[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Most deceiving stat

[1]
Jun 15, 2021, 1:38 PM
flag     Reply

-- for 2021

I think it may be returning offensive production.
Our QBs and RBs and WRs have stats that are misleading.
I can see how experts would see us as starting in the hole, but are we really?
I think not.

I am kinda up in the air as to RBs. I know we have potential greatness in that room, but from where production comes, I am not sure. Basically Dixon and Pace have not been called on to carry the team, mostly have mop up carries. I believe they will be great this year, but ?? The Freshmen are highly touted for good reason, but counting on Freshmen is not good.

2021 white level member link

Re: Most deceiving stat

[3]
Jun 15, 2021, 1:51 PM
flag     Reply

Artavis Scott just came to mind. He was kinda a running back.
As I recall, he got a lot of big yards on that 2 foot toss that is counted as a pass but is more of a hand off.
From what I read, Shipley has that kind of quick acceleration.

Jun 16, 2021, 4:03 PM
flag     Reply

Shipley is much faster though!

“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!

Clemson Fighting Tigers 147
Georgia flea bitten Dawgs 17
Just like their Bama game last year! ????????

We just ebb and flow between O and D

[3]
Jun 15, 2021, 2:14 PM
flag     Reply

This season our D is returning so much talent, and they were very solid last year. I'm expecting great things from them. I think the WRs we have coming back are amazing, and obviously DJU is the man we want at QB. Undoubtedly replacing TL and ETN is a tall order for any team, but I think we will see that we have done it better than anyone. I'm excited to see these RBs shine.

link

null

[2]
Jun 15, 2021, 2:24 PM
flag     Reply

If the O -line performs better, the guys we have will get us to the Championship. If not, then it won’t matter whose back there. As evidenced by last year

link

[2]
Jun 15, 2021, 2:36 PM
flag     Reply

Last season if Ladson, Ngata, and Ross had been 100% all season, Trevor and ETN stats would have doubled as stacking the box would have not been an option. The O line would be ranked higher.

I am just Joe Schmo everyman fan, but somehow, I just don't

[2]
Jun 16, 2021, 2:24 PM
flag     Reply

see Lyn-J Dixon getting the lion's share of the carries. I think one of the other guys will step up and shine. There is more than enough talent in that room to be great, whoever separates themselves.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: I am just Joe Schmo everyman fan, but somehow, I just don't

[3]
Jun 16, 2021, 3:31 PM
flag     Reply

I think we will see a lot more of the underclassmen guys after 3-4 games. However I bet Dixon gets the majority of the carries against Jawga, and IF we have the game in hand at the end likely a good bit of Rencher. While there is no coach I like better, we all know Dabo gets VERY conservative in tight games and will go with the guys he knows the best. Rencher should never touch the ball unless its a blowout either way IMO, BUT he is steady and will protect the ball (Knocking on wood as I type this!).

military_donation.jpg link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 lower level season tickets in the North stands, section UQ, row E, $900 each. Odd numbered seats ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1544 people have read this post