Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Judge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

So Judge

Jan 16, 2022, 11:51 PM

I admire your steadfast support Judge for Coach Brownell through the years though I do not share it. IMHO you have too much skin in the game, and you have ignored too many Clemson boosters and fans who are flatly turned off by Brownell's style of play and the lack of confidence his players show in the 4th qtr and other pressure moments of big games. It reflects Brownell's fear not embracement of the big moments.

There is no guarantee that a new HC will change Clemson's W-L record, but really there is nothing to lose. Brownell has put forth a best effort and will leave a multi-multi-millionaire. Similar to Tommy Bowden and Rick Barnes, whether you agree or not, Brownell has been given a shot, in Brownell's case a lot of years. And he made of it what he could.

A new coach will immediately put more fans in the seats, and Neff and Clemson will give the new coach his own fair shot. The same one given to Brownell who was extremely willing to leave Wright State. If the new coach is above average to outstanding, he will likely move on in a few years similar to Barnes (no matter why Barnes left). Then another coach gets a shot.

I have not seen a game in person since Brownell's 2nd or 3rd year by choice -- many are in the same boat. The lack of entertainment value and decade long propensity to play tight and choke in big moments has been impactful. For the sake of the university, the alums, the fans, and especially the players and new recruits, it's time to turn the page and give another coach a fair shot at his destiny. With full respect to Coach Brownell, he has had his shot. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Judge

Jan 17, 2022, 8:47 AM

I read these week in and week out for years now. Nothing ever changes. What is it that is keeping Brad here. Salary, occasional big win, nice guy,scandal free program, potential, Sweeney, blackmail, no replacement, nobody gives a sh….?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2022, 12:52 PM

He’s not a terrible coach. Runs a clean program. Graduates players. Finishes above .500. It’s been a program on cruise control while football has been in the national spotlight for close to a decade now.

But now with the Little John improvements and dwindling student and fan support it’s time for the focus to shift a bit and rebuild the program. Starting with new leadership and new vision.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2022, 1:43 PM

someone recently compared Brownell to Bowden and the more I look at it the more I see the similarities. Now if there's a basketball coach out there that used to sell insurance we need to be interviewing him right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic