Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The price of WTI crude and Brent Crude are down ~25%....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

The price of WTI crude and Brent Crude are down ~25%....

Mar 15, 2022, 8:44 AM

from their peaks last week.

I'm trying to figure out what US pipeline was turned back on in the last few days that led to this drop.

Or what the US President did to cause this.

Whatever we did, we should do a lot more of it, right??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden went and flipped the oil switch

Mar 15, 2022, 8:46 AM

I'm sure Republicans will praise him for this since the President is directly responsible for all oil production in the world

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Caused by Trump rallies last week.***

Mar 15, 2022, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure Brent Crude was in my 6th grade class.***

Mar 15, 2022, 8:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah comrade, I'm glad you asked

Mar 15, 2022, 8:47 AM

Joe's gonna take a break from collecting our guns to nationalize the oil industry so he can personally set the price of gas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

He can take my rifle when he prys it from my cold lifeless

Mar 15, 2022, 9:02 AM

hands! Now where's my truck? I gotta drive around town and let people know how cool I am from 1000 yards away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Noticed gas dropped $.10. Guess TikTok dude was right.

Mar 15, 2022, 8:50 AM

You never know on social media, but said oil would drop 30% VERY quickly in the next wee or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's a "TikTok dude"?***

Mar 15, 2022, 8:56 AM

Any guy who does videos on tiktok.

Mar 15, 2022, 8:56 AM

It seems I regularly am rotated between the gold-digging hoe, disgruntled husband, alcoholic, and world events tiktok algorithms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You watch Tik Tok? I never had you pegged for a 13 yo girl***

Mar 15, 2022, 8:57 AM

Just like myspace, facebook, etc. taken over by old people

Mar 15, 2022, 9:03 AM

Please, tell me how many 13 year old girls would be interested in the first 4 videos that pop up.....

https://www.tiktok.com/@sammyhagar/video/7074744678947638571

Then this:

https://www.tiktok.com/@tarheelfarmer/video/7073963261305343278

Then this:

https://www.tiktok.com/@malachi.ky/video/7074307011663465774

Then this:

https://www.tiktok.com/@dupreestudios/video/7074619695600536875

Then this:

https://www.tiktok.com/@ndpvina274/video/7072338340229451035

Then this:

https://www.tiktok.com/@growincorn2020/video/7072816534233664810

Led Zeppelin could resurrect John Bonham and play a 4

Mar 15, 2022, 9:05 AM

hour marathon free concert on TikTok. It's still for teen girls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Led Zeppelin could resurrect John Bonham and play a 4

Mar 15, 2022, 9:11 AM

I'm not willing to break my streak of not...

Mar 15, 2022, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Just like myspace, facebook, etc. taken over by old people ]

using Tik Tok for myself.

I do monitor my 12yp daughter's activities, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

But you enjoy though teenage boys and girls doing stupid dances....

Wait another couple weeks and you'll have the instathots

Mar 15, 2022, 9:10 AM

posting their dancing videos on tik tok

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MommyTok is worth the app. There are lots of thirstraps out

Mar 15, 2022, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I'm not willing to break my streak of not... ]

there begging for likes.

And the Golden Retrievers on TikTok are amazing.

My TikToks are 99%:
dogs,
home improvement,
comedians,
thots,
hot moms with no bra on,
ladies post-workout,
movie clips,
more dogs,
dads complaining about life

It is 100% worth it, I was a hold-out like you. It is a timesuck though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do I shift my algorithm to thots, hot moms with no bras,

Mar 15, 2022, 9:18 AM

and post workout wimmens?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just keep flipping, they'll figure you out.***

Mar 15, 2022, 9:21 AM

flipping and liking

Mar 15, 2022, 9:24 AM

I once got on PrisonTok's algorithm. It was dudes posting videos that made no sense to me from inside prison. I assume only people that spent time locked up got what they were doing and/or talking about.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will do.

Mar 15, 2022, 9:16 AM [ in reply to I'm not willing to break my streak of not... ]

https://www.tiktok.com/@de.meloo/video/7073915784338197765

I watched that, and then this came up.

Mar 15, 2022, 9:33 AM

tiktok, and the chick, are terrible. Who TF watches this ####?

https://www.tiktok.com/@drewafualo

This came up after her on mine.

Mar 15, 2022, 9:37 AM

https://www.tiktok.com/@inspector_kip/video/7055012533442399534

I get DogTok and HomeImprovementTok a lot

Mar 15, 2022, 10:30 AM

I am amazed at the animals that speak thru buttons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that doesn't look like a TikTok dude

Mar 15, 2022, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Will do. ]

you telling me that TikTok has videos of chicks with boobies? Do 13 year old girls like these videos also?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Well, for one, I can do all things through Christ.

Mar 15, 2022, 8:57 AM

Write that one down and thank me for turning the gas price knob down.

Oooof, I botched that one

Mar 15, 2022, 8:59 AM

Hmm funny, yet sacrilegious....

Mar 15, 2022, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Well, for one, I can do all things through Christ. ]

Re: Hmm funny, yet sacrilegious....

Mar 15, 2022, 9:16 AM

ole joke from long ago... what happens when a Jew with an

Mar 15, 2022, 11:20 AM

erection walks into a wall? He bumps his nose.

Sorry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Since Biden says it's Putin's fault

Mar 15, 2022, 9:35 AM

Putin must like us again and pumping oil like crazy and reducing his prices.

Thanks Putin for saving our idiot President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you tired? Those mental gymnastics must wear you

Mar 15, 2022, 9:52 AM

out.

more like, is Biden?

Mar 15, 2022, 10:00 AM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/white-house-tiktok-stars-putin-gas-prices

Analysts seem to be saying that the drops are....

Mar 15, 2022, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Since Biden says it's Putin's fault ]

largely based on perceived opportunities to end the conflict coupled with emotional over-reaction to the conflict in past weeks.

So wait...speculators caused this?

Mar 15, 2022, 11:23 AM

AND NOT THE PRESIDENT, JUST LIKE LAST TIME?

Who woulda thunk it.

I really, really should have taken my profits on DBO last

Mar 15, 2022, 9:38 AM

week, but how could I know, how could I know oil overall was going to go down like $13.00ish in one day, have a couple of days going back up, then be in a nice free fall this week?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I argued with my brother yesterday about this for about a

Mar 15, 2022, 9:40 AM

a minute that the president doesn't set gas prices. I realized quickly it was a lost cause.

He also still believes the election was stolen/rigged.

Some men, you just can't reach.

Our President can't even tie his own shoes

Mar 15, 2022, 9:47 AM

much less set oil prices

It's fun watching some of these people try to paint Biden

Mar 15, 2022, 9:50 AM

as a dementia patient who can't even tie his own shoe but at the same time is actively working to destroy America

Sort of like Trump being a sociopathic buffoon who

Mar 15, 2022, 9:52 AM

is savvy enough to leave an evidence-free trail behind him while laundering money for the Russian mob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if I was ever against many of Trump's policies.

Mar 15, 2022, 10:08 AM

Except maybe the tariffs on China, Europe, and Canada.

He was just a terrible human being.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....it was a good 3 years (thanks Covid for 4th) for me

Mar 15, 2022, 10:10 AM

and my family---wish we could have turned the guy down from a 12 to about a 7.

I remember he addressed the country a few weeks into his

Mar 15, 2022, 10:14 AM

term in 2017 and seemed awesomely presidential. I had sworn I could never support the guy after his attacks on McCain and other candidates during the campaign but was having 2nd thoughts. I'm not sure how long it took for me to turn into a Trump-hater, but not long.

I agreed with most of his general positions....

Mar 15, 2022, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Agree....it was a good 3 years (thanks Covid for 4th) for me ]

but his execution was horrible most of the time.

That coupled with being a terrible human and being much more concerned with self over country...I couldn't vote him.

No doubt.....oddly enough I found a few upsides from the

Mar 15, 2022, 10:19 AM

self-concern.

Dude was more concerned with cheesy stuff like steering govt contracts to his hotels for a million here and a million there for himself far moreso than steering defense contracts to the MIC for a billion here and a billion there for them, so it was the quietest period of military interventionism we've seen in a long, long time.

dude was his own worst enemy***

Mar 15, 2022, 10:26 AM

To me, the thing about Trump was he was mostly just hot

Mar 15, 2022, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I don't know if I was ever against many of Trump's policies. ]

air. In fact, when I watched one of the early nomination debates and he started babbling about hand sizes... I just said JFC, turned it off, and never watched another one. The only reason I knew about crowds chanting "string her up!" or his spazzing out to make fun of the reporter's disability, etc... is because I read several newspapers a day. (TV "news" no longer exists and hasn't for years). He talked big, bragged a lot, and was mostly full of crap. IMHO, of course.

He'd only been in office a short time, maybe a couple months(?)... I forget, but he made comments about how our military had been in shambles, but he'd fixed it. Really. The US military is probably the most monolithic and complex whatever-you-want-to-call-it on the planet. And he fixed it... just like that (snaps finger for emphasis). You know, we knocked that out this morning, and we'll tackle world hunger and a cancer cure right after lunch...

The Wall, oh dear heavens, THE WALL. It'll keep everybody out, plus we'll make Mexico pay for it. The Mexican President just chuckled and flipped him off. The whole concept of this magical wall never made much sense anyway. Won't they just go to Home Depot and get a bigazz ladder or some ropes? And aren't they pretty good climbers anyway? I see them on roofs all the time... yuk yuk, sorry. Yep, it's a real effective deterrent....

Oddly enough, some of his most hardcore supporters proved that a while later...

Here's a pretty good summary I think...

Mar 15, 2022, 5:11 PM [ in reply to I don't know if I was ever against many of Trump's policies. ]

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/18/trump-presidency-administration-biggest-impact-policy-analysis-451479

I think most would argue his policies are a mixed bag at most, although, I'd argue it tilts pretty negative. His biggest claim to fame is the economy but as everyone knows a president has little to do with how the economy does. Look at Biden's economy which has a roaring job market right now, but inflation is killing it and I wouldn't argue that Biden has much to do with either of those as it's clear the pandemic is the root cause of both.

My opinion was that based on how the economy was doing at the end of Obama's term whoever won the 2016 election was going to see a great economy and that's exactly what happened. So, if you take out the economy, there are a few things I actually like that Trump did, but overall the things I don't like that he did far outweigh the positive. But that's just my opinion. I would be curious as to what policies you and/or others liked.

I think most people do agree though that Trump was and is a horrible human being who, unfortunately, will never pay for how bad of a person he is. That's what upsets me most about him. He's a horrible example for kids, society, and the overall idea of "karma."

I aint one of them. He aint workin at nothing, like

Mar 15, 2022, 9:54 AM [ in reply to It's fun watching some of these people try to paint Biden ]

Afghanistan
40 yr hight Inflation
Ukraine
Oil prices
Stock mkt crash

You are correct, he aint workin for sure

The stock market crashed? Who knew?***

Mar 15, 2022, 10:06 AM

There's been one upside to the high gas prices.

Mar 15, 2022, 9:45 AM

The price has been high enough that the usual brainless "preppers" haven't been able to afford bringing 7 jerry cans at at time to the pumps to cause the normal shortages and lines. It's almost a given that at $2.50 a gallon, the Ukraine invasion would have brought these people out of the woodwork.

UEA commits to OPEC. Iran getting close to selling oil

Mar 15, 2022, 9:47 AM

On the world market.

High prices slowed consumption. Supply looks like help is on the way.

Speculation run amok getting reigned in.

Wrong bored.***

Mar 15, 2022, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm general board all the way...deal with it :)***

Mar 15, 2022, 10:07 AM

Actually, I think demand just naturally declined as the

Mar 15, 2022, 1:02 PM

price flirted with $5/gal. A lot of people who commute to work every day in a tank started taking their teenager's Honda Civic instead......

You think or you know?.....

Mar 15, 2022, 1:43 PM

Analysts I was listening to this morning on Bloomberg radio, said it had nothing to do with demand changes. That makes sense to me since a change in gas demand due to last week's increases wouldn't have had time to be reflected in refiner's demands yet....right?

Latest published data from EIA is lagged by a week, so they only have the week ending 3/4/22 and certainly gasoline production had not curtailed by then.

Re: The price of WTI crude and Brent Crude are down ~25%....

Mar 15, 2022, 7:47 PM

FWIW (and this isn't much) flow0440, I suspect that with P.R.China being one of the few places that will buy Russian oil, that Russia is selling crude to PRC at a meaningful discount to the overall market.

PRC is then reselling the Russian oil at a profit ... but at prices which are still below the 'market price' for sour crude.

Russia sells a lot of oil (even if its getting to the market via laundering from PRC). That depresses the global price.

Again, this is guesswork, so maybe someone with real insights will chime in.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic