Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on pitching with some stats added in..
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 6
| visibility 701

My thoughts on pitching with some stats added in..

May 8, 2024, 11:23 AM

As it sits today, the numbers for the pitching staff as a whole are as follows:

ERA: 4.24 (19th)

Earned Runs: 199 (22nd)

Total Runs: 248 (37th)

Compare those to say Arkansas who has one of the best pitching staffs in the country.

ERA:3.36 (2nd)

Earned Runs:160 (2nd)

Total Runs: (171) (2nd)

I bring these numbers up to show the difference between Clemson and some of the best pitching staffs in the country are not astronomical. You can go through every elite teams schedule and see where they have given up a high number of runs.

This is college baseball, a lot of runs are scored, the hitting is usually better than the pitching, and fielding can be an issue for some teams.

My concerns for this team are the unearned runs. The walks and the errors. I am in no way shape or form saying we have an elite staff, in fact outside of a couple of guys I would say it is average at best, but there have been routine ground balls booted, poor plays in the outfield made etc. that should have gotten us out of innings that only extended them.

That being said. This team can score runs with the best of them and is one of the clutchest team I have ever seen. I have no doubt a super regional is in this teams near future, and they have the stuff to get to Omaha. But we gotta play the games and see.

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on pitching with some stats added in..

May 8, 2024, 12:10 PM

Team Fielding Percentage is 195th out of 295 teams. This compounds on our pitchers when they are working hard for every out. This concerns me more than our pitching.

We were a much better fielding team last year, and there are reasons for that. We had to replace our middle infield this year and then our SS had a season ending injury.

May 8, 2024, 12:14 PM

We have had some injuries that affected our fielding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This statistic may be the cause for the relief pitching woes.***

May 8, 2024, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on pitching with some stats added in.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 8, 2024, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on pitching with some stats added in.. ]

Yeah the games I have watched and seen the relief pitchers struggle starts with some fielding error. I could not watch the game last night but I know Purify was out thus everyone was moved around. I know Purify had been struggling at the plate. It would be interesting to see the lineup this weekend.

May 8, 2024, 12:27 PM

Stats are good to look to note, but the only Stat that is good for win-loss is the the final score. We have out scored 37 teams and found the way to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to multiple baseball stat sites on the internets

May 8, 2024, 1:04 PM

And they all confirmed your stat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 6
| visibility 701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next