Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, since we are officially into Dark Territory, it is time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

OK, since we are officially into Dark Territory, it is time

Jun 5, 2023, 8:31 AM

for us to flush the memories of the last season's endings in football, basketball, softball, and baseball. I cannot recall a single season over these many years when seemingly every sport ended with crushing disappointment like this year.

We are obviously spoiled when a football season that included an ACC Championship and a major bowl appearance bring up mostly bad memories. But, this past season was like that. The continued ineptitude of DJ as a passer, and Dabo's beyond dogged determination to stick with him, still bottles the mime. As a result, we gifted the Coots a win they never should have sniffed, and the bowl game just showed up how far behind the curve we have fallen. Flush it!

In basketball, our AD had promised to find a new leader for us if we did not make the NCAA Tourney yet again. But, alas, keep his word he did not. And, Brownell Brownelled yet again. It will be hard to flush that season, knowing there is at least one more like it coming up. But, Flush it!

In softball, the season began with the highest of expectations. Unwarranted high expectations, as it turned out. We had the best player in the country, but could not give her enough support to get to the World Series. The late season skid that got us offered up as a sacrificial lamb to Oklahoma in the Supers showed that we can compete, but we are not quite there yet. That last loss, when we had the lead, still stings. FLUSH IT!

Now, baseball. Our AD DID pull the trigger on de-cooting our baseball program, and anyone who was paying attention knew this would be a rebuilding year. And, so it started, with average play at best, but improvement all along, and suddenly, tremendous overachievement. This team showed incredible heart, and fought their guts out all the way to the end of that massive 14 inning game with Tennessee. But, that loss, combined with the utterly ridiculous ejection and subsequent suspension of our spark plug leader on the field, neutered us in our last game. A truly bitter end to a season that honestly exceeded expectations. FLUSH IT!

Things WILL be better this season in all these Clemson sports, I can optimistically say. The future looks bright, and the disappointments will fade as we get ready for the first season of Clemson's resurgence. GO, TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"bottles the mime . . . "

Jun 5, 2023, 8:52 AM

I really shouldn't have spent five full seconds trying to figure out what you were trying to say before I realized that it was just an auto-correct error. The fact that it took me that long bottles the mime.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, since we are officially into Dark Territory, it is time

Jun 5, 2023, 8:55 AM

Well said 76er, I can see us being in the mix of championships in each of these sports next year, well besides basketball.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

For me, the baseball and softball season didn't end in as

Jun 5, 2023, 9:06 AM

nearly a disappointing way as the footballs season did. OU and Tenn are good teams, and the biggest disappointment about Saturday was the situational aspect of it - just how close the Tigers game (bases loaded w/ no outs in extra innings). But Tennessee is a really good team.

But w/ football, we simply caved to a clearly inferior team in SC at the end of the season, and then didn't compete against a decent but hobbled Tenn team (and didn't even show up offensively vs. ND). The baseball result was just a heartbreaking result but hard-fought for all that. But for all the reasons you said, the whole football mess was just an unnecessary joke.

Re: For me, the baseball and softball season didn't end in as

Jun 5, 2023, 9:17 AM

1 strike away from winning in the 9th! Heartbreaking.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

indeed.***

Jun 5, 2023, 9:41 AM

d

Dabo stuck with Streeter who stuck with DJ

Jun 5, 2023, 10:14 AM [ in reply to For me, the baseball and softball season didn't end in as ]

And it cost Streeter his job. Now to be clear, Streeter ain’t hurtin for $$, so don’t feel sorry for him.

Streeter was the guy recruiting DJ. It was a bad fit. Then Streeter get the OC job. Streeter felt compelled to make DJ successful yet wouldn’t change from an RPO oriented O to more drop back passer, quick read style of O. Too stubborn to a fault. That resulted in a hole on my dry wall during the Scar game! Mortally frustrating to witness it go down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, since we are officially into Dark Territory, it is time

Jun 5, 2023, 9:50 AM

It’s hard to flush the football season. I think my toilet is clogged….

^^^ I agree ^^^***

Jun 5, 2023, 10:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic