Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There was a poll on here
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 251

There was a poll on here

Nov 26, 2023, 3:00 PM

After the ND game asking if Wes Goodwin should be one of the highest paid D coordinators in the country and my response at the time was I believed he deserved a raise but I would wait until the end of the season to make a judgement whether he should be one of the highest paid.

Well the verdict is in.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There was a poll on here

Nov 26, 2023, 3:16 PM

Not so fast! I remember Dabo getting in his face just before halftime of a game when Wes's calls let a team move down the field and score in like 35 seconds.

Improved? Yes. Consistent? Nope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2023, 3:23 PM

I remember that incident but if this is the measure of how coordinators are paid, do we take away about a million from Riley considering Dabo had to tell him to stop passing the ball and run it so we could win the game last night ?

I mean, if we are being completely unbiased and fair on who contributed more to this teams 8 wins this season (and none of the losses to be honest) Wes Goodwin should be paid Riley's salary and vice versa

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2023, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: There was a poll on here ]

I remember that scolding as well and IO believe Wes has been a much better coordinator since that day. he has seldom gone to the 3-man fronts and soft read & react defense after Dabo chewed him out for it. He is learning and has stopped some of the experimenting and gone with what works. He will be fine.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 251
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic