Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA reported in April that over 40% of FBS players that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,049

NCAA reported in April that over 40% of FBS players that

Dec 5, 2022, 7:13 PM

entered the transfer portal did not enroll at another school.

The Clemson players that I can remember transferring from last year include:

Lyn Dixon - Did not play this year.
Mikey Dukes - Transferred to South Florida - 3rd leading rusher with 54 carries for 188 yds. (3.5 ypc)
Ray Thornton III - South Florida - Played in 3 games - 3 tackles, 1 PBU - Has already used redshirt yr
Ajou Ajou - South Florida - Played in 1 game - 2 receptions for 9 yds - Can use this yr as redshirt
Frank Ladson - Miami - Played in 12 games - 4th in receiving with 27 receptions for 298 yds.
Paul Tchio - Georgia Tech - Back-up OL - Appears not to have played much. Not much information avail.
Taisun Phommachanh _ Georgia Tech- 4th Team QB behind 2 sophomores and a freshman. Played in 2 games.

South Florida's record was 1-11 - Fired HC mid-season.
Georgia Tech's record was 5-7 - Fired HC mid-season.
Miami's record was 5-7.

There may have been more, but those came immediately to mind. Obviously, they all went to less competitive teams with losing records or no school at all. 2 increased their playing time from that at Clemson. Dukes did have 32 carries for 150 yds (4.7 ypc) his freshman year at Clemson. Frank Ladson had 31 receptions for 428 yds. during his Clemson career. Amazingly, Paul Tchio played in 14 games in a season and a half at Clemson and was listed as a co-starter. Ray Thornton also played in 14 games at Clemson in a year and a half with 21 tackles before opting out in 2021. Go figure.

The situation for the players at South Florida is more uncertain with Coach Scott gone. South Florida's leading rusher had close to 1200 yards this year and is a sophomore.

Someone posted that Robbie Caldwell made the statement a few weeks ago that of over 30 players that transferred out of Clemson over the past few seasons, only 3 received more playing time at their new school. I cannot verify that, but I do believe the Transfer Portal is bad for the majority of players with a lot of them forfeiting a college education for it. Many others that do land somewhere do not seem to improve their previous situation. They can twist it anyway they want to, but it was not done to benefit the student athlete.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA reported in April that over 40% of FBS players that

Dec 5, 2022, 7:16 PM

No offense, dude, but I can't imagine having that much time on my hands to type all that up, much less research it. Are you retired?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Working 1 day per week now.***

Dec 5, 2022, 7:17 PM

Re: Working 1 day per week now.***

Dec 5, 2022, 8:16 PM

OK so now I'm just jealous ?
Good stuff.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

+1 for the research***

Dec 5, 2022, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: NCAA reported in April that over 40% of FBS players that ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm impressed.***

Dec 5, 2022, 7:19 PM

Dec 5, 2022, 7:39 PM

great info, thanks for sharing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 7:47 PM

Dukes also had 5 touched downs and was used as a primary pass protecting back. His role will increase this year.

Possibly, but is that where he wants to be with Coach Scott

Dec 5, 2022, 7:58 PM

no longer there.

Re: Possibly, but is that where he wants to be with Coach Scott

Dec 5, 2022, 8:22 PM

Let me ask him and I will get back to you.

To my first point, I doubt there is another choice at this

Dec 5, 2022, 8:36 PM

stage.

Re: To my first point, I doubt there is another choice at this

Dec 5, 2022, 8:45 PM

Why not? I’m pretty sure Elliott would entertain picking him up with some of the other transfers. Wouldn’t be surprised if sone of them head to Virgina.

Unless he has a degree, he will have to sit out a year now.***

Dec 5, 2022, 8:49 PM

Re: Unless he has a degree, he will have to sit out a year now.***

Dec 5, 2022, 10:04 PM

He said he graduates in May. He loves USF and he does not plan on leaving or coming back to live in Carolina period.

Probably the biggest is concern is will the new coach want

Dec 5, 2022, 10:15 PM

to use the portal to bring in his players? I guess the portal cuts both ways, sometimes.

Dec 5, 2022, 8:33 PM

It’s a shame so many of these kids are focusing on the wrong priority.

Some of these transfers don’t ever get picked up and never get a college degree. They threw away the most important thing in their life, a free college degree, so they can go chasing the game of football.

I get it, they love playing football, but they need to remember they’re using football as a tool to get a free college education. That’s much more valuable.

The vast, vast majority of kids that hit the transfer portal will never play in the NFL, and they should know that.

Dec 5, 2022, 8:35 PM

Shows why using the portal is overrated. I don't care if we never use it.

^^^^this***

Dec 5, 2022, 8:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 9:45 PM

Thanks for this post. Good stuff-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2022, 9:20 PM

Valuable information I hope these players will pay attention to. Education should be the main focus and build character and integrity. IMO the TP has hurt the effort of those who have to earn a spot. This just proves they most likely should have stayed were they were originally planted as Dabo would say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic