Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pittsburgh 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Pittsburgh 2016

Sep 24, 2022, 5:16 PM

Last time the D struggled this bad, THEY RECOVERED PRETTY DANG GOOD AFTER THAT.

Back a way from the ledge, COOT posters be gone, Tiger fans chill, celebrate 4-0

The first time,in my humble opinion, in the first time that THIS O could score at will, THAT'S GOOD !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Score at will?

Sep 24, 2022, 5:23 PM

Are you smoking crack?? After about 10 minutes of the first quarter our offense was very average, and just plain pathetic in the red zone at the end of the first half. DJ still doesn’t know when to keep it on the RPO and whoever is calling plays for him in the redzone needs to be fired.

This was WAKE FOREST. They are a slightly better than average team because they have a good QB who’s been there for ten years. That same Wake team struggled with LIBERTY last week.

We were outplayed and out-coached in the second half. If not for an NFL-quality placekicker we lose OUTRIGHT.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ranked 16***

Sep 24, 2022, 5:32 PM

Re: Score at will?

Sep 24, 2022, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Score at will? ]

Do you mean the read option? He should be keeping it more on them, but that is not a (R)un (P)### (O)ption. The offense saved the day, had over 500 yards in regulation, and scored TD's both times in OT. If you are not happy with that then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm very happy for this win!

Sep 24, 2022, 5:29 PM

We beat a ranked team on the road. Good win tigers.

But as far as the defense goes, yes we had a flat game vs PITT in 2016 and against South Carolina in 2018.

But this will be the third week in a row our D has looked soft... especially the front seven, which many believe to be the best in the country. Furman pushed them around. La Tech did some. And Wake ran for one yard against Liberty but managed to run the same delay play over and over and it seemed our front 7 had no answer. This is why I'm concerned. Even Dabo said the must get better.

Re: I'm very happy for this win!

Sep 24, 2022, 5:47 PM

Wake had 10 yards until we had to give so much help to the DB's.

Sep 24, 2022, 6:01 PM

Well, yeah, but why would you even try to run the ball when the passing game was so productive?

Sep 24, 2022, 5:50 PM [ in reply to I'm very happy for this win! ]

Difference between the two is BV acknowledged the

Sep 24, 2022, 5:34 PM

bad performances and seemed upset by it. Goodwin just seems to be OK with the outcome regardless of how they play. Maybe it's different behind the scenes but he just doesn't come off as very concerned in his post game pressers

Re: Difference between the two is BV acknowledged the

Sep 24, 2022, 5:57 PM

NBaldwin said:

bad performances and seemed upset by it. Goodwin just seems to be OK with the outcome regardless of how they play. Maybe it's different behind the scenes but he just doesn't come off as very concerned in his post game pressers

Don't remember BV acknowledging any of that in his first 4 games! Goodwin is in his first few games as an "on-field coach"! Will he be successful?? I don't know, but "In Dabo, I Trust"!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic