Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC's End Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,983

The SEC's End Game

Jul 25, 2021, 7:01 PM

The ultimate goal of the SEC is to create two 10-team divisions that are treated as separate conferences instead of one conference.

Each 10-team division would have its own championship game and both winners would get an invitation to whatever playoff system exists. They would both be treated as a conference champion.

Depending on who is added after UT & OU, there might have to be some realignment based on geography and competitive balance. But that is a minor detail.

No B1G school would leave for the SEC. Their identities and the historical bonds between them are just too strong. Plus, the per school money gap won't be that huge.

Just my 2 cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC's End Game

Jul 25, 2021, 7:29 PM

If the goal is a 12 team playoff system is it going to matter if two separate but equal SEC schools get in or not.

Seeding

Jul 25, 2021, 8:21 PM

Based on the proposed 12-team playoff format, the top 4 seeds are available only to conference champs. This way two SEC schools would be in the top 4 and get a bye in the 1st round.

Not sure but this also might make it easier for 6-7 SEC teams to make the playoff every year.

Re: Seeding

Jul 25, 2021, 8:29 PM

Do the math and you will see there will not be 6-7 SEC teams in a playoff because they would have too many losses.

If the playoff is 12 teams

Jul 26, 2021, 2:10 AM

and the SEC has two 10-team conferences, it would be very possible to have 6 teams. 3 from each.

Not every year, of course, or even most of the time.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist like some here but the blatant bias of pollsters towards the SEC is obvious. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Re: The SEC's End Game

Jul 25, 2021, 8:34 PM

That seems to be an SEC logical path, one that seems to be something they would jump to follow if they haven't already.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,983
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic