Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably not a popular opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Probably not a popular opinion

Dec 1, 2022, 9:43 PM

But Dabo is a professional college football coach and there is only 1 with a better resume than him currently. Dabo does a ton of coach’s speak because he doesn’t want to reveal everything to the media and fans. With that said Dabo knows DJ sucked last week but DJ has a very fragile confidence and having his head coach say he sucked would only hurt it more when we need DJ in less than a week for the ACC championship. Dabo knows everything that is wrong with the program currently and he will do what it takes to get it fixed. He fixed it from the Bowden years he sure as heck can fix it from a couple of slight down years. BUT let me remind u we have 10 wins on a “down” year and 15-20 years ago we would’ve done anything to have a 10 win season and play in the ACC championship. We as fans have the right to talk good and bad about the program but please know Clemson nation that we’re in the best hands possible and Dabo will get this thing fixed. By gosh he’s earn our trust or at least should have. Anyways GO TIGERS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably not a popular opinion

Dec 1, 2022, 9:51 PM

That's a good point, but it's hard to compare how happy we would be back then when now we know what the potential is and not o.k with how it's being exposed. This is not a hard job to go 11-1 and win the ACC imo right now with recruits and schedule. Dabo has not had a good coaching year.

I fully concur..

Dec 1, 2022, 9:53 PM

BUT, But he should have taken DJ out for 2- 3 series in 3rd or 4 qtr vs Coots with Cade, imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fully concur..

Dec 1, 2022, 10:06 PM

I agree but Morgan Thomas broke it down in a video the other day and was trying to figure out what drive in the 4th quarter would’ve been a good drive to throw Cade into. Remember when we threw Cade into the notre dame game deep in our own territory. Much like the fans have said we haven’t put Cade in very good situations and there truly wasn’t a good one to put him in during the 4th quarter. Anyways Dabo is the man. GO TIGERS!!!

Should have put him in right after the safety …

Dec 2, 2022, 11:57 AM

NM….

Go Tigers ?

Whatever Dabo and Streeter are doing with DJ is not working

Dec 1, 2022, 9:58 PM

Dabo is OK. He is calling his own shots and laughing all the way to the bank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably more in the mainstream than you think

Dec 1, 2022, 9:58 PM

Dabo sees everything we see. More importantly, he sees everything in the program that we don't see. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make significant changes before next season. Thing is, he will make those changes when it is time to make them. Not at the insistence of a squealing, impatient section of the fanbase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably more in the mainstream than you think

Dec 1, 2022, 10:07 PM

Couldn’t agree more.

Re: Probably more in the mainstream than you think

Dec 2, 2022, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Probably more in the mainstream than you think ]

Dabo has been pretty adamant that we, as fans, don't know what the real problems are. He has mentioned several times that we don't know anything. We, as fans, are very critical of DJ, Streeter, and the WRs with Grisham. If we don't know anything, then those can't be the problems. If Dabo believes those aren't the problems, then no changes will be made.

I don't think he's saying that the obvious things

Dec 2, 2022, 12:19 PM

aren't problems.

When he says "that's not it" I think he means that there's more to it than that. Perhaps what we see on the field is a result of the real problem rather than the problem itself. I think there has to be something going on in the locker room or the football complex or the dining hall or somewhere that we don't know about. Fixing it during the offseason has always been Dabo's MO.

I expect to see changes in the offseason. They might not be the changes we expect. I will be very surprised if nothing changes. I'm even comfortable saying that I'll be disappointed if nothing changes. I don't want to see a two-season anomaly turn into a trajectory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know that he does know or if he does…..

Dec 1, 2022, 10:04 PM

He’s late to the party.

Issues started popping up after 2019 LSU. Dabo ignored them by not changing/evolving with CFB. He was stubborn. Now whatever he does will be a REACTIVE approach to handling whatever issues we have rather than being PROACTIVE the last 3-4 years to help mitigate where we are now.

Re: I don’t know that he does know or if he does…..

Dec 1, 2022, 10:10 PM

Maybe or maybe he wanted to give his assistants the chance to fix it before having heads roll. He WILL fix the issues regardless because he’s a dang good head coach.

I'm not doubting he's a dang good coach, but he's also......

Dec 1, 2022, 10:45 PM

a dang stubborn one.............so..........we'll see.

Dec 1, 2022, 10:28 PM

In Dabo we trust. The coaching staff has a lot of dynamics, layers and responsibilities cross pollinate. It's not a simple flush here, Dabo wants to compete at highest level. If he flushes anyone out it will be detrimental to the team right now. Good bosses praise publicly and privately scrutinize. He will make the changes necessary I am confident. Let's put two more good games together Tigers and finish the year strong. We can rebuild, tweak or flush January 2nd.

Dec 1, 2022, 10:42 PM

Great post tigers4evor. We have played football for well over 100 years and only once had years equal to the years since Dabo has been here. We are on the top of mountain but instead of rejoicing in that rare air, too many people want us to there by ourselves. We were on top by ourselves in 16 and 18 and the simple fact is, we may never be there again. Our talent is the ballpark with the top teams, but to believe that we should win every game, every year is pure fantasy. Enjoy the wins, but for the sack of what sanity some of our fans have left, I only hope they accept reality and get out of their dream worlds.

He could have saved himself a year of anguish with better

Dec 1, 2022, 11:36 PM

Coordinator hires prior to THIS year

Re: He could have saved himself a year of anguish with better

Dec 2, 2022, 7:28 AM

In my opinion I think so too but he felt like this was a good enough move to just hire from within. The 1 thing I do know is if the inside hire continues downward Dabo will correct the issue. We must trust him.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic