Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This 1 hurts. As much as this team grew up over the course of the year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

This 1 hurts. As much as this team grew up over the course of the year

Jun 3, 2023, 11:00 PM

They made way too many mistakes tonight & a veteran team made them pay. We can fuss all day long about umps, but they weren't running the bases or leaving a fastball across middle of plate w/ just 1 strike or failing to scratch out 1 run w/ 3 on/0 out.

I don't doubt that our guys will fight, but coming off this marathon, having burned through so many arms when we already knew that wasn't strong suit...I just don't see how we can rattle off 3 straight in 2 days. Tennessee was gift-wrapped a trip to CWS tonight IMO. Best thing we can hope for is our returning guys to be able to learn & grow, while the staff hopefully finds the missing chess pieces needed to build us back into an Omaha contender.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This 1 hurts. As much as this team grew up over the course of the year

Jun 3, 2023, 11:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This 1 hurts. As much as this team grew up over the course of the year

Jun 3, 2023, 11:17 PM

No, not really. We were a lot like our softball team, except reversed. We played some good teams but not great teams. We didn't have series with Duke, Miami, or uva. Last really good team we played was wake.

I had said when we got our draw, we got the royal screw job. Tennessee was the #1 seed last year, they returned the entire pitching staff and most of the team. At season start, they underperformed but found them a true Friday starter. They're not really well coached but they are extremely talented. Way too talented to be a 2 seed in the 4th seed bracket. Perhaps the metrics say otherwise but you must account for competition.

We're a good team. We just don't have pitching depth. And even with that, we should have won.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think there are just so many on here hurt right now

Jun 3, 2023, 11:52 PM

& I'm sure those coaches & players hurt more.

Looking after the announcement, there was every right to be worried about Tennessee...they're probably the best team we've played since the Wake Forest series.

This was the most important game Clemson baseball has played in quite a few years, & given what happened on the other channel in Auburn, we knew the winner was a virtual shoo-in for Omaha. We all wanted this so bad & for Clemson to be back in Omaha so bad. & to let this 1 slip is a tough pill for folks to swallow tonight. I just hope our boys are gonna fight to the end, whatever that end will be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think there are just so many on here hurt right now

Jun 3, 2023, 11:55 PM

That’s what it is for me. A real shot at Omaha up a rats ###. For 1 strike.

I don’t think we will ever go back, hell it’s been a generation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic