Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Risk-based decision making
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 361

Risk-based decision making

Apr 7, 2020, 7:00 PM

and why it is important. This is what leaders need to focus on, not their frackin 5:00 pm press circle-jerk ratings.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21209887/coronavirus-covid-19-michael-lewis-the-fifth-risk-trump-administration-catastrophe

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GOVT KILLING US!!!!

Apr 7, 2020, 7:03 PM

yeah cmon!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Risk-based decision making

Apr 7, 2020, 7:14 PM

Wait, are you actually going to dirty-up this board with fact-based analysis and common sense?

You might as well just paint a target on your forehead and stick your head into a Trump rally.

RIP friend. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Vox

Apr 7, 2020, 7:20 PM

Re: LOL Vox

Apr 7, 2020, 7:40 PM

T3Tiger said:

You know he might actually have some valid discussion in that article but I’ll never read it because it starts off with this

“ Trump’s botched coronavirus response isn’t the first time his administration has put Americans at risk. And it won’t be the last.”

That has been proven to be untrue and we’re doing better comparatively than Europe and the U.K.

Trump was warned repeatedly in January by his Trade Rep. Peter Navarro and DNI Richard Grenell that a Pandemic which could threaten millions of American's was possible and we'd better prepare. The Intelligence community put that risk in Trump's daily briefing, every day. But Trump chose to ignore it.

We still don't have adequate testing and Hospitals and States are having to bid on the open market for supplies. Trump has completely upended the Federal System by abdicating his responsibility to protect American's. That's why the Federal Govt. has the power under the law, notably the Defense Production Act to be able to respond to National Emergencies. But he doesn't employ it enough to be effective and more and more American's contract the virus and die. So, he blames the states. Like Oklahoma somehow knew it should've prepared for a Pandemic rather than tornadoes. You know, because Oklahoma has it's own CDC and the power to compel manufacture of needed supplies. What an idiot. That's why we have a Federal Govt, with the power and resources to deal with major disasters! We pay taxes so it can! That's why we have federal laws specifically designed to enable the federal govt. to deal with disasters. Trump, he blames the states.

On March 5th, 2020 there were 29,595 confirmed cases with 11 deaths. Today, just 32 days later, we have 387,547 confirmed cases and 12,722 deaths.

This is the most predictable catastrophe this country has ever seen. We saw it developing, we saw it spreading and we watched it come to our country. Trump's response? He limits foreign nationals from coming here from China.

Today, 97% of American's are staying home because this mentally ill President didnt, and still, doesn't take charge and act.

You might like the article.

Apr 7, 2020, 7:50 PM

Apr 7, 2020, 7:59 PM

T3Tiger said:

Your full of it with your failed list of recycled talking points that have been proven wrong. The FACT is we see doing better as a country than many others even though you don’t seem to be able to math. That didn’t happen by accident. Do me a favor and scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at the projected deaths...about 1/30th of what was originally projected. Sorry to burst your bubble. I know you were counting on this to take Trump out after the Dems couldn’t do it. ************************************************** -->

Dude, you need to relax. Remember, this isn't personal. I've seen that model and I think it's wonderful news. It means social distancing and staying home works. But we still have over 300,000 infections. That should never have happened. Where does the idea come from that anyone believes that more death is a good thing? The far, far right-wing claiming that liberals want American's to die in order to take down Trump? Is that what you're inferring? Is that the bubble of mine you think your bursting? Really?

Canada had cases before we did. They've had 135 deaths, we've had over 12,000.

Celebrating that model is like celebrating only 3 of your kids died in the fire instead of all of them.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:06 PM

Apr 7, 2020, 8:12 PM

Show me anything I've said that was incorrect, dishonest or misleading.

I'm listening.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:20 PM

Still waiting.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL Vox ]

Vox

Apr 7, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to LOL Vox ]

A week earlier, Vox confidently declared that "The evidence on travel bans for diseases like coronavirus is clear: They don’t work." The article originally referred to the "Wuhan coronavirus" in its headline, before left-wing journalists and Democrats argued that terminology was racist.

Vox also tweeted on Jan. 31: "Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No." On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet, writing that it "no longer reflects the current reality of the coronavirus story."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vox

Apr 7, 2020, 7:47 PM

Attack the messenger, as usual. If you actually read the article you'll see that it's an interview.

I’ll admit, it’s a heavy lede

Apr 7, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to LOL Vox ]

but the premise is based on the claim that he and I would submit others, including Dems, didn’t understand the risk of pandemic.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that he and most of the top leadership in Washington on both the Democratic and GOP side ignored the intelligence, and ignored the evidence contained in the intelligence reports coming out of China.

At this point, we need to throw the all out,

Apr 7, 2020, 7:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 7:48 PM

W saw this coming***

Apr 7, 2020, 8:29 PM

Re: W saw this coming***

Apr 7, 2020, 8:46 PM

Trump only stopped foreign nationals from traveling from China to the U.S. The flights continued for another month until the airlines shut them down, not Trump. Get your facts straight.

"Read the Constitution. The governors have the emergency powers. The fed govt can only provide guidelines and assistance and legally act within interstate commerce laws."

That is entirely misleading and incorrect. The Federal Govt has the power to address national emergencies like Hurricanes, terror attacks and Pandemics. That is a weak attempt to make Trump's incompetence appear within the law.

Was Hawaii supposed to go after Japan? Did the U.S. Federal Govt. not swarm to Puerto Rico's aid, spending billions, to this day, trying to bail them out?

Trump was wanred in Jan. and did nothing. They flew 14 infected patient back on an airplane full of non-infected and when they got here, the infected were quarantined and the rest just went home.

You are not going to gaslight me into believing the Federal Govt.is impotent in the face of disaster unless it complies with the laws of interstate commerce.

Where do you think the term "Federal Disaster Area" comes from?

Look, you want to support Trump, have at it. But nothing I've said in this thread is inaccurate or disinformation, which is what you accused me of.

I'm not going to convince you, you'r not convincing me, so lets just walk away and re-examine it another day. Okay?

Re: W saw this coming***

Apr 7, 2020, 9:03 PM

This just backs up what I’m saying even more

Apr 7, 2020, 9:26 PM

Re: This just backs up what I’m saying even more

Apr 7, 2020, 11:13 PM

What do you think FEMA is? What do you think the National Stockpile is for. Of course, it's for the states, that's where all the people live!

But the Federal Govt. has to use it's full powers, obviously at the state's request, to combat any emergency declared by the PRESIDENT. It has nothing at all to do with the freaking commerce clause. Geez.

Now, instead of the Federal Govt. using the laws that were SPECIFICALLY WRITTEN FOR IT, the states are having to bid on the open market against hospitals and foreign govts.to get medical equipment to SAVE PEOPLES LIVES. That's the point. To do whatever is necessary to save lives during a disaster. Invoking the Defense Protection act assures all the states have everything they need to save lives. But, Chamber of Commerce lobbyists don't want him to do that and he's listening to them.

This is insanity!

Trump has it backward. He says the Fed. Govt "isn't a shipping clerk" when that's exactly what they're supposed to be doing. Jesus Christ, look what Newsom said, "Trump has given me everything I could have hoped for." Trump needs to do that for ALL the states!

You're right

Apr 7, 2020, 11:36 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 361
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic