Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New EA Sports College Football 25 is what's wrong with gaming...
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 9
| visibility 653

New EA Sports College Football 25 is what's wrong with gaming...

May 17, 2024, 12:29 PM

Just looking at the the game based on info available, it appears in an effort to make the game more real they have potentially made the game less fun. In "Road to Glory" mode you take on the role of a student athlete and navigate on and off field relationships, class schedule, and GPA. In other words what everybody hated about college. Why would anyone think that's fun? Before anyone says it, Yes I know there are other modes, but they appear to be just as ridiculously "real" as the student mode. No doubt they will sell a lot of games but is this what we want in a game? Why can't they just be fun without all the extra realism that people try to escape by picking up a GAME in the first place? This "game" sums up what is wrong with modern gaming today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New EA Sports College Football 25 is what's wrong with gaming...

May 17, 2024, 12:38 PM

In previous iterations, the RTG class schedule involved answering 10 questions twice a season. They’re common knowledge questions, they’re not going to make you attend classes on the game lmao.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 1:22 PM

I understand that. You missed the point.

May 17, 2024, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New EA Sports College Football 25 is what's wrong with gaming... ]

MSIEGRAD said:

In previous iterations, the RTG class schedule involved answering 10 questions twice a season. They’re common knowledge questions, they’re not going to make you attend classes on the game lmao.

So basically, the life of a UNC student athlete.

May 17, 2024, 3:16 PM

You can major in FCS nicknames if you want, that’s a little too advanced for UNC athletes.

May 17, 2024, 2:19 PM

You're complaining about a feature that a large portion of the fanbase specifically was asking for in picking back up the series. Was that request from a place of nostalgia for the 07-09 timeframe that had those features? Probably, but listening to what the fanbase wants isn't what's wrong with gaming.

Based on what you have learned

May 17, 2024, 2:22 PM

We can't just download the game and play football? Or are you complaining about one option or gameplay mode?

Re: Based on what you have learned

May 17, 2024, 3:26 PM

I appears that is still an option. My point was related to the "Road to Glory" option, and contrary to popular opinion exactly zero people wanted to manage class schedules, and coaching /player relationships. What people wanted was to be able to create a player they could customize. Which leads to my overall point, modern gaming forgot that people want to have fun. Which is why XBOX, PS, etc.. are failing to connect to a new audience. 9th generation consoles are underperforming across the board due to poor game development.

off field relationships?

May 17, 2024, 2:27 PM

they gonna have a sims mode where you can go hook up with coeds?

Recruiting Hostess mode is another fun way to play

May 17, 2024, 6:15 PM

I just finished the 2025 season and was able to help out team secure 14 5-star commits, but it was a lot of work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 653
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next