Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noon kickoff
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility

Noon kickoff

May 14, 2024, 9:32 PM

Why are people complaining about this? You understand why it's at noon, right?
Fox has made noon a priority, putting big games there, and ESPN/ABC has lost that slot. It's trying to get it back.
There's nothing wrong with a noon kickoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noon kickoff

May 14, 2024, 10:15 PM

It’s the location and neutral site that is shocking. This is the first noon kickoff in the history of the chick fil a series. Fox doesn’t have as big of a swing as you think. If anything, espn would let fox have it so all eyes would be on them after noon.

You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it

May 14, 2024, 10:49 PM

2 of the top 4 regular season games last year were noon; both on Fox. ESPN absolutely sees that and cares a great deal. 3 hour pregame show, to premiere noon game, to compelling 3:30 game to premiere prime time game. That's the new formula they're both trying to follow. ESPN/ABC has us at noon, Miami vs FL at 3:30 then ND vs TAM at 7:30. That's a pretty #### good day of football viewing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it

May 14, 2024, 11:08 PM

I’m just gonna let you pretend you know what you’re talking about. 50 percent of your argument is Ohio state Michigan which is always at noon. If what you’re saying is even close to true, Alabama, UGA, ND and Ohio State would consistently play at noon. But they don’t.

Wrong again

May 14, 2024, 11:19 PM

Bama and UGA are in the SEC up until this year CBS had first choice and has aways valued the 3:30 time slot.

ND owns NBC and plays whenever the hale they want.

O310 state was part of both top rated noon games last year so at least 1/6th of their games were at noon

But why I am telling you any of this you made up your mind we're being disrespected.

Re: Wrong again

May 14, 2024, 11:27 PM

And why do you think CBS chose the 3:30 window as “valued”? Why is the game of the week on ABC at 8? You’re not “telling” me anything I know the numbers, I’m just disagreeing with you that noon is now the “big game” but I would love for some examples outside of the obvious big ten. Less than 20 percent of Ohio state games doesn’t help your point imo.

And yes… everyone knows nbc owns nd contract and the SEC game of the week is at 3:30. You’re literally providing basic information and no argument besides a couple of big ten games

May 14, 2024, 11:35 PM

OK we're not getting anywhere here you're just gonna believe what you believe irrespective of what anyone says so imma just leave you be.

I'm just gonna leave by saying you're no more of a media expert than me or anyone else on tnet; which is to say neither of us are. I'm just repeating what I've heard many times from people who are experts on almost every national sports show. I'm gonna take their opinions over yours.

May 15, 2024, 1:16 AM

I’m not saying what I believe, I have “experts” and media who are in awe of the kickoff time to back it up besides a couple of big ten games in years past. ESPN does not desire their big time games to be at noon. 8 pm is their bread and butter. I really question your sources and statistics, but agree to disagree. Would love to hear any examples you have outside of fox big ten games that are purposely put at noon for ratings.

But don’t act like I’m being disagreeable or farfetched just because you think every big game is noon bound now. There is literally no competition on the noon slot week 1

Re: You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it

May 14, 2024, 11:13 PM [ in reply to You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it ]

Also, how much sense does it make to put your best game against another network to split an audience? If someone schedules Ohio state/Penn state at noon, you schedule a Georgia/Alabama in a different time slot so both games can maximize viewership, not split. No offense, but you have a lot to learn on media priorities

LOL***

May 14, 2024, 11:20 PM

Re: ABC has us at noon, Miami vs FL at 3:30

May 15, 2024, 7:25 AM [ in reply to You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it ]

Miami & FL fans will probably be much madder that day than any of our fans are now. They will have to go to a spin off station or an app to see kick off. Even with last year's rule changes to keep the game flowing, it's hard to imagine that our noon game will be over by 3:30 with all the replays we know are coming.

my counter point to your argument

May 15, 2024, 9:11 AM [ in reply to You're just simply wrong it doesn't matter how many times you say it ]

FORK ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 14, 2024, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Noon kickoff ]

That's simply not true. Noon has become a big deal and ESPN wants it back. And it's going to do whatever it can to take it back. Hence, this game, the first Saturday of the season with two Playoff contenders from two conferences.

May 14, 2024, 11:10 PM

Wants it back? Are you saying there was a time in the last 20 years where ESPN prioritized noon games with important matchups?

Re: If I May...... These Networks Have Competed With Each Other ---

May 14, 2024, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Noon kickoff ]

They have put their best games that they're assigned to broadcast against other games that are broadcasted on other networks in each time slot. I should know because I have flipped back and forth on channels... went back and forth to other rooms...or just sat at a sports bar and took it all in.

Re: If I May...... These Networks Have Competed With Each Other ---

May 14, 2024, 11:35 PM

I would love a few examples if you have them and compare them to the prime time games on said date. No doubt there are good games on at noon with espn but I have yet to see a matchup of the week, so unless you have an example I would disagree with “best”. Fox puts their all into noon knowing espn and abc or CBS will have the most viewed game more often than not

May 14, 2024, 10:19 PM

Exactly. Oh St and Mich always play at noon. You never hear a peep from thise fans

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2024, 10:22 PM

That’s an annual tradition. If they regularly played at night you would hear a huge peep

May 15, 2024, 6:32 AM

well this game should be an annual tradition but isnt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 9:11 AM

I think the 5 times over 10 years we are slated to play is perfect.

Every year means our OOC slates are USC, UGA, and some directional schools...we need to keep our other premier match up rotating IMO.

May 15, 2024, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Noon kickoff ]

Say what? Ohio State, and B1G fans in general, HATE noon games. But, what are you going to do? Fox has first choice of games and will always select Ohio State/Michigan and play it at noon. I think CBS has next choice. Then NBC. ESPeNis and Fox will try to have good games on at all three time slots. I think ESPeNis has seen the value of noon games and wants a piece of the pie.

May 15, 2024, 6:13 AM

When ESPN started 8 pm games they usually lasted 3.5 hours or so. Hence the 12 and 330 kickoff times. It's not unusual to have games last 4.5 hours and end at midnight. Now I know the younger crowd is all for this but I guarantee all those advertisers who are paying the good money to have these games air their commercials see the ratings drop off after a certain time and would rather these games and their commercials air earlier in the day. I understand the argument that if it's top-notch teams people are going to watch but I'm at the age where I'll watch the highlights on YouTube in the morning. I'm going to bed and I'm sure there's many many other people who do the same thing. Let's return college football to the old days of noon and 3:30 games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 8:54 AM

Personally, i love a noon game when I am watching from home.

Get to eat breakfast and watch gameday. Order/cook some wings to be ready at noon. Plate my food and be seated by kick off.

For this situation I think the noon game favors us being the underdog.

the premise of your argument is that we should care what ESPN/ABC thinks***

May 15, 2024, 9:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 15, 2024, 10:34 AM

Those complaining clearly haven't seen the evening slate of snoozers.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 24
| visibility
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic