Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True or false? San Francisco has turned into a shidhole
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

True or false? San Francisco has turned into a shidhole

Apr 11, 2023, 7:44 PM

due to wacko liberal governance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: True or false? San Francisco has turned into a shidhole

Apr 11, 2023, 8:11 PM

Loved it the first time I visited. Last time I went it had changed so much that I won’t be going back. Got to keep your head on a swivel when walking through the city to avoid the crazies. It’s a shame because the city is beautiful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True.***

Apr 11, 2023, 8:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 11, 2023, 8:17 PM

Haven’t been out there since 2008. Almost took a job in the olden days of 2001 out in San Mateo. I’m sure there are shidholes in the city like downtown it seems and some f###### nice places too.

I’m assuming the surrounding areas like Sausalito and Tiburon are not shidholes but that is me doing no research and wistfully looking back and wishing I’d taken the job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here is downtown.

Apr 11, 2023, 8:49 PM

anyone who finds human feces on the street in Downtown gets a Smile face award from me.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7872731,-122.4041677,3a,60y,213.1h,86.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snFSRs5IqO4tKzEBZ23KqfQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here is downtown.

Apr 11, 2023, 8:58 PM

https://www.vox.com/2015/10/7/9471757/san-francisco-poop-map

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/article/It-s-no-laughing-matter-SF-forming-Poop-13153517.php

You lie as usual. I saw someone squatting every day. The cabbie's would yell at them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news in 2021 tho

Apr 11, 2023, 9:01 PM

https://www.sfgate.com/bay-area-politics/article/San-Francisco-poop-problem-stats-streets-feces-new-16311073.php

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2023, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: here is downtown. ]

I see about 100 blinking blue dots. You told us last year that you just got back from san fran and could not go more than 20 feet without seeing it on the sidewalks, your words. Please show us on google earth where you were so we can all investigate your claim. If you don't then we all know you are the one full of poop. If you find some, I will give you a smile award.

Dude, this is a 2015 story.

Apr 11, 2023, 9:24 PM

I was there about 2014. I can find a millions stories of the poop problem but I'm sure they're all some conspiracy against you.

Re: Dude, this is a 2015 story.

Apr 11, 2023, 9:25 PM

You posted this in the last couple of years, that I know for sure. You said you had just gotten back. Either way, I want to see the neighborhood you were in where you could not go 20 feet without seeing human feces, certainly you can point it out on google earth?

Dude, I never said I had just.been back

Apr 11, 2023, 9:27 PM

Again a lie

Oh here's another story

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2019/04/15/mapping-san-franciscos-human-waste-challenge-132562-case-reports-since-2008/?sh=4291df8c5ea5

All a conspiracy against you. All lies

Re: Dude, I never said I had just.been back

Apr 11, 2023, 9:33 PM

You absolutely said this. it was when the san fran pewp stories started circulating around conservative outlets.

And you still can not point out on a map where you were.

Presumably he was where all the poop is on the map.

Apr 11, 2023, 9:37 PM

Coincidence?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a horrible memory. That was years ago

Apr 11, 2023, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude, I never said I had just.been back ]

You called me a liar back then. As we all know, San Fran was locked down for like 3 yrs so travel there woulda been fruitless. So it was definitely pre covid. Pre 2019. So again you lie.

Cause, as I just proved, pooping is a HUGE problem in SF. Or maybe all these news articles are lying. I even remember seeing NBC or abc doing tv stories on how their trying to solve this problem. But again, it's all a conspiracy to fool the world.

Re: You have a horrible memory. That was years ago

Apr 11, 2023, 9:45 PM

How could I have called you a liar if you never said this?

WHY DO YOU EFFING CARE? YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE

Apr 11, 2023, 9:46 PM [ in reply to You have a horrible memory. That was years ago ]

IN A LONG TIME!

Bwahahahahahaha!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think there's a couple here, just scrolling down the

Apr 12, 2023, 12:33 PM [ in reply to here is downtown. ]

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7860912,-122.4122105,3a,75y,156.74h,55.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5ForFg6u9a_IDmYenRzmGg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

streets on a virtual tour in Google Earf.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I mean, just scroll around....

Apr 12, 2023, 12:38 PM

You telling me there isn't doo doo anywhere on this street intersection?

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7837103,-122.4142803,3a,57.5y,256.35h,83.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdOuqxCfF_NqiqP_yuHx63g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Re: I mean, just scroll around....

Apr 12, 2023, 12:39 PM

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7848584,-122.4128213,3a,34.3y,67.32h,85.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAq30ht9KKRGeJASoHeoM5Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Here are some public servants that are being paid tax payer

Apr 12, 2023, 12:41 PM

money to clean up the sidewalks.

I wonder if they've ever hosed off a turd log before?

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.785084,-122.4112753,3a,75y,319.35h,77.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTtL1Bu7-MAaYe9_emp7LOA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Apr 12, 2023, 2:24 PM [ in reply to here is downtown. ]

Circa 1979? LOL

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2023, 8:29 PM

I've spent a lot of time in SF over the years. 1 of My kids and his family lives there for about 5-6 yrs now. I visit often. And I lived there myself for several years, years ago

I'll say there are good and bad, like any big city. I'll say the homeless problem is pretty bad there, however I've been to other Pub run cities and saw bad homeless issues too. Honestly I'm not sure what the answer is for the homeless problem. Mental health facilities? how do you make them go? Housing? How do you make them stay in said housing(s)

In SF there are areas that are scummy, and there are areas that are beautiful. And I dare say you can say that about any Big city...A few years ago it was Portland, or was it Chicago?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Apr 11, 2023, 8:46 PM

Tell us … which major Pub cities have you visited that are isht holes?

Chesnee doesn’t count.

What ARE the major Republican cities?

Apr 11, 2023, 8:58 PM

I don’t know of any.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: What ARE the major Republican cities?

Apr 11, 2023, 9:06 PM

Me neither … all of the big cities that come to my mind in the USA are governed by Democrats.

Apr 11, 2023, 9:16 PM

Apr 11, 2023, 11:19 PM

Ah yes, so it is!

Wonder how Miami is doing with the ‘unsheltered individuals’ problem?

Miami Times - March 3, 2021. … excerpt from article The Politics of Homelessness in Miami

“Thanks to the Homeless Trust and its partners, insisted Book, Miami-Dade County’s unsheltered homeless population has shrunk from 8,000 in 1992 to 3,245 in January 2021. Of those 3,245 individuals, the Homeless Trust stated that only 892 remain unsheltered. The remaining 2,353 are in emergency shelters, safe haven spaces or transitional housing.”

Miami gets criticized by liberals for taking active measures to get homeless people off the streets and to support organizations that provide shelter. The liberals argue that people should be allowed to sleep in public infrastructure such as streets and under bridges. Let’s move them to Martha’s Vineyard, let MV provide tents and portapotties alongside their public roads.

Please understand

Apr 12, 2023, 4:38 PM

Miami (like every other major city in America) is using tens or hundreds of millions of dollars of stimulus money to house and provide services to these homeless people.

We need to check again in 2025 (if there is an actual R run major city then) to see if numbers are holding, improving, or getting much worse with homeless to have an actual picture

Now that I think about it, we may have to wait until 2030. Stimulus money just keeps coming and it lasts a long time

There's a reason for that. And it's a reason as old as

Apr 12, 2023, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: What ARE the major Republican cities? ]

politics. Republicans love freedom, and that's fine and you can govern a rural population that way. A city is different. Living in close proximity to millions of other people requires collective sacrifices rural people need not make, and rules rural people don't need. You can't burn your garbage in NYC. You can't put up a target and sight in your rifle in NYC, unless you go to an indoor range, again with rules grandpa never needed sighting in his rifle on the farm. Your toilet doesn't flush into a septic tank. Your water is provided to you in a city due to a collective water system, not your own person a well. Land is scarce. You can't grow crops in NYC. You can't hunt or fish there. You have electricity, again a collective effort there as well, with rules and expenses.

The benefit is you have greater economic opportunities. The downside is you have less freedom.

Is what it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure that almost all republicans who live in

Apr 12, 2023, 1:22 PM

cities (and there are a lot of them) understand and support all of the collective sacrifices you mentioned. However I agree, that in general, democrats are willing to give up more freedoms than republicans.

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 11, 2023, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: True or false? San Francisco has turned into a shidhole ]

That would depend on what you call “major city”

There are pub run cities that have homeless problems. I was recently in Jacksonville Fl, and was surprised at the level of homeless, and I was really surprised to learn the mayor there is a pub GASP!

There are other pub cities including Anchorage Ak, Tulsa Ok, Spokane Wa, Fresno Ca., Battle Creek MI….of course these are not multi million person population like SF, but big cities nonetheless and run by pubs

No, but parts of it are. I've been there several

Apr 11, 2023, 8:34 PM

times in the last few months and as long as you stay away from the Tenderloin, you'll be okay. But that's always been the case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, but parts of it are. I've been there several

Apr 11, 2023, 9:20 PM

Hadn’t been there since 2016. Homeless (or should I call it ‘dwelling challenged persons’) wasn’t a problem in the Fisherman’s Wharf or some of the major ‘walk around’ streets back then.

I’ve heard from others that Union Square has gotten iffy, but you can have a good time there if you don’t feel it necessary to go to all of the ‘big name’ spots. Fisherman’s Wharf and Chinatown are still really good places according to a few of my travel-centric friends.

Although not truly SF, I still love Muir Woods as a special place that’s not too far from a big city. Bundle up and go there before June or after September if you want to avoid being trampled by (the other) tourists.

well, it is far from a shidhole

Apr 11, 2023, 8:41 PM

so we can just stop the silliness, you've obviously never been there.

but hey, you can see for yourself, maybe take a stroll and find us some feces.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7711297,-122.4404527,3a,75y,16.81h,82.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sk5VENWYMtOyTwi4SOt9MAA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Re: well, it is far from a shidhole

Apr 11, 2023, 8:54 PM

Aaaaand there it is....

Golden Gate Park Dog Training Area
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TKy5CtPtc6KmHFao8

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Apr 11, 2023, 9:10 PM

that gets you a point, human feces gets u a smile award.

Re: lol

Apr 12, 2023, 5:19 AM

That hardly seems fair since it made you laugh....don't be such a cheapskate.

You don't want to get a bad reputation for making 'sketchy' statements, do you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just

Apr 11, 2023, 9:25 PM [ in reply to well, it is far from a shidhole ]

basing it off of what I'm seeing on the news. And not FOX news, but pretty much all of the mainstream and even liberal media is now spinning that same narrative of SF as a crime-ridden dumpster fire. Here are a few examples of non-FOX sources running with that narrative:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/san-francisco-shoplifters-theft-walgreens-decriminalized-11634678239

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/11/business/san-francisco-whole-foods-closure/index.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/san-francisco-crime-crisis-in-spotlight-after-whole-foods-closure/ar-AA19IKjE

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/cost-of-crime-mass-exodus-of-businesses-from-big-cities/vi-AA19wxS9

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco-community-recent-crime/3200224/

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/cnn-crew-robbed-while-covering-street-crime-in-san-francisco/

- H. L. Mencken

Then why do you Fing care? You don’t go there, you don’t

Apr 11, 2023, 9:30 PM

there. Why you care?

The Uber religious baptist school on my town has caught teachers diddling students 3 yrs in a row. Doesn’t affect me, my kid don’t go there. Won’t send him there.

Make a Fing point that is not Dems are the debil.

Why do you care if I care?***

Apr 11, 2023, 9:34 PM

- H. L. Mencken

You and your buddies get worked up over the

Apr 11, 2023, 9:55 PM

stupidest shid and post here. Trannies, gays, poop! The worlds going on the shidder!

DOES NOT AFFECT YOU ONE BIT! Why don’t you complain about your backswing, I’m sure it sucks as much as complain here. We can help fix that. Me, you, and any of the people here can’t control any of the things you drone on about here. Read some Marcus Aurelius or Seneca, fix your head dude. Just commenting on it is one thing, but EV ER EE day this is what y’all do. Quit watching fox and fix your head.

You're the one that's all worked up. Plus, you're a liar.

Apr 11, 2023, 9:59 PM

You don't see me getting worked up about trannies, gays and poop.

Try to relax, chill, and quit lying.

- H. L. Mencken

Then what in the world are complaining about

Apr 11, 2023, 10:02 PM

Gramps?

Again

Apr 11, 2023, 10:03 PM

You’re the one that started the complaint thread

Apr 11, 2023, 10:12 PM

about something that affects you zero. You’re the one that worked up enough to post about it.

I’m gonna give you an example:
Smiling ‘s kitchen sucks…he needs to clean up that mess. I bet he’s got roaches. That place is a mess!

Guess what, I’ve never been in your kitchen…so why would I complain?

Re: You’re the one that started the complaint thread

Apr 11, 2023, 10:18 PM

Mind your own business, coward.***

Apr 11, 2023, 11:09 PM

You're totally missing the point, and how it's about

Apr 11, 2023, 10:20 PM [ in reply to You’re the one that started the complaint thread ]

something that affects us all.

- H. L. Mencken

Ain’t missing nothing.***

Apr 11, 2023, 11:11 PM

He's the punk always looking for a fight... Nothing more.***

Apr 11, 2023, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Why do you care if I care?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I know. He's actually complaining here about people

Apr 11, 2023, 10:17 PM

complaining.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just

Apr 11, 2023, 9:44 PM [ in reply to It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just ]

States with most homicides per capita

1 District of Columbia 49.2 per 100k
2 Louisiana 22.9 per 100k
3 Missouri 18 per 100k
4 South Carolina 17.4 per 100k

Cities with the highest homicide rates per capita,

17. Columbia, South Carolina
14. North Charleston, South Carolina

San Fran did not make the list https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous

Okay, cool, so the media is spinning a false narrative.***

Apr 11, 2023, 9:48 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Conservative Media has been feeding you a load,

Apr 11, 2023, 10:00 PM

pun intended. First google the stats for violent crime, murders, and theft, and you will find san fran is not on these lists. It is in cities like St Louis, Memphis, Columbia, Indianapolis, Nashville, and a host of other conservative, southern and midwestern states, as well northern cities like Baltimore, Detroit, and Philadelphia.

I could tell you why, but I am tired of arguing, especially when you have the entire world at your fingertips and are fully capable of looking this stuff up yourself.

You're totally full of ####.

Apr 11, 2023, 10:06 PM

I have made no such claims regarding crime anywhere. I simply asked a question, which reflects the current NON-CONSERVATIVE MEDIA NARRATIVE, as I clearly demonstrated. But you're too much of a hyper-partisan, pompous ### to comprehend that.

- H. L. Mencken

Which one of the articles calls SF a shidhole, as you did?***

Apr 11, 2023, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Okay, cool, so the media is spinning a false narrative.*** ]

Come on, dude, you know better than that.

Apr 11, 2023, 10:15 PM

You know good and well no article called SF a Shidhole, and that it is simply the word I chose to describe what I am hearing from mainstream and liberal media, which would never use that laguage, but that doesn't mean it's not accurate; in fact it's totally accurate for crime infested places that are losing businesses and where there is growing concern from the locals.

- H. L. Mencken

Where I live, Charlotte, has those same stories...

Apr 11, 2023, 10:43 PM

yet, I would not call it a shidhole city, nor would that be my takeaway. But, I think the rise in property crime in SF is worrying, and it's something I hope they figure out. But, I also know SF's cost/quality of living is incredibly high versus the national average and that tends to not be the case in "shidhole" cities (this probably also lends to a major reason for the property crime, too).

But we do agree on the fact that you chose the word "shidhole" to describe what you think of the place based on the information you've gathered. That certainly is your conclusion.

Daughter of lives in Charlotte, and I haven't heard any

Apr 12, 2023, 7:59 AM

stories resembling what we're currently hearing out of SF. No people pooping on the sidewalks, no open air drug markets, no businesses leaving due to rampant theft or fear for employees safety, no similar outcry from citizens and politicians. That's not to say that Charlotte doesn't have problems, as I'm sure many big cities face similar problems, it just doesn't seem to be as bad as it is in San Francisco, or at least it's not getting nearly the same coverage from mainstream media.

From Time Magazine yesterday:

San Francisco saw 92 drug deaths in 2015, compared to over 700 in 2020, many of which were fentanyl-related. And figures released by the San Francisco Police Department show that the city saw a 23% increase in property crimes between 2020 and 2022, with spikes in burglary and theft.

In a March 27 letter, Mayor Breed asked for help to curb San Francisco’s open air drug markets. Breed said that the city faces “multiple serious public safety challenges locally.” She added that the city’s biggest concern was drug dealing, describing dealers as becoming increasingly aggressive with police, city workers and residents, and violence around “brazen open-air drug dealing scenes.”

Matt Dorsey, a member of San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors, tweeted, “San Franciscans — or at least the ones I represent in District 6 — are demanding solutions, and they have a right to expect that from those of us in City Hall. I hope my colleagues will support this effort. We owe our residents nothing less.”

Again, this is not coming from FOX or Breitbart or Newsmax. In fairness, it's important to note, that the article from Time says that homelessness in SF overall is actually down, it's just worse in certain areas, and they also talk about how SF was hit particularly hard by the effects of the pandemic and remote workers never returning to their offices, which contributes to the problems. Yet, the problems appear to be real, and particularly bad for SF.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just

Apr 11, 2023, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just ]

When half of SC are coots - what do you expect?

Apr 12, 2023, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just ]

Now that most of the Murdaugh family is either in jail or dead - expect those SC numbers to go down...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO, y'all always gotta go to thie state level

Apr 12, 2023, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not silliness, dipshid. No, I've never been, I'm just ]

Show me where in La.that the crime is so bad? Lol we all know the answer and it's Dem run.

Are the two other Whole Foods that this one sits between

Apr 11, 2023, 9:43 PM

closing as well?

And for anyone unfamiliar with big cities, they all have good and bad parts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2023, 9:43 PM

I'll be there in a week and will let you know.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Apr 12, 2023, 11:04 PM

Looking forward to your take on the city. Chinatown seemed so much safer and cleaner than surrounding areas. Yosemite is the most scenic place I’ve ever seen in my life. Hope y’all have a chance to make it out there.

Apr 11, 2023, 10:18 PM

False.

Dumb crackers seem to have serious misconceptions about US cities. But that is fine, because we really don't need them visiting, as we are completely fine without them.

Thanks for actually answering the question.***

Apr 11, 2023, 10:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thanks for actually answering the question.***

Apr 12, 2023, 7:46 AM

Well, if you don't think every place has bad neighborhoods, good lawd. I read about this earlier today, and it is a shame for the locals that want to have access to healthy food in the neighborhood. But they aren't selling enough food there and, because supermarkets in California can sell booze, they were having shoplifting problems. I guess folks can go to one of the other eight Whole Foods in San Francisco. (Which is more than there are in South Carolina, if that is our new measure of quality of life.)

But who with a functioning brain thinks that one store closing represents all of San Francisco? There's a reason that SF has some of the highest housing costs in the US. People want to live there.

I could post this and ask if South Carolina is a shidhole, right?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-kills-4-people-3-kids-south-carolina-rcna76259

Again, thanks for answering, engaging in discussion,

Apr 12, 2023, 8:22 AM

and giving a thoughtful response.

Yes, we definitely have our own problems right here in SC. We always have. Rightly or wrongly, the situation in SC isn't uniquely recent and isn't making headlines right now like SF is, which is what prompted my post.

SF has traditionally been a desireable place to live, for many reasons; yet that appears to be changing.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-07-29/california-exodus-continues-l-a-san-francisco-lead-the-way

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Again, thanks for answering, engaging in discussion,

Apr 12, 2023, 11:55 AM

Oh noooo! Not the mass exodus again. I’ve pointed this out many times before, but here is a population attached. By now there would be like 5 people left in CA lol

There has been a lot of people move out of SF, there have also been a lot of people move in. Frankly people moving out ain’t such a bad thing as SF was not built to have as many people as it did with the dot com and tech booms. The city has become unaffordable for many and much of the local artist, modest income just can’t afford it and in some cases forced out through evictions and such.

I know lots of others that moved during the pandemic, that never wanted to live in SF, but lived there coz this is where Google or whatever the tech company is… now they can work remote, so bye.

Exodus paints a whole mother narrative, esp spun with politics where everything is due to the darn Dems

Again, your problem isn't with me. It's what the mainstream,

Apr 12, 2023, 12:41 PM

liberal media is reporting. You get that, right? I'm not pulling this from FOX and Brietbart, and I'm not cherry picking obscure stories. These are current, mainstream, headline stories.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Again, your problem isn't with me. It's what the mainstream,

Apr 12, 2023, 1:21 PM

Here’s a thought, and yeah I know it’s a little wackie in todays age to not make EVERYTHING about pub or den (including various media outlets)

Perhaps it’s less about the “liberal media reporting…”than just the media reporting headlines to grab your attention and get clicks

No doubt, I don't disagree. I think 90% of what is packaged

Apr 12, 2023, 1:36 PM

as "news" is mostly infotainment, designed to appeal to a target audience. My whole point in phrasing it the way I did was that the narrative of San Francisco, a liberal democrat led city for decades in a liberal democrat led state, as a city that has a crime problem that is driving away businesses and increasingly concerning citizens, is not right-wing propaganda. My original question, which assumed that mainstream narrative was correct, was if people believed it was caused by liberal democrat policies and governance.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt, I don't disagree. I think 90% of what is packaged

Apr 12, 2023, 2:03 PM

The short answer to your question is No. However to those that believe the various articles that paint a inaccurate pic, they would say Yes. For those that think that Dems ruin everything and dems gov = BAD, would also say yes.
The facts. If you google US cities with highest crime rate SF isn't even on it
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/25-most-dangerous-cities-us-143951308.html

There are lots of things I loved about SF when I lived there, and lots my kid and his family love now, there's lots I would change as well, just like any city. I will say I think the late former Mayor Ed Lee's decision to give tax cuts to Big Tech to move head quarters into the city was a bad idea. The cost of living was driven up substantially and SF was changed forever.

SO in that case do I blame the SF local gov for bad policy? Indeed I do for that particular idea

I was there in 2018

Apr 12, 2023, 9:57 AM

It was fine.

But you're the kind of r3tard that drools and rubs

Apr 12, 2023, 12:53 PM

sh!t in his hair and all that, so I wouldn't expect you to have any problem with it.

Apr 12, 2023, 2:26 PM

Portland is a close second to SF, maybe even a bigger chit hole!! Both are to be avoided!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2023, 2:30 PM

Portland is a close second to SF, maybe even a bigger chit hole!! Both are to be avoided!

Lefties tolerate this stuff because, naturally, they desperately need the votes of drug addicts!!

FJB

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic