Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most popular fast food joints
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Most popular fast food joints

Sep 4, 2023, 8:49 AM

By state

The Most Popular Fast-food Drive-Thru, Broken Down By State
Here’s the breakdown of the most searched fast-food drive-thru restaurants, according to state.

Alabama: Church's Chicken (1.4 million searches)
Alaska: Sonic Drive-In (800,000 searches)
Arizona: In-N-Out Burger (2.2 million searches)
Arkansas: Chick-fil-A (1 million searches)
California: Taco Bell (7 million searches)
Colorado: Culver's (1.5 million searches)
Connecticut: Five Guys (1.3 million searches)
Delaware: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (600,000 searches)
Florida: McDonald's (8 million searches)
Georgia: Waffle House (2.5 million searches)
Hawaii: Jollibee (900,000 searches)
Idaho: Jack in the Box (850,000 searches)
llinois: Portillo's (3 million searches)
Indiana: Steak 'n Shake (1.7 million searches)
Iowa: Pizza Ranch (1.2 million searches)
Kansas: Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers (1 million searches)
Kentucky: KFC (2.3 million searches)
Louisiana: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (2.1 million searches)
Maine: Dunkin' Donuts (700,000 searches)
Maryland: Chick-fil-A (1.6 million searches)
Massachusetts: Dunkin' Donuts (3.2 million searches)
Michigan: Little Caesars (2.4 million searches)
Minnesota: Dairy Queen (2 million searches)
Mississippi: Zaxby's (900,000 searches)
Missouri: Panera Bread (1.8 million searches)
Montana: Wendy's (750,000 searches)
Nebraska: Runza (800,000 searches)
Nevada: In-N-Out Burger (1.7 million searches)
New Hampshire: Dunkin' Donuts (600,000 searches)
New Jersey: White Castle (2.1 million searches)
New Mexico: Blake's Lotaburger (700,000 searches)
New York: Shake Shack (6.5 million searches)
North Carolina: Bojangles' (2.3 million searches)
North Dakota: Taco John's (400,000 searches)
Ohio: Skyline Chili (2 million searches)
Oklahoma: Braum's (1.5 million searches)
Oregon: Dutch Bros. Coffee (1.6 million searches)
Pennsylvania: Wawa (4 million searches)
Rhode Island: Dunkin' Donuts (600,000 searches)
South Carolina: Bojangles' (1.4 million searches)
South Dakota: Culver's (500,000 searches)
Tennessee: Krystal (1.6 million searches)
Texas: Whataburger (7 million searches)
Utah: Cafe Rio (1 million searches)
Vermont: Ben & Jerry's (400,000 searches)
Virginia: Chick-fil-A (2.1 million searches)
Washington: Starbucks (3 million searches)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Most popular fast food joints

Sep 4, 2023, 8:58 AM

Most searched. Taco Bell isn't near the most popular in CA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what most popular is based on?

Sep 4, 2023, 9:46 AM

I drive past 2 Bojangles almost daily. And we have a 3rd that I probably drive past 10 times a month. Business has definitely slowed. The service has become atrocious after Covid. I’m not sure if the ones in the upstate are owned by the same people and they just mistreated their employees throughout and after Covid or if they just can’t hire decent help. But they’ve become so bad that we don’t eat there anymore. The worst of them is in Berea. Nowadays you could go to the one on White Horse Rd in Berea any time of day. And there won’t be a line. Used to wrap around the building at breakfast and lunch. Dining is always closed and you will wait on your food for at least 15 minutes… with no one in line.
On the other hand, I’m not a Chick-fil-a fan. But every single one of their restaurants has a line around the building every single day… except Sunday of course.
I think the Bojangle’s pick for SC is proof that this article is a farce or is at least based on unreliable data.

Re: I wonder what most popular is based on? I see now searches.

Sep 4, 2023, 9:46 AM

I still think it’s bad data.

Re: I wonder what most popular is based on?

Sep 4, 2023, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I wonder what most popular is based on? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My last few experiences were terrible.

Sep 4, 2023, 11:06 AM

Used to love them. Cajun filet biscuit the best. Chicken supremes, you couldn’t go wrong. Good fried chicken with decent sides… consistent every single time.

But here are my last 3 experiences at the 3 different Bojangles that I mentioned. The one on Washington near Greenville Memorial Hospital. Pulled up to order a Cajun Filet biscuit combo hoping that the Bo-rounds would be crispy and delicious. It’s about 8:00 am. Supposedly open for a couple hours at this point. Only one car ahead of me in line and he had just driven up to the window. They ask me to pull around and explain that the mic isn’t working and that they didn’t have any food ready yet. It would be about 15 minutes before they had anything ready to go. It’s rush time 2 hours into a weekday and they didn’t have any food ready? Oh well maybe a one off bad experience.

Nope. Bojangles on White Horse Rd in Berea. Waited 20 minutes on 2 orders of Supremes at lunch time, after they told me they were out of chicken wings. They did the classic pull up to the door even though nobody is behind you. Had to walk in to check on my food because they had not warned me about such a long wait. I was wondering what was going on. My food was sitting on the counter. They just forgot to bring it out. They weren’t busy. Just standing around talking. Oddly enough, there were only 3 people in there in uniform. The dining room is closed but there are 2 guys standing at the counter chatting with the ladies.

Bojangles in Travelers Rest about 6 months ago. Placed an online order for a couple family meals. Big order so I figured I’d place it ahead of time. Received confirmation that my order was placed. Showed up at the restaurant at the time that was on my confirmation. Was asked to pull around to the window. They said the order would be right out, please pull up to the door. But the young lady at the window did seem a bit confused. I waited about 25 minutes before I walked in and asked if there was a problem. Nope it should be right out. I explained to the lady that I had been waiting half an hour and placed my order hours earlier online. She apologized and got the manager. The manager was a lady that had just come out and walked about 20 feet in front of me, cursed someone out on her phone and then had a smoke. She informed me that they had prepared the order but given it to someone else so they were making me fresh chicken. I waited probably a total of 45 minutes for an order placed well in advance.

Unfortunately, it’s been bad experience after bad experience for the last year or so. They just can’t do it anymore. I have a feeling that all of their experienced workers left during or after Covid and they are stuck trying to run restaurants without experienced fast food workers. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Let it be noted that I tried my best in retelling these events to not exaggerate any. Even though the frustration started to well up as I relived these traumatic events in my mind. We haven’t eaten at Bojangles in a while. Not even for a biscuit.

Re: Most popular fast food joints

Sep 4, 2023, 9:50 AM

"most searched fast-food drive-thru restaurants"

Never seen a drive through at 5 Guys

Maybe they have them in Connecticut?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Never been a fan of Bojangles. They have the best sausage

Sep 4, 2023, 10:27 AM

Biscuits, but other than that not a fan. Chicken is too greasy. Fries are OK. But other than the occasional sausage biscuit I'm not really a fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never been a fan of Bojangles. They have the best sausage

Sep 4, 2023, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've googled a bunch of stuff in my days, but I have never

Sep 4, 2023, 10:33 AM

online searched a fast-food joint. And don't see a reason I ever would.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of those seem that way because of the state they

Sep 4, 2023, 5:20 PM

originated in. So that's what people are searching about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic