Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen

Mar 17, 2021, 2:12 PM

Surprised newsweek published this.
Great read

https://www.newsweek.com/true-face-north-face-1576659

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sell to its supplier of fleece the oil-based chemistry

Mar 17, 2021, 2:28 PM

that provides the wicking/moisture-transport performance for the NF products.

Lets see if they can can make fabrics that perform from plant-based substances. They eventually will be able to, BUT they will be super-expensive and will not perform/last.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sell to its supplier of fleece the oil-based chemistry

Mar 17, 2021, 3:18 PM

bengal

You and 9 obviously know way more about this than me, but it seems to me that this provides a possible use of petroleum products that is carbon neutral. That should be cause for celebration - and a possible direction for oil companies to pursue in lieu of burning fossil fuels and the ensuing pollution.

What am I missing ??

Polyester and Nylon are both made from oil/gas

Mar 17, 2021, 3:27 PM

based products.

Polyester - see the Carbons

https://www.essentialchemicalindustry.org/images/stories/590_Polyesters/PolyEsters_02.JPG

Nylon - see the Carbons

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b5c72c4cad3a43c6ce7d85c622721212.webp

Re: Polyester and Nylon are both made from oil/gas

Mar 17, 2021, 3:42 PM

Yeah, I knew that. What I guess I am asking is how much of the oil/gas industry could be shifted into non-combustible materials (less pollution) like this ? Rather than killing the oil/gas industry, could we help it mutate into a more environmentally friendly format ?

Re: Polyester and Nylon are both made from oil/gas

Mar 17, 2021, 3:53 PM

Petroleum has been the source for all of those types of materials "forever." Nothing new here so nothing to be shifted.

take the carbon out squish it together and heat it up and

Mar 17, 2021, 3:56 PM

bewm you gots diamonds

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lefties being hypocrites ... go figure***

Mar 17, 2021, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty dumb article honestly.

Mar 17, 2021, 2:54 PM

I work in an industry that provides them certain materials, but they won’t put our logo on their products because of the industry we are in. We are a necessary part of their supply chain, but I know they would eliminate us from their supply chain if they could. We are necessary input for their products, but I understand them not wanting to look like they are endorsing companies in our industry. This isn’t anything new, this has been their policy for a while and it isn’t because of recent “woke” culture. Just because they have to use us doesn’t mean they like it and endorse us, we are just necessary for them to be in business.

Northface employs a lot of

Mar 17, 2021, 3:24 PM

Chinese children that need the pennies!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen

Mar 17, 2021, 3:38 PM

Hey, let's be honest here. NO company is going to sacrifice their profits to be environmentally friendly.

However, all of them could work towards some balance between the two concerns.

And if some of them are publicizing their environmentally friendly policies (many many are) lets all be smart enough to take that with a grain of salt. ALL advertising is one-sided propaganda.

Re: This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen

Mar 17, 2021, 3:56 PM

I'd guess 90+% of the "we are woke with climate" advertising is woke-a$$ BS. A bunch of no-nothing accountants using left-wing "science" make all kinds of ridiculous claims about being carbon neutral. It's a hoax almost as bad as Trump's impeachment.

Patagonia will and they have stated as much

Mar 17, 2021, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen ]

and I know they will. Like I know know. Not just sort of know, I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is like saying CNN pushes the oppression narrative

Mar 17, 2021, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: This is the biggest own of a woke company I've seen ]

because of supply/demand forces. Yeah, we're buying that one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic