Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cowherd's closing segment.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cowherd's closing segment.

Jan 2, 2015, 1:09 PM

So in closing his show Cowherd had a phone in recording from chain smoking "Phylis" the Alabama fan who called in years ago defending Saban and bama. It was quite hilarious. And yes Cowherd sounds like he is having a blast with what has befallen the sec. I'm thinking a few more eSECpn announcers will now feel free to return to being unbiased sports analyzers since the sec has nothing to stand on as far as CFB goes. Of course after the NC it will return to the same biased shyte.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's possible that the same people on ESPN

Jan 2, 2015, 1:14 PM

who say good things about teams when they win will say bad things about them when they lose. Mind-blowing!

I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good'

Jan 2, 2015, 1:17 PM

Guess none of these other teams could be improved.

Clemson

Re: I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good'

Jan 2, 2015, 1:29 PM

it isn't always that someone is out to get us, discredit us etc. sometimes teams are just better than yours.

In college football, it has simply been fact that the SEC was the big dog for several years

It wasn't that long ago that mike dubose was at Bama and we never heard about them. We heard about Texas, Oklahoma and USC

Then the SEC went on a historic run

Had va tech And Miami been at their peaks instead of falling into mediocrity, that same talk could have been about the mighty ACC. Unfortunately they laid an egg since joining

Win consistently and you get talked about. Heck they even dropped the Oregon talk after they continued to lose the big one even though they had a historic run. They were called soft etc. now announcers are changing their tune.

The man is not out to get Clemson or any other non sec team, the past few years have simply been dominated by them. Not anymore, the tides are changing and Clemson, Oregon,TCu will all be the new darlings

Winning is what matters

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"OSU has SEC-like players"

Jan 2, 2015, 1:37 PM

That sort of thing goes well beyond what you are talking about. There is a definite bias and agenda when phrases like this creep into games where SEC teams get beaten by OOC opponents, or games that don't involve an SEC team at all.

the fact we still herd "SEC speed" yesterday says it all.***

Jan 2, 2015, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

ESPN has a vested interested in the SEC

Jan 2, 2015, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good' ]

duh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As well as the ACC and the ACC's biggest games don't

Jan 2, 2015, 1:46 PM

go to CBS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relevant?***

Jan 2, 2015, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Insert "ESPN became financially tied to the SEC"

Jan 2, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good' ]

where you said "SEC went on historic run"

when the Ohio caller mentioned ESPN buying the SEC for $3B, they cut him

Jan 2, 2015, 3:27 PM

off on the Finebaum show last night after the Sugar Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: when the Ohio caller mentioned ESPN buying the SEC for $3B, they cut him

Jan 2, 2015, 3:36 PM

Sounds like sour grapes

They don't talk about SC, Arky,or even Mizzou, they talk about Bama, LSU, Florida, and into the miss schools this year

Sure sc got some talk but they did have multiple top 10 finishes so they deserved it. They were written off quickly this year

Oregon was written off after a loss as was ole miss.

TCU, Oregon, and Bama were the best teams this year. Sure Ohio st ends the year better but each team has its flaws. Ohio st lost to terrible va tech, Bama lost to Ohio st and ole miss, TCU lost to Baylor who has no defense

Clemson could be in the next level of teams given losses to fla st ga tech and UGA which are much better than va tech. However with no wins over top 25 teams the wins hurt Clemson more than the losses

Re: when the Ohio caller mentioned ESPN buying the SEC for $3B, they cut him

Jan 2, 2015, 3:47 PM

You forgot terrible Ole Miss team when mentioning Bummers. See how it works.

SEC Hype describes a loss as a good won no mater what!

Then slam other teams, "Baylor who has no defense"

You are a prefect example of this SEC Hype machine.

Oh St ends the year better, no they are better!

Oh and SC deserves it, LMAO

Coot

louisville and oklahoma were ranked by at least one of

Jan 2, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: when the Ohio caller mentioned ESPN buying the SEC for $3B, they cut him ]

the 3 major polls (ap,upi,cfp), at the time we played them. that looks like 2, to me anyway.

Re: I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good'

Jan 2, 2015, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard a lot of 'SEC just wasn't that good' ]

The network's s led by ESPN have had a vested interest in the SEC & have affected the polls which determined who played in what bowl & the NC.. it also had a big affect on recruiting.

Re: Cowherd's closing segment.

Jan 2, 2015, 1:32 PM

Doubt it. We may see a few from espn turn and speak the truth but over all, ESPN is invested in the sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cowherd's closing segment.

Jan 2, 2015, 3:28 PM

ESPN is invested in the SEC...and ACC...and Big XII...and Pac 12...and B1G...

Nothing to stand on? They will continue to be near the top

Jan 2, 2015, 1:36 PM

as far as conferences go every year. They are 2nd behind the PAC 12 this year but should be 1 or 2 again next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't spell Phyllis w/o 2 Ls!!!***

Jan 2, 2015, 1:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's 3 Ls in a row for Saban in the Sugar Bowl.***

Jan 2, 2015, 3:28 PM

Re: You can't spell Phyllis w/o 2 Ls!!!***

Jan 2, 2015, 3:54 PM [ in reply to You can't spell Phyllis w/o 2 Ls!!!*** ]

actually, the can in Alabama...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic