Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Want You In The SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 51

We Want You In The SEC

Jul 3, 2022, 10:08 PM

Everyone over here in Tennessee is hoping you can fall in with us. It's a natural fit. You are an SEC team that is not in the SEC. Find a way to come....... all the fans here are pulling for an SEC membership for you.

TennesseeVol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbia, SC is about to implode from earthquakes

Jul 3, 2022, 10:26 PM

so, the SEC will need a South Carolina school soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe those were explosions from inadvertent ignition of combustible fumes

Jul 3, 2022, 10:33 PM

emanating from the vast concentrations of chicken excrement.

It’s one of the greatest dangers facing our state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Armageddon! Armageddon!

Jul 4, 2022, 7:03 AM

A Radio Classic if there ever were one. Originally on "The John Boy and Billy Show", years ago.

https://youtu.be/cTrOb8zyrZk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played sir!

Jul 3, 2022, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Columbia, SC is about to implode from earthquakes ]

Go Tigers!!!

I want to join the SEC!

Jul 3, 2022, 11:23 PM

And I would come up to Neyland stadium quite a bit! I love visiting Tennessee! Such a beautiful state!

Go Tigers!

Re: I want to join the SEC!

Jul 4, 2022, 12:12 PM

It's always puzzled me why CU and UT haven't played more...at all, really. 19 times total in 120+ years.

Re: I want to join the SEC!

Jul 4, 2022, 1:10 PM

I can see not playing much in football with it's limited schedule but not playing in basketball or mid week baseball (like we do with Georgia) makes no sense.

Knoxville is a good time ...

Jul 4, 2022, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I want to join the SEC! ]

Good post

Re: We Want You In The SEC

Jul 3, 2022, 11:27 PM

Thank you and hope it happens !

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was just in Knoxville last week helping with an airway workshop

Jul 3, 2022, 11:34 PM

for some anesthesia residents in the Sim Center at the hospital. Downtown seemed really nice. I’ve been to a few UT games (dated a girl from Knoxville at Clemson) but I’ve never been downtown. It seemed like home (Clemson). It just seems like Clemson belongs in the SEC. A town that just lives and breathes school spirit. I know I’d much rather go to a football game at an SEC stadium vs almost any other ACC stadium. I always love it when we host SEC teams at Clemson. It’s a much different atmosphere than when BC or Cuse, Nancy state, etc come into town ?? (yawn).

Re: Was just in Knoxville last week helping with an airway workshop

Jul 4, 2022, 1:19 PM

Agreed I lived in West Knoxville 15-20 years ago and downtown seemed dead and I didn't think it held a candle to Downtown Greenville SC but it has done a 360. It's much better now.

Jul 3, 2022, 11:38 PM

My instincts tell me the same but we will see what the folks come up with that are smarter than me!

One thing that might help is that there's a lot of talk

Jul 3, 2022, 11:57 PM

now of conferences being too spread out and that's not good for the athletes. Non-football athletes having to go from L.A. to Rutgers for an olympic sport. Maybe the SEC can have something special by having all of the teams in the footprint and very close rivalries in each state. But I do understand that they would like to get the states of North Carolina and Virginia in the fold, so you never know. They may also want to get West Virginia instead so they can get into the BigTen space. I think all bets are off right now and the GOR will not be easy for any team to deal with.

TennesseeVol would Tenn vote Clemson in?

Jul 4, 2022, 1:48 AM

I heard a lot of noise that South Carolina and Georgia will vote no on Clemson. And possibly a few more. I don't know why Tennessee would vote no but sounds like your All In. And I'd love to play up in Knoxville every other year. Beautiful stadium and city. But I'm afraid too many people will keep us out.

Re: TennesseeVol would Tenn vote Clemson in?

Jul 4, 2022, 2:15 AM

You would get in with no problem. When the SEC office tells its members " This is the way it is" then everyone falls in line together. Bet you would have bet the farm Missouri, Arkansas and A&M would have voted no to keep the hated Longhorns out of the SEC, wouldn't you? They came in with a 100% yes vote. It will be the same for you.

Jul 4, 2022, 5:52 AM

This. That's exactly what I have been saying. Sankey would tell the chickens and any other naysayers to get in line so fast and do what is best for the conference and that is keep the B1G out of the heart of the SEC footprint.

Jul 4, 2022, 7:15 AM

Same here!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 4, 2022, 9:06 AM [ in reply to TennesseeVol would Tenn vote Clemson in? ]

Heres the negotiation tactic being employed to bar Clemson's path to an SEC invitation.
The three culprits UGA, U of Fla and of course South Carolina are agressively pushing a quid pro quo for a negative vote- telling Kentucky they would never support U of Louisville or West Virginia admission if KY votes no on Clemson, they similarly pledge to Arkansas the same for any move to add Big 12 members Texas Tech, Baylor, next they tell Missouri a similar story should Kansas State start looking to SEC if Big 12 crumbles. If any two of those institutions bite the 75% needed for acceptance cannot be reached at this time.
br>It is dirty deal making for sure, but will it work?

Jul 4, 2022, 7:04 AM

Dump sc and give us a call.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 7:40 AM

Headline should be, "We want to ride your coat tails since we know we can't beat Georgia or bama anymore". Hate to break it to you, Clemson can't beat Georgia either...outside of their once in a blue moon baseball win. Congrats on the sweep this year, it's been awhile.

Jul 4, 2022, 8:34 AM

Swept GA and SC in baseball this year. Maybe that’s what y’all are so scared of??

Jul 4, 2022, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: We Want You In The SEC ]

Get out of here you flea infested crotch licking mutt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st title in 41 years and all of a sudden...

Jul 4, 2022, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: We Want You In The SEC ]

The puppy fans are feeling themselves......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you always talk out both sides of your mouth?

Jul 4, 2022, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: We Want You In The SEC ]

First it's "Y'all to scared to play in the SEC". And when that's proven wrong it's "Y'all just wanna ride coattails". At least be consistent! Personally I don't care, but I would love to join up if for no other reason to stop the Coots and the pups fans from whining about who we play. How bout worry who you play.

Jul 4, 2022, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: We Want You In The SEC ]

Headline should be, "We want to ride your coat tails since we know we can't beat Georgia or bama anymore". Hate to break it to you, Clemson can't beat Georgia either...outside of their once in a blue moon baseball win. Congrats on the sweep this year, it's been awhile.

Jul 4, 2022, 8:57 AM

...to keep Clemson out of the BIG.

Jul 4, 2022, 10:41 AM

Anybody know if the SEC is considering clearing out some of their dead wood? Vanderbilt...Mississippi State...South Carolina...

Jul 4, 2022, 12:04 PM

As a 50 plus Tiger fan I hate to see the ACC go away . The SEC would be the best fit for Clemson in my opinion. I’m a traditionalist and hate to see change but it’s obvious to me the SEC is the best fit.

Finebaum wouldn’t know what to do!***

Jul 4, 2022, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic