Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on Monte Lee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

My thoughts on Monte Lee

May 28, 2022, 12:11 PM

My thoughts as a fan is Monte Lee has what 2yrs remaining on his contract. Of course the most popular decision is to fire monte Lee. However even if they did let him coach next year he’s not getting a contract extension unless he produces a good season. Probably super regional. But I’d like to think they at least make him make changes from within assistant changes. If Lee doesn’t want to do
That then let him go. But Lee is gone in a year or two regardless unless he has a great season next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on Monte Lee

May 28, 2022, 12:17 PM

He was given a raise and extension in 2017 that takes him through 2023. He only has one year remaining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2022, 12:40 PM

He has poor staff management and selection. Needed to replace pitching coach at least 2-3 years ago.

May 28, 2022, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on Monte Lee ]

Thanks. Only problem with keeping him and forcing to hire assistants is you're committed to at least giving the assistants a couple years to see if they produce. Therefore in essence, you're committing to Monte. Time for a whole new staff.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. So unless we give Monte an extension...

May 28, 2022, 8:49 PM

...(which is very unlikely) what quality assistant is going to come here for a possible one-and-done? Tough situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

May 28, 2022, 12:50 PM

He had this opportunity last year and refused to take it. No mulligan here. He needs to go now.

May 28, 2022, 3:19 PM

This. There is a TNet article with a DRad interview from last year. He was already given this opportunity. I really wanted Monte to work so bad. Really liked his personality in the beginning, etc. But the two host losses really seemed to take all the wind out of his sails for future growth. We have been stagnant since then. Had he beat OSU or Vandy we would probably be on a whole nother trajectory right now. Too bad. Time to move on.

May 29, 2022, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on Monte Lee ]

Agree nothing personal here time to move in a different direction

May 28, 2022, 1:26 PM

I think he has had plenty of time to do whatever needed to be done to turn it around. No need to waste another year, let’s make a complete staff change.

It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers

May 28, 2022, 1:57 PM

who their assistant coaches should and should not be. That’s ultra-micro-managing and if a Coach can’t make the decision of who can properly lead his/her team to success, they don’t need to be the Head Coach. Period! Besides that, there’s not a competent coach in the country who wants to work for an AD like that.

You as the Head Coach are paid to hire people who make your team to be successful! Not the AD!

Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers

May 28, 2022, 2:08 PM

Isn't that what happened to Leggett?

May 28, 2022, 2:44 PM

We need to start a poll as to whether or not the AD retains him next week. My guess is that he gets to stay.

Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers***

May 28, 2022, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers ]

May 28, 2022, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers ]

May 28, 2022, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers ]

May 28, 2022, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers ]

May 28, 2022, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not the AD’s job to tell Head Coaches/Managers ]

Yep,

May 28, 2022, 9:23 PM

Thank goodness you shared the coot perspective in a separate thread instead of commenting on any or all of the other hundred threads on the same topic

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic