Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 903

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 8, 2020, 7:53 AM

Took a long one because I could.

Thursday, went to the Poinsett Bridge then a couple of waterfalls.

Friday, no concert plan, I did buy that sliding miter saw though.

Saturday, tinkered with said saw.

Sunday, more tinkering and a lot of lazy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday went to the pool, dodged a storm,

Jun 8, 2020, 7:55 AM

came home, went for a run.

Saturday, running and pool
Sunday, running and pool + a little sunburn

Decent weekend.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just wrote a Zac Brown song.

Jun 8, 2020, 8:10 AM

Dodged a storm Friday, went for a run,
running and pool Sunday + a little sunburn,
Ummmm hmmmmm, that’s a decent weekend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do I have to wear a beanie now?***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a balding Jack Black?***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice dinner with frens Fri nite...got drunk

Jun 8, 2020, 7:56 AM

More yard work Sat, Oconee State Park Sunday, Hidden Falls hike..
Yeah, Cmon!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just wrote a Rage Against the Machine song

YEA COMEONE!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 8, 2020, 8:06 AM

Rode bikes a lot with the kids.
Cleared and cut a 1/3rd mile bike trail through the woods. My son worked like an absolute animal on this thing. Gave him a pair of loppers and told him to cut every limb that he would hit on his bike. He must have cut 1000 limbs. Like most 9 year olds, he complains about having to work, but he didn't say a peep during all of this.. and it was HOT outside. Proud dad.

Cut grass.

Worked on fixing up my old storage shed. Pulled off the vines, trimmed the bottom 8" off of the T11 siding that had partiall rotted, and added back some Z-flashing and some 1x8 PT boards where I removed the siding. A fresh coat of paint and it should last another 30 years.

Swam in the pool.

Ate out a couple of times, I think. There was a female MMA fight on at the Mexican Restaurant. Daughter asked if it was "Foxy Boxing".... which she learned about from the Simpsons. Made me lol.

Watched Saving Private Ryan.

Beat my meat a few times.

Watched episodes 7-9 of The Last Dance.

Threw my back out.

T11 siding? That’s nothing...l

Jun 8, 2020, 8:11 AM

I used to bullseye womprats with my T15 back home.

I might need your help, then.

Jun 8, 2020, 8:16 AM

Pretty sure there's womprats in shed that need bullseyeing.

Mildly weekendy.

Friday, I was on call covering tickets for one of developers that was taking a long weekend, so worked a little later than usual. Made a killer meatball pizza, drank beers, and watched Sturgill's livestream from the Ryman, and it was HOT MOLTEN LAVA. Cleaned up the kitchen, sat down and practiced on the bass for an hour or so, drifted back into the den and flipped channels til bedtime.

Saturday, coffee, walked pup, a few chores around the house, then over to Joonyer's house #2 in York to work. Chainsawing, swinging pick axe, raking...left there around 6:00 absolutely beat. Came home and showered, and we were so tired that we finally got up and nuked a microwave meal for the first time in a couple of months. Drank a few beers, barely paid attention to a movie Mrs. Tig was watching, and finally crashed.

Sunday, slept late, got up and fed the coffee jones, watched The Byrds Live in Belgium in 1971 on Qello, then took a hike along the river with the pup. Came back and cooled off, then got an invite to go see the lake that a buddy of mine helped build at the summer camp on the island behind the house, so walked back down across the river and checked it out. Then back to the house to rehydrate, took a bottle of the tepache (Mexican pineapple beer) we made over to RH Sis and visited with RH Mom for about an hour. Left there and went to Walmart for the first time in almost 3 months. Timing was great, it wasn't crowded at all, and ended up buying more than I needed. Made cheesesteaks for supper, then went and practiced bass for about an hour and half. Sat down and flipped channels for about an hour, then crashed.

Not the most exciting weekend, but oh well. Gonna score it 16/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty good.

Jun 8, 2020, 8:27 AM

Friday: Home from work, couple beers, reheated some 'que for dinner and made baked mac and limas for dinner.

Saturday: Went to the farmer's market just to get out the house in the morning. Wifeof likes the craft stalls etc and there were not very many vendors. Probably about 1/3 of "normal" due to distancing i assume. Stopped at a nursery afterwards to browse. Pretty wide variety but they seemed pretty heavily geared towards water plants/gardening, which we're not into. Had a meh lunch from a food truck on the way back to the house after picking up some potting mix. Re-potted my parsley and dill that were in too small pots. Hopefully this solves some of the yellowing issues we're having. Ordered from a new Jap place and had a banging bowl of ramen for dinner.

Sunday: Up early to cut grass, edge, weed eat and blow. Ate lunch and then swapped out 8 hard-wired smoke/CO detectors (sorry H8nusc®) for the older couple next door that they were having problems doing themselves. Re-wired a 3-way switch they were having flickering issues with. They acted like i was some kind of magician for knowing how to fix bad connections from when everything was installed originally. Grilled burgers and air fried fries for dinner.

Throw some beers in there over the whole weekend and you pretty much get it.

PS: aerozepptallica

Build a table for your saw that you can put over saw-horses. Google compound saw table or similar and you should get the idea.

You basically build a 2'x8'base with 2"x4"s, sheath in plywood, and then build raised sections on either side of where your saw will sit to the level of the saw base. This will help support long pieces without having someone have to hold one end or whatever for you. It prevent bowing of long trim pieces etc to ensure your cut angles are true to square. Tamale me if you have any questions.

too short

Jun 8, 2020, 8:35 AM

Fri - weekly dawghater2fam steak night. nothing special - 8/10

Sat - spread some fungicide on the yard, ate breakfast (leftover steak omlette, yeah c'mon), went to BIL and fished / drank beer / smoked things - 9/10

Sun - hungover, watched netflix. low country boil last night was fire - 7/10

no burning stores, cop cars, or rioting around ATL that I saw, so that was a relief

Same as it ever was

Jun 8, 2020, 8:35 AM

https://youtu.be/CHatn3_UxEU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Jun 8, 2020, 8:39 AM

Friday took lawnmower to Ridge Spring.

Saturday spent all day trying to change phone service. Consumer Cellular have me new numbers backwards. Granny's was mine and mine was Granny's. Ate Mexican. Watched Bride of Frankenstein.

Sunday slept in. Watched Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and then Mama's Family. It was a trip down bad memory lane.
Made Swedish meatballs with noodles and green beans.

Found out this morning lawnmower repair could cost up to $1000. Ouch.

Would not do again.
Frustrating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad

Jun 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

Fri - Fished from light until 2:00, 4.6 was big fish, pizza for dinner

Sat - 1st day of potty training for almost 2 yr old. lots of fun, picked up wings

Sun - planted 1/2 acre of millet, more potty training

Purdy good. Kinda given away much of it already but a recap

Jun 8, 2020, 8:58 AM

Saturday went to Lowes and bought a regular electrical outlet, a treated 39.5" x 5.5" x 1" board, and 4 cans of black spray paint. Wife took kids to pool while I spray painted all of the porch furniture, and replaced the garage electrical outlet, and fixed the rotting step. Grilled chicken for supper.

Sunday watched church, corrected a report, reviewed a lease, cooked steaks while mom came over and visited for her birthday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any weekend where you go to Esso is a good one....

Jun 8, 2020, 8:59 AM

Friday...met wife-of and son-of at Chili's for dinner. Was actually a pretty good meal. Was tired af from long work week, so crashed early.

Saturday...didn't sleep worth a sheet so woke-up tired. Did some yard work, cleaned up garage, hauled some trash. Friends from Charlotte came to visit for the night. Left all the kids at home and we hit the Irish Pub for dinner. Good beer and good food. Built a fire in the outdoor fireplace and made some smores. Good evening all around and felt good to socialize with some friends.

Sunday...I cooked a mean breakfast of Shrimp and Grits for everyone. One of my better efforts. Couldn't find Tasso Ham, so I used Andioulle sausage instead and was really good. Used some stone ground grits I bought in some specialty shop somewhere and made them with a base of chick stock, heavy cream, and half-and-half with a little garlic powder and a lot of white cheddar and they were awesome. Son of the family visiting had never been to Clemson, so we loaded everyone up and I took them on a tour of Clemson and ended with lunch at Esso. Sunday meat and 3 for the win.

A little BLMy, a lot privileged White man-y.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:34 AM

Friday - worked late, dinner, an episode of Space Force with the missus, bed.

Saturday - slept late-ish for me, didn't get a lot of work done, went to karate, then went to a march with lil'APMette. Sang "We Shall Overcome" with our brothers and sisters from the mostly-Black church community. Chinese for dinner. Accompanied by a Bud Light. Watched some UFC, bed.

Sunday - got a good run in, online church, went and hit some golf balls at the range with lil'APM, lunch, reading, errands, grilled turkey burgers, watched the Bruce Lee 30 for 30 until I fell asleep on the recliner. Upstairs for seggsy time. Our dog was acting fun and wouldn't lay down to sleep. Prolly got an expensive trip to the vet coming up and she ain't gettin' any younger. *sigh*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got through half the first episode of Space Force.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:20 AM

My high hopes for that show were quickly dashed.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd episode is MUCH better.***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It got bettter.***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Got through half the first episode of Space Force. ]

Kept things quiet.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:35 AM

Stayed home and kept working on building my new dining room table.

Literally did nothing else, other than watch a Stephen Kellogg Concert that he broadcast from home.

Unplugged from all social media for most of the weekend.

Humidy and good

Jun 8, 2020, 9:43 AM

Friday: went shopping for food stuffs to grill and bought some wood to smoke with

Saturday: dropped the car off for some work on a pesky leaking tire, took son to purchase a 9mm handgun. Watched Bundesliga, ordered take out and generally did nothing

Sunday: Watched Bundeliga. Started grill setup. Put on a whole chicken and a turkey breast on the smoker for about 2 hours. Finished it on the grill to crisp the skin. Put stuffed onions in the oven (copied recipe from 19B®) then put on some sirloins and veggies on the grill. I found a sixer of my favorite beer, Citrocity, on Saturday and drank them yesterday. 'Twas epic and will dew a Ginn.

Sirloin and vegs

Whole chicken and turkey

Onions

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday, Don't remember.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:43 AM

Saturday: Don't remember.

Went swimming in the river at some point. A couple of times actually.

Sunday: New animals. Got two algae eaters for the fish tank because I'm tired of cleaning it every weekend. They ain't done ####.

Replaced 1 chicken with 4. Wife of is getting two more Wednesday because 8 apparently isn't enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Snails are better for cleanup. Algae eaters are messy AF***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One is a sucker fish one is one of those tiny

Jun 8, 2020, 10:15 AM

catfish.

The sucker fish hasn't moved in hours.

Can't find the little catfish anymore. Hope the goldfish hasn't eaten him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

If the sucker fish is a common pleco those get huge

Jun 8, 2020, 10:18 AM

Like 2-3' long huge. Hopefully you got lucky and got a bristlenose pleco, they stay a lot smaller.

I'm assuming you're talking about cory cats, they really need a school of at least 3. They will also have sexual relations and create more catfish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big blur

Jun 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

Littlelakebum wasn't feeling too good Saturday, so we hung close to the house. Rode to Clemson on the boat and that was about it.

Got him feeling better Sunday morning so went up to Raines on Hartwell at Big Water Marina. Pretty good food, a little pricey. Can't beat the view though. Rode over and checked out Hartwell marina for the first time in awhile, looks like it's probably the nicest marina on Hartwell now. Portman really needs to step up their game, they might be the worse in the Southeast.

Feels like it was all over before it began.

Great!!

Jun 8, 2020, 10:16 AM

Friday: spent day with MfOjr. fishing. grilled steaks, put up tent, made fire, camped out.

Sat.: sore as heck, went shopping for new bat and ball gear at Dick's Sporting Goods in Florence. Came home took a nap, played PS4, threw baseball, cooked homemade pizza, put up camping gear.

Sun.: spent time with MfOjr. before taking him back to his mom's :(, went fishing, ate left overs, watched race, read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exhausting

Jun 8, 2020, 11:08 AM

Friday: We got takeout Mexican for dinner. First time we have had Mexican since the pandemic struck and boy did it hit the spot.

Saturday: Woke up and walked the pup. Around noon, I got the bright idea to build a table for our deck (replacing the deck is next on the list, but that can wait a little longer). Went to Lowes and was lucky enough to find the wood I needed because the majority of the exterior lumber was picked over. Got to use the full selection of wood tools with this project: miter saw, circular saw, kreg jig and the coping saw. It only took 8 hours of work to finish her up, but I am pleased with the outcome. I will let the wood cure for a few weeks and then hopefully get a few hours to sand and stain it. The notching for the bottom braces might be my favorite part about the project because it gives the table clean lines.

Sunday: Red's dad brought up breakfast and hung out about an hour and a half. A morning full of yard work. Cut the grass, trimmed the edges and took down a few branches of a tree that happened to get a disease over the winter. Got my first haircut since February 4th and boy did I need it. Leftover pizza for lunch and dinner followed by Cookout Milkshakes for the pregnant lady. We watched 'Invisible Man' while we ate. Decent flick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Did you use the coping saw for the notches?***

Jun 8, 2020, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used the coping saw to help with the notches

Jun 8, 2020, 11:47 AM

But I used the circular saw set to a depth of 1.5" and made repetitive cuts until I hit 3.5". Then used a wood chisel to pop out the pieces and chisel down the leftover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it. I would not have thought to use the

Jun 8, 2020, 11:50 AM

circular saw.

It might be a little bit more work to use the circular saw

Jun 8, 2020, 11:52 AM

But it provides consistent depths without risking a crooked line with the coping saw.

I think you need a router fathers day.***

Jun 8, 2020, 11:58 AM

I've got an old router from my dad

Jun 8, 2020, 12:10 PM

But I havent ever used it. Might need to get it out of the box and give it a shot.

Strong work young man.***

Jun 8, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Exhausting ]

I really want to apologize

Jun 8, 2020, 1:29 PM

For the lack of pallets utilized in the making of this table.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 8, 2020, 11:22 AM

Friday: Went to pt for my ankle and then on to shooting range & picked up some more items.
Saturday: Paid bills and chilled
Sunday: Took my son to the mountains where we met some of his friends and fathers for a hike. I should have consumed more water!
Afterwards out to an early dinner.

Shat. Absolute Shat.

Jun 8, 2020, 12:28 PM

Was a good week long run with the new puppy. Till we figured out one of the boys is heinously allergic to him. Like, he got brushed while the pup was walking by and 10 min later 3/4 of his body was covered in a rash. So the puppy went back to the folks we got him from.

They were kind enough to give us our money back though, so that’s a positive. Only threw $400 away instead of close to a grand. Basically, it was the equable t of a week long vacation amongst millionaires at Myrtle Beach, except only with a puppy barking and no 6’s running with their iPhones on their arms.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry about your pup

Jun 8, 2020, 1:37 PM

they make hairless ones if that helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 41
| visibility 903
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic