Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB

Mar 31, 2023, 5:50 PM

Many on here are fans of CBB and gave me TD for emailing him and those CBB fans couldn't dispute my message, they just attacked my words, or deemed my email childish, or said Neff wouldn't waist his time. Well all you TD'ers, negative Nancy's, fans mad about my confronting of the AD about the state of pur program and losing the NIT opener

Ok, considering he took his time to email me not once but 3 times, I will not copy/paste his response out of respect. But I will give a quick message alighned with my understanding of his reply.

1) Message after NCAA selection was by design. Not sure if that was pressure on NCAA, Pressure and vocal acknowledgement that CBB did not make it for future change

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you contacted him.

Mar 31, 2023, 5:52 PM

I’m not surprised he responded. He’s a good guy and cares a lot about our basketball program, despite what some people here say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Glad you contacted him.

Mar 31, 2023, 6:41 PM

Would those people be you considering the administration doesn't support the program enough?

I’ve said numerous times that Neff gets it and is making important changes

Mar 31, 2023, 8:35 PM

to the program.

I don’t think it’s fair to accuse him of the same neglect of our program that prior ADs have exhibited. He’s new on the job and has already supported the program in ways other administrators haven’t. I’m encouraged.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 31, 2023, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Glad you contacted him. ]

So Brad’s a good guy. Neff’s a good guy. Are there any good guys that can bring consistent winning to our basketball program? Doesn’t look like these two good guys are up to it.

Mar 31, 2023, 8:26 PM

magicman said:

So Brad’s a good guy. Neff’s a good guy. Are there any good guys that can bring consistent winning to our basketball program? Doesn’t look like these two good guys are up to it.

Really from my emails with Neff, I don't think he could fire brad if he wanted. Reading BTW the lines, he said our future goals are very much aligned as a big Clemson Fan, but he has issues to overcome. Rhen he said he felt that my thoughts on state of program will align better on the near future.

Basically said nothing that gave anything away but said he expected future alignment with fans.

What else can I say, i am giving abbreviated statements from Neff

While he was very open, generous to reply, he was just as cryptic as I assume he should be..

Bottomline, from my interactions, Brad is 1-&-done

There will be changes before the $40mil is completed.

Neff has barely been our AD for a year.

Mar 31, 2023, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad you contacted him. ]

I don’t think it’s fair to say that he can’t bring consistent winning to our basketball program.

But if you want to look at what he’s accomplished since he’s been hired, he has provided needed assistant coach salary increases, promised additional staff support, and is in the process of getting board approval for a new basketball operations building. Oh, and we’ve set records for ACC wins and are coming off one of our highest season win totals in program history.

But if you want to ignore all that and chastise him because he didn’t fire Brad like you want him to, go ahead. Just know that you sound ridiculous.

Correct...that would be Brownell's fault.***

Mar 31, 2023, 8:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Neff has barely been our AD for a year.

Apr 1, 2023, 5:35 AM [ in reply to Neff has barely been our AD for a year. ]

Let’s look at what you’re ignoring.

Those “record” wins came against the weakest ACC in the last 40 years. Our strength of schedule was among the worst in the country. With this schedule, we should have won 27-28 games but Brad managed to lose multiple times to some of the worst teams in the country.

Neff is the guy who said this team was a tournament team when no one else in the country thought so, except the Brownell Bros and media talking heads looking to get clicks and ratings. So how can his judgment be trusted with such inept analysis. He looks like a total fool after us losing to Morehrad State at home as NIT #1 seed.

Neff has been at Clemson for more than one year, and only being AD for a year is a lame excuse. However Brad’s been in his job for 13 years and has missed the NCAA tournament 10 times.

So tell me again how these two are going to improve the basketball program?

Re: Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB

Mar 31, 2023, 5:56 PM

Glad you messaged. You really need spell check.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

As you need an emotional damage check.***

Mar 31, 2023, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2023, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB ]

Yes aligned was spelled wrong on my post but this isnt my email. Dont care about some forum where ppl spell stuff wrong all the time.

Mar 31, 2023, 6:01 PM

Not flaming you but I don't understand what you are trying to say. I am on my 3rd bourbon, so it likely just me, even though I read it 3 times.

Agree Neff is a good guy and would add he is a good AD. He will do what is best for Clemson. He has knowledge/information we will never be privy to.

Daggit, I did not hit send, the whole thread locked up then posted

Mar 31, 2023, 6:07 PM

Sorry, let me finish his basic replies:

2) Said moving CBB is more complex than most know.
3) Neff says he is getting full understanding from all lenses

4)said he couldn't have been more frustrated by the Moorehead loss than any of our fans. ( I assumed that hurt the future of coaching)

5)***** This was his best statement:
Said that while all paths vary, we all want the same results but be felt like we would achieve similar results and expectations in the near future.

A) Then we discussed the success of other programs and he thinks the Softball team could win the Natty. He said our success there is great. I told him to lock down Rittman. I also said look at attendance of a new program them think about a money making program like Basketball if they were winning.

B) we both agreed Bakich was good hire.. We need pitchers.

I think there is a plan in hand but we will have to wait s season. Felt like in our conversation that basketball has changed coming but not for another season as we pretty summarized from last comments.

Mar 31, 2023, 6:14 PM

You need to learn to spell. It’s not waist, it’s waste your time. Anyone with your spelling and grammar skills is simply embarrassing himself. Your emails read like a trailer park redneck. For all you know some Freshman intern replied to your nonsense. Brownell is coming back next year and your one man temper tantrum will not stop it.

You sound like an obsessive nut job. And I’m sure your wealthier neighbors in the double wides are getting very concerned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2023, 6:24 PM

Dude, i am not worried about policing my spelling on a stupid bored when phones autocorrect and I am typing with a thumb. I assure you when I speak to a professional, I make sure my comments are engaging and properly spelled. If you dont think my messages were relayed accurately to Mr Neff then please send your own. If you want to be vocabulary police, go suck an egg.

Im not copy/pasting my emails and I am quick typing on phone to give ppl some kind of interesting info. If you don't like my posts because a run-on sentence or misspelled word then block me, i can give two chits. ..

I have to provide presentations on PowerPoint at Billion dollar companies from my house. I am not going to sweat it of i post a misspelled word on a forum. I will spell check when it matters but thanks for the advice

Mar 31, 2023, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB ]

You sir are a piece of work. I bet my 2 story 3600sg house on 3ac is worth more than double your pc of chit, your's and your neighbors. You have nothing to say except check your spelling. As I mentioned, who cares about spelling when trying to give a quick run down of multiple emails. I didn't copy/paste as I mentioned and Neff seemed to enjoy the banter about our future leagues.

So go burn your boston butt and quit worrying of I spelled a word wrong. Its so petty especially if you are from 1972, jeeze! Just because you love CBB. Get over it, not coming back in 2024!

Mar 31, 2023, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, interesting that Neff and I had email exchanges (multiple) about CBB ]

You need the straight jacket per my doctorate training in psychology.

Mar 31, 2023, 6:14 PM

Please read my next post. Tnet locked up and I could put all on one post, thanks

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic