Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who went to Coca Cola 600
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1319

Who went to Coca Cola 600

May 27, 2024, 7:38 PM

MyfavOrange®. I saw you went. Is NASCAR making a comeback? I will admit I stopped watching when all the drivers I cheered for retired or passed away.

Can the new drivers pull it back to where it was?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Re: Who went to Coca Cola 600

May 27, 2024, 7:55 PM

If Indy cars would start running more ovals like Daytona, Charlotte, Talladega and Atlanta and a couple more of the 1 1/2 miles, I would start watching. Because of the speed of those cars, they need the longer tracks to use that speed. I could see Hendrick and Gibbs getting teams for that. Right now Penske dominates Indy and does very well in NASCAR. So it can be done. Hendrick is a billionaire, maybe a multi billionaire, so he could afford it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 7:58 PM

I enjoyed Indy race yesterday. Because of Larson I watched it but it was good racing

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

May 27, 2024, 8:04 PM

Those guys are ballsy. I’ve been to the Indy 500 and they used to run in Hampton a few times. I witnessed a horrific fireball wreck in Hampton. Couldn’t believe the driver walked away from it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Who went to Coca Cola 600 ]

They used to run Charlotte in the mid to late 90s. There was an accident that killed/injured some fans at one of the Charlotte races.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Who went to Coca Cola 600 ]

I have been a NASCAR fan for over 40 years. Before I retired and moved back home, I lived just south of Chicago and had season tickets to Chicagoland Speedy from year 1. Some of the best races I ever saw there were the INDY cars on that 1-1/2 mile track.

The first year at the new track, it was all the NASCAR cars could do to go 2 wide in turns 1 and 2 without someone spinning out but a few weeks later the INDY cars were there passing on the outside in those same turns at over 220 mph. Amazing and exciting racing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 8:45 PM

I was there and the racing wasn’t good. The atmosphere was great but until they put a little weight on the cars or adjust the rear spoiler so every little touch doesn’t wreck someone it’s not going to be good.

Rubbing is racing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We enjoy going. A lot of fans were extremely disappointed they called the race

May 27, 2024, 8:51 PM

last night. They never put the jet dryers on the track go help with drying. Seemed they had no intentions to restart the race. Several broadcasted their opinion once the race was called.

NASCAR needs a strong rivalry or two to build more interest. Go back and race at old tracks, like Rockingham for instance. Cautions take entirely to long. No one understood why it took ten caution laps between Stage 1 and Stage 2. Maybe they shouldn't count those laps. Ticket prices are extremely high.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 9:53 PM

This probably won’t be popular but I have never seen what’s so great about the Coke 600. Because it’s long? IMO the oval there is a boring racetrack. Maybe that’s why they’ve put in the road course. That’s a much more interesting race.

May 27, 2024, 10:06 PM

Went to Darlington last year, the only NASCAR event I’ve ever seen in person. I thought it would be a great race to see since it is the Lady in Black.
It was the most boring sports event I have ever attended. Very little real racing and mostly guys just riding around the track fast on a Sunday afternoon.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1319
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic