Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WATCH: DeAndre Hopkins' advice to a recruits summit
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2214

WATCH: DeAndre Hopkins' advice to a recruits summit

May 29, 2024, 8:35 PM

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1795976229859783156

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WATCH: DeAndre Hopkins' advice to a recruits summit

May 30, 2024, 9:35 AM

DeAndre has grown up so much. Glad to know he’s sharing some lessons learned with the younger players. Go Tigers!

Re: WATCH: DeAndre Hopkins' advice to a recruits summit

May 30, 2024, 10:12 AM

Sound fatherly advise that unfortunately most are missing due to the prevalence of missing fathers in AA households.

My respect for Nuk continues to grow.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell me you are an AA father and not a white guy

May 30, 2024, 11:11 AM

Making statements about AA fatherhood. Cause I could say the bigger problem for black households is the prevalence of white fathers miseducating the next generation about how to properly respect and respond to a video like this and black males in general. I hope I’m wrong but your reply to me will probably prove my point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please tell me you are an AA father and not a white guy

May 30, 2024, 11:15 AM

I have never noticed that. My father never taught me anything like that, so I wouldn't know.

No one has to teach someone to be a sinner

May 30, 2024, 12:08 PM

We are born with the ability to be shortsighted, selfish and stupid. When it comes to countering something as insidious as racism we have to be taught how to proactively listen, respond, own, repent, counter, change and love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one has to teach someone to be a sinner

May 30, 2024, 2:11 PM

It’s a fact that AA household are predominantly single mother households. Go check the statistics.slightly over 50% of black kids live in a single parent household. Compared to 21.8% for white kids. Actually, that percentage was way higher 10-20 years ago. So progress has been made. To suggest that a person can’t speak on a topic such as black single parent homes because they aren’t black is laughable.

May 30, 2024, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Please tell me you are an AA father and not a white guy ]

Yeah because only members of certain races are able to make a self evident comment like kids growing up without a father in the home are at a tremendous disadvantage. Keep on pretending like how they respond to a video (whatever that means) has any impact whatsoever on anyone moron.

Its just a poor application for Nuks statement..

May 30, 2024, 11:58 AM

I can go back generations and on my dad’s side cannot find one single mother situation. Yet, here I am, raised in a college educated father and mother intact household and my money management skills could use a lot of help. With 60% of black educated wealth going to repaying student loans- there are deeper issue than not having a father in the home. Now with NIL stuff- new self perception issues for young people- around wealth management- regardless of race and regardless of family of origin.

Re: Its just a poor application for Nuks statement..

May 30, 2024, 12:22 PM

The LOVE of money is the root of evil.

Very humble and wise words.

As far as the fatherless debate, divorce and separation is going up across the board though it is more prevalent in certain situations.

We don’t have a skin problem, we have a SIN problem!

May 30, 2024, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Its just a poor application for Nuks statement.. ]

The LOVE of money is the root of evil.

Very humble and wise words.

As far as the fatherless debate, divorce and separation is going up across the board though it is more prevalent in certain situations.

We don’t have a skin problem, we have a SIN problem!

May 30, 2024, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Its just a poor application for Nuks statement.. ]

One could go on for hours but there seems to be a lot of victimization and blame here, nothing constructive, nothing about overcoming.

May 30, 2024, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Please tell me you are an AA father and not a white guy ]

I am a " white guy ".

You can say anything you like as well as can I.

To my knowledge ALL people have first amendment rights

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my all-time favorite Tigers!!***

May 30, 2024, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2214
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic