Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,700

TNET: Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete

May 18, 2021, 8:00 AM

Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete

One of the fastest-rising prospects in the country hails from Kansas, and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is once again looking towards his home state looking for a dynamic playmaker.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete

May 18, 2021, 8:31 AM

"White Lightning" fast!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely white lightning

May 18, 2021, 8:51 AM

Can you imagine how Green Jeans can use that speed at safety, DB or LB. Kid can hit too, hope he becomes a forever Tiger, we need this kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 18, 2021, 8:57 AM

Not to be argumentative, but I'll bet the amount in my wallet that he doesn't run a 10.3. Unless there's a verified track time, I'm not believing that reported time because at the high school level he would be smoking those Kansas boys a lot more than he does in those videos. Great athlete, yes, but at 6-2, 210 and running a 10.3 or 4.4 as reported, he should be a 4 or 5 star.

A Texas kid that the Tigers are recruiting named Brenen Thompson from Spearman, Texas ran a 10.4 something at the latest Track state championship and he runs circles around DBs and others on the football field.

He's definitely a fast kid and a great athlete. But, a 10.3 is smoking fast for a football player.

May 18, 2021, 10:26 AM

I'll take that wager, because what you are saying is there is no way he improved his time with hard work, dedication, and technique, since his previous track meets.

The Texas guy may be quick but may not have the top end. Then there is the whole exposure (going to non school camps, which I'm not sure they are happening on the level they typically do) to get those said stars, as well as Kansas competition vs other more noted states.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2021, 10:28 AM

Duh, I might be a moron. I guess I'm really tired this morning and I missed the video where he ran a 10.37. Can one delete stupid comments on this site?
10.37 is outstanding for a 6-2, 210 football player.

May 18, 2021, 12:21 PM

Duh, I might be a moron. I guess I'm really tired this morning and I missed the video where he ran a 10.37. Can one delete stupid comments on this site?
10.37 is outstanding for a 6-2, 210 football player.

Become a donor..
And you can delete any of your posts...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2021, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete ]

Track sites have Kanak with a 10.7 best in the 100 and 22.07 200 meters which is still great for a 210 pound football player.
Thompson is 160 pounds and has a listed best of 10.4 and 21.27 and the Tigers have a shot at both of them.

May 18, 2021, 11:17 AM

Longer stride helps the 100. Not saying this translates to the football field, where agility factors in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2021, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brent Venables looking back into Kansas for speedy athlete ]

Feaster holds the State 200m record at 21.17 and ran a 10.42 in the 100m. But that speed never seemed to translate on the field.

Spiller ran a 10.22 in 100m and a 20.91 in the 200m. His speed definitely translated. Jacoby Ford was faster in track. So that said, if the dude says his 100m was laser timed 10.37, I believe it, he looks fast.

Could be a good Safety or Awesome Outside Linebacker

May 18, 2021, 10:03 AM

Get the kid in camp, if he is a hitter and makes the grades, sign him up.
Position depends on how much weight he adds as he grows. If he bulks up, he would be an ideal Outside LB, and if he does not bulk up, a good safety.
Football Speedsters from Kansas: John Riggins, Isaiah Simmons, Jaren Kanak. Sign him up!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,700
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic