Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder how much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Wonder how much

May 21, 2015, 8:28 PM

the Wrigley Company is paying the two FSU brothers for promoting their gum on t.v.???? I thought that kind of thing was against the rules. Oh well, it is the Semiholes!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder how much

May 21, 2015, 9:03 PM

I had hoping that some of you 'fans' would have an opinion of this incident that occurred prior to the unc - fsu game. I am aware that rules have relaxed a lot considering promotions of products by amateurs but I am very sure that you cannot go on t.v. and say "drink Pepsi .. it is the best".

I have questioned Jack's status so with me not being

May 21, 2015, 9:11 PM

" a true fan", I no longer have a valid opinion as do many other my pitched fork toting TNET brethren.

Re: I have questioned Jack's status so with me not being

May 21, 2015, 9:19 PM

Coach L's status as coach has no bearing on the rules of the ncaa. fan

come on man, they were goofing on the "Doublemint Twins"

May 21, 2015, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how much ]

it's an ad campaign that's been around for about 50 years....

The Doublemint Twins

One of the most notable aspects of this brand is the advertising campaign, begun in 1956, which utilized twins as spokespersons for the gum, as a play on the word "double" in the name. The original "Doublemint Twins" were Jayne and Joan Boyd of Hammond, Indiana, who appeared in advertisements for Doublemint until Joan became pregnant in 1963. The company, however, continued sporadically to promote the campaign, which included twins Jennie and Terrie Frankel in the late 1960s; later "Doublemint Twins" included June and Patricia Mackrell through the 1970s (who had also been the Toni Twins for Toni Home Permanent, which used the slogan "Which twin has the Toni?"), Patricia and Cybil (some sources show her name as Priscilla) Barnstable, Denise and Dian Gallup,[2] Cynthia and Brittany Daniel (future co-stars as the Wakefield twins in the TV series based on the Sweet Valley High novels), Tia and Tamera Mowry (future co-star of The Game with both Tia Mowry and Brittany Daniel and future co-stars of Sister, Sister), Heidi and Alissa Kramer, and Jean (née Barbara) and Elizabeth Sagal (daughters of TV director Boris Sagal and sisters of Married...With Children's Katey Sagal). The Sagal twins enjoyed a brief run as the stars of a sitcom, Double Trouble, in 1984. Later twins projected more sex appeal in keeping with trends in American advertising; the Barnstable twins were later asked to pose for Playboy[3] due to their popularity as spokeswomen for the gum. In 1987, Denise and Dian Gallup spoofed their roles as the Doublemint Twins in cameo roles in the Mel Brooks film, Spaceballs.[4]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic