Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie

Oct 2, 2022, 6:54 PM

acted like Fowler had tossed him a live land mine when he asked if Clemson was a playoff team again. Herbie visually blanched, and started stumbling over his words. I think he was shocked that Chris Fowler would commit such a snafu.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie

Oct 2, 2022, 7:01 PM

Herbstreit is just trying to help keep that chip on the Tigers shoulder....screw him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 7:04 PM

With respect, I think you’re searching for a reason to feel aggrieved here to fulfill the prophecy that the world is against Clemson. Fowler and Herbie have been good to Clemson over the years, on balance. Gameday could have gone to Oxford, but chose Clemson instead.

And who else gets what is essentially a 10-15 min promotional recruiting video to showcase the teams entranced? We couldn’t buy that PR, yet ESPN produced it beautiful for little ‘ol Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but...but...but...

Oct 2, 2022, 7:19 PM

conspiracy...insecurity...conspiracy...

We belong! Some in our fan base (a vocal minority, I grant) need to act like it.

Go Tigers! Bring on the Bucknuts, the Pups or the Elephants. We're Clemson!

Oct 2, 2022, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie ]

I agree. Go back on YouTube and watch some if the games from the last 5 or 6 years and listen to how he compliments.

For example, in the A&M game from 18, Kelly Bryant made a big throw in 3rd down, and Herbstreit said, "That's why you're Clemson."

That is EXACTLY why I created the post. Herbie IS normally

Oct 2, 2022, 9:51 PM

very complimentary of us. He knows the history, and knows we are no flash in the pan. So, if he is suddenly hesitant about us, where did that come from?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is EXACTLY why I created the post. Herbie IS normally

Oct 2, 2022, 9:53 PM

Because he doesn't think this year's team is as good as the ones from previous years.

Probably from the fact that we had an underachieving year last year

Oct 2, 2022, 10:10 PM [ in reply to That is EXACTLY why I created the post. Herbie IS normally ]

and made all of the preseason their predictions about us look foolish.

You can’t blame them for waiting to see this year if we are back or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Probably from the fact that we had an underachieving year last year

Oct 3, 2022, 1:57 PM

Does that explain why Herbie suddenly doesn't remember that Clemson fans come on the field after every game? Even though his kids went here? He used it as a sign of how far we've fallen a couple weeks ago. That seems deliberately contrived to push a narrative. And I don't even care about ESPN whining but that was flagrant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Respect your post, but

Oct 2, 2022, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie ]

ESPN went where the analytics told them to go for the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respect your post, but

Oct 2, 2022, 10:08 PM

For the money? How does going to Clemson over Mississippi or some other place make ESPN more money?

Oct 2, 2022, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: You think there's not a "company line" at ESECPN? Herbie ]

Agreed. Also, in the ESPN playoff predictor 12 out of the 14 voters have Clemson in the CFP.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic