Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Putting aside the hatred and all that stuff, who thinks the Dookies and the
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 351

Putting aside the hatred and all that stuff, who thinks the Dookies and the

Mar 29, 2024, 1:13 PM

Wuffies pull off victories tonight? Tall tasks for both of them, but something is telling me they BOTH do it. That would mean they meet up again in The Elite Eight, with a trip to the Final Four on the line.

Where hopefully, they will be one of TWO ACC teams in that group! Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting aside the hatred and all that stuff, who thinks the Dookies and the

Mar 29, 2024, 1:15 PM

NC State wins, but Duke loses. But of course, I thought UNC would win last night. Thus is the reason I don't bet on games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting aside the hatred and all that stuff, who thinks the Dookies and the

Mar 29, 2024, 1:22 PM

I sure hope Dooooky loses. I would like to see NCSU win and join us in the final 4. That would drive Vegas bonkers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you on the gambling luck. The last night I gambled on cards, I lost

Mar 29, 2024, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting aside the hatred and all that stuff, who thinks the Dookies and the ]

a poker hand holding a full house, Kings over Aces. The highest possible full house, since I had three of the Kings, and two of the Aces.

It was truly disheartening to hear the aggravating guy we all called "The Old Man" say "I'll bet all the money in the pot and the title to my new car, I got the winning hand." And he did, the old bastid had a straight flush. That not only beat my full house, the game host, who was a friend of mine, had also stayed in to the bitter end, as he also had a lower full house, something like sixes over threes.

I had come to that game, this was around 1978, with $109 in my pocket, which I really couldn't afford to lose, it still being a couple days before my next payday. I lost $106 of them, half on that hand alone. That convinced me that gambling wasn't really my deal, pun intended. Having to borrow $20 from my friend to make it to payday, after the game was over, was the final insult, and the ignominious end to my gambling habit.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm with you on the gambling luck. The last night I gambled on cards, I lost

Mar 29, 2024, 2:08 PM

I would say it was money well spent to cure you of that terrible problem.

I played a lot if poker in my youth and esp. while at Clemson.
After I graduated and was
just getting started in life and had only been married a couple years, and did not have a lot of money, I got into a poker game with a group of guys from all over the country whom I did not know. We were in Miami at the Doral Country Club at an event for top performing company employees. I was the youngest one there. I had some good hands, but not much money. I only had about $200 which was a lot of money in 1969. I got bluffed out of most of my hands because I did not have the money to call. Lost all of my $200. Taught me a valuable lesson. If you are going to play poker, don't play with those who have more money to lose than you. And I followed that lesson learned. But, I also gave up playing poker a few years later when I became a Christ follower.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic