GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Notre Dame saying no?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7  

Notre Dame saying no?

Jul 5, 2022, 9:48 PM

Looks like the golden domers want to remain independent
https://www.on3.com/college/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-values-independence-usc-ucla-move-big-ten-conference-moves-acc/

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: Notre Dame saying no?

[2]
Jul 5, 2022, 11:02 PM

Notre Dame is doing exactly what the hottest check at the bar would be doing……And they are wise for doing it.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-25yr.jpg flag link

Remember one thing...

Jul 5, 2022, 11:33 PM

Notre Dame will not give one hint of joining a conference until they actually do it. This is logical.

My advice: Ignore the blathering chatter about them choosing not to join a conference.

Wait until the B1G and SEC create their own 8-team playoff. Then and only then, listen to what ND says.

flag link

I don’t think the SEC and BIG will do anything together

Jul 5, 2022, 11:39 PM

I do not think their leadership could be in the same room for long. Just look how they handle over signing, education requirements. Different values and goals

flag link

Enemies often become "frenemies"

Jul 6, 2022, 12:23 AM

When it comes to business decisions that benefit both, the B1G and SEC could absolutely sit down and make a deal over a playoff. When the dollar amount gets high enough, emotions are pushed aside and cold-hearted greed takes over. There are plenty of folks in the B1G and SEC that don't hate the other and they care a whole lot more about $$$ than anything else.

This is how big business works. I've seen it happen in my industry.

flag link

Smart move by the Irish to see what else happens first.

Jul 5, 2022, 11:39 PM

Any conference would jump at the chance to add them anytime.

Of course, we know they will have to join a conference at some point. These super conferences aren’t going to allow ND to continue to remain independent and still be playoff eligible. No way.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

True, but I wonder if ND could threaten legal action

Jul 6, 2022, 12:18 AM

But it may take a few years to reach a conclusion and ND probably couldn't afford to wait.

flag link

Honestly, JK, those are my thoughts. I'd be

Jul 6, 2022, 4:27 AM

surprised to see them in the SEC, though, for IMO their reason for joining would be to enhance their footprint in the south for recruiting. Why would the SEC want that?

The better fit for the Irish would be in the B1G, if for no other reasons than the regional fit and larger percentage of the Catholic population than in the south.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 season tickets for sale in Section TDL at the LOWEST PRICE in the stadium! Both seats for $900! ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1534 people have read this post