Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MSM jumping on the Dirty Myrtle.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

MSM jumping on the Dirty Myrtle.

Jun 24, 2020, 8:08 AM

Evidently some Ohioans (go figure) all got the rona in MYB. No word yet on any std's brought back to Ohio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/23/us/ohio-students-myrtle-beach-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot fathom why people would go to Murder Beach

Jun 24, 2020, 9:16 AM

during a pandemic.

It has to be drug influenced. Meth or coke for sure

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they couldn't get flights booked to Chicago or Seattle***

Jun 24, 2020, 9:17 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would anyone ever go at all?

Jun 24, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I cannot fathom why people would go to Murder Beach ]

I think the reality of the situation is, there is a segment of the population that is truly subhuman. You could show them a pristine Caribbean beach with swim up tiki bar and they're still going to opt for the place with brown sand beaches, gridlocked traffic, and high rise condos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually a money issue.***

Jun 24, 2020, 11:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cough cough FBCOOCH cough***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I cannot fathom why people would go to Murder Beach ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they'll all be fine in a week.***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely.

Jun 24, 2020, 11:19 AM

Let's hope they have healthy parents, and grandma doesn't live at home.

Of course. The parents will be fine too. I think you and I

Jun 24, 2020, 12:19 PM

agree that regarding the grandparents, all those people involved have to make their choices regarding how they interact, and they should be granted the right to make all those choices, including the trip to the beach.

I have a 90 year old dad and 80 year old step mom. This Saturday they are going on the annual family (her family) invasion of Litchfield, about 18 assorted parents and young kids, staying in three houses. Dumbest decision they ever made, imo. If either of them get it, they're gone. No one can expect 20 people, some being kids, to consistently observe whatever social distancing is in a vacation setting. The two of them have heard me say it, they know it, and they want to go. All that being the case, I'm happy with however it turns out. If the worst happens, they were living as they wanted to, and I place zero blame on the rest of that family.

We have to move toward that attitude societally, I think. Be as cautious as you want to be, take other people's lack of caution into account, do what you need to do. We need to stop the cancelling of events and the shaming of people who attend them. Put on a mask (I do) and shut up.

Regarding masks (this is a different subject) I have yet to see evidence that the cloth ones have any effect. There is no shortage of media articles saying "studies show they work", but every one of the numerous ones I have seen are correlative only, this city vs that city, etc, so they weren't studies at all, but observations that didn't actually show what caused what. The only actual scientific tests I have seen - which measure the viruses in and out - indicate little actual effect. But regardless, I tend to wear a mask. If I'm going to be a 'freedom of decision' guy on this, I should at least show a willingness to be respectful. The argument about masks is the wrong hill to die on. But I haven't seen actual evidence that they work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need to be more considerate of others

Jun 24, 2020, 12:36 PM

Just in general and overall.

Wonderful. Maybe Congress can pass a "Lets Be Considerate"

Jun 24, 2020, 1:57 PM

resoltuion and we can get back to business without a trillion posts about who is wearing masks.

Pigs of the girls in the group?

Jun 24, 2020, 10:44 AM

Nevermind, they're from Ohio...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3,2,1,4. 2'd be the ride of your life.***

Jun 24, 2020, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, sure, but

Jun 24, 2020, 12:37 PM

what would the room smell like after. Tiggity®? Any thoughts? Serious post is serious.

Chinese food?***

Jun 24, 2020, 12:43 PM

Everything you all have said about Myrtle is accurate and funny

Jun 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

Why on earth are these kids traveling?
Who thought this was a good idea?
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes

Just hating on Ohio and MYB a little.***

Jun 24, 2020, 11:45 AM

Somebody didn't get the memo

Jun 24, 2020, 3:57 PM

Top 10 social distancing vacation spots as written by a UDP author:
10. Charleston
9. Cape Code
8. Gatlinburg
7. Outer Banks
6. Myrtle Beach
5. ???? No #5 (gotta love Yahoo)
4. Hilton Head
3. Hamptons
2. Gulf Shores
1. Florida Panhandle

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/top-10-social-distancing-vacation-213600064.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en/veranda_896/e5d2fc14b376e26e36b4155175a95132">

Florida panhandle combines the worst parts of FL and AL***

Jun 24, 2020, 4:02 PM

There’s no way in hell you’re gonna convince me you’d take

Jun 24, 2020, 7:31 PM

Birmingham over Mobile or Gainesville over Destin

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic