings much to the ACC in the major sports beyond UConn BB. Hope the ACC listens to all current members on this issue.

Lots of folks couldn't imagine Maryland leaving the ACC

May 16, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting link on ND to ACC... ]

for the B1G but we see how that played out. Not sure that Penn State can get leveraged the same way as what Maryland did with their broke @$$ athletic department at the time, but who knows. And as far as academic requirements of schools goes and not adding WVU, gotta agree with lots of other posts on this on tigernet - that all went out the window with bringing in Louisville.

May 16, 2017, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting link on ND to ACC... ]

Stop saying WVU. We don't need there asinine fan base. I'd take Oklahoma or Tejas though but they'll probably never leave the B12 unless both were offered to join the SEC. USF may be good but they probably aren't academically acceptable either.

May 16, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting link on ND to ACC... ]

There are really only four distinct possible additions beyond Notre Dame largely due to GOR for other conferences at the moment. The likely candidates are UConn, West Virginia, Univ. of Cincinnati and perhaps Penn State. The B10 would not want to lose Penn St. so as much as ACC fans desire them I cannot envision them leaving their present conference. We tried getting them in the last expansion and failed due to hockey and money.

I personally like West Virginia as a candidate even if academics are somewhat an issue. Let UConn stay in the AAC or be approached by the B10 as a media market candidate. Cincy is a fine school, but they too need to stay put.

Things could get interesting quite soon.

Go Tigers!

Maybe we should just kick somebody out. 16 is too big***

May 16, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting link on ND to ACC... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe we should just kick somebody out. 16 is too big***

May 16, 2017, 10:31 AM

Why would the ACC push teams out? Conference expansion is coming again with the renewal of GOR contracts, especially in the Big 12. This conference is one in long term decline unless it figures out how to gain valuable new members. Everybody recognizes the SEC wants Texas and Oklahoma, but so does the B10. West Virginia is one of several logical choices for the sixteenth member and geographically make the most sense.

Go Tigers!

I've heard this hysteria before. Staying at 14 will not hurt

May 16, 2017, 10:44 AM

us at all.

Let Texas and and Oklahoma go to the SEC. Let SCAR get those big tv contracts. Doesn't matter. We have a path to staying elite regardless of what any other conference does at this point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all the experts seem to think UConn is the 16th team.

May 16, 2017, 10:04 AM

I couldn't care less.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all the experts seem to think UConn is the 16th team.

May 16, 2017, 10:05 AM

exactly, what to those guys bring?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all the experts seem to think UConn is the 16th team.

May 16, 2017, 10:13 AM

UConn brings major market exposure TV wise for ESPN. Second UConn BB (both teams) are nationally known. Academically UConn is an outstanding institution which brings research prestige to the conference. Football would have to be upgraded measurably before I would really consider this school despite what it brings otherwise.

thank you. That was very informative.***

May 16, 2017, 10:31 AM

May 16, 2017, 11:33 AM

That's an interesting article. I had never seen the amount of money Notre Dame received from NBC. I had assumed it was much more than the $15,000,000 per year. From a financial point, it appears Notre Dame would gain by being in the ACC and the ACC gain from Notre Dame's membership due to increased viewership and, hence, a much improved package from ESPM.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic