»
Topic: Who’s the best portal QB candidate
Replies: 10   Last Post: Oct 24, 2021, 1:19 PM by: hphallman
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Who’s the best portal QB candidate

Oct 24, 2021, 9:13 AM

In the country?? Now is the time to start that process. DJ is a terrible bust and Taisan either isn’t any better or will probably transfer. Yes , we’ll have Kubrick, but he will be a true freshman. He might be ready , but we might need another serviceable option or two for next season. We really need 3 that can play with COVID and injuries that happen?

flag link

Re: Who’s the best portal QB candidate

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:18 AM

It's a moot point because Dabo isn't going to use it. Meanwhile what are we up to now in the # of players using it to leave!

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:23 AM

agreed, zero chance he uses it on a QB. If he ever bends on this (he's going to have to I believe) he'll dip his toe in the water in other spots

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:28 AM

He’ll be given a pass for this year, but he better #### well fix the QB room and the OC position or his seat will get hot quickly. Yeah , I know all the success of the past, but fans, donors and recruits have a short memory and what he did x years ago will start to matter less and less. We are in a tricky spot right now. We’re trending down and several ACC programs and trending up. He needs to get his act together. It’s his ship ,and it’s off course.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:31 AM

There is no QB in the portal who is any good right now. Even backup good. We will have at least one QB enter the portal and whichever that on is will play against FSU for us next week. There might be one at the end of the season. There will be some after spring practice when kids start to think they won’t be the starter at wherever they are.

Keep in mind, Dabo ain’t touching kids that he thought had Character issues coming out of HS. So don’t get too caught up in “ we could go get Spencer Rattler” as that may be the case.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 9:34 AM

Todd Ellis is available

flag link

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:36 AM

If we don’t get an actual QB coach it doesn’t matter no reason for our QBs to regress at the rate that they are

2021 orange level member flag link

Spencer Rattler from OK - once he enters the portal***

[4]
Oct 24, 2021, 9:40 AM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 12:35 PM

The "best" QB in the portal ain't coming here. The news is already out on our JC-level Offensive staff's inability to "develop" anything other than generational QB talent. And by "develop" I really mean NOT screw them up so much they forget to trust their own abilities.

flag link

Watching Cooper beating FSU made me wish

Oct 24, 2021, 12:37 PM

he never would have left. =(

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

doesn't matter***

Oct 24, 2021, 1:19 PM

flag link

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have 2 tickets to the ACC Championship game tomorrow. They are in Section 515 Row 25 Seats 3 and 4...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1313 people have read this post