Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miss.St. preview just caught my eye.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Miss.St. preview just caught my eye.

Jun 8, 2023, 12:54 PM

I had Scar 6-6 at best this year as in their absolute ceiling. One of the wins I gave them was Miss. State at home. After reading this preview I'm not so sure about that one. Like the writer says in the article if MSU, can transition from the air raid to a balanced attack.....

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mississippi-state-football-bulldogs-prediction-preview-2023

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Miss.St. preview just caught my eye.

Jun 8, 2023, 1:01 PM

That’s a big transition to make in one year . Hopefully they get it together enough to beat the Coots

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2023, 2:47 PM

6-6 is their floor IMO.

Easy Wins- Furman, J'Ville, Vanderbilt
Favored- Mississippi St, Missouri, Kentucky
Toss Up (Less than a touchdown spread in either direction)- UNC, Florida, A&M
Loss- Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson

My prediction is 8-4, but I don't trust UNC, Florida or A&M to be any good this year. So while my heart says they lose all of those, they COULD sweep those games, and come into the rivalry game having not lost a game since September. Without knowing what we would look like you would have to give them a punchers chance in that.

So ceiling I'll go with 10-2, because in all actuality that is the best-case scenario for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2023, 2:49 PM

I just can't see the coots beating Kentucky.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not? It's Kentucky.

Jun 8, 2023, 3:07 PM

Sure they've been plucky recently, but they're still Kentucky. They were also 7-6 last year, lost to SC, and looked like complete garbage when Levis was hurt (and he's gone now). Coots should be favored at home.

Re: Why not? It's Kentucky.

Jun 8, 2023, 3:27 PM

Kentucky has their old Offensive Coordinator back after spending a year with the Rams, and Devin Leary at QB. I think you will see much improvement.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 8, 2023, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Miss.St. preview just caught my eye. ]

Their O-line will be the worst they've fielded in the modern era of football. The DE's are on the same level as the O-line, and their starting DT's are serviceable. That buffoon Beamer will not come close to 8 wins being that pathetic in the trenches. No quality RB's and a poor group of LB's that will have to rely on a true freshman. Also lost some key CB's so those Safeties that are pretty darn good will have no support.

Jun 8, 2023, 2:55 PM

Poor old Miss.State is due some breaks. Losing both their previous head coaches suddenly, just as both were getting the bulldogs to more wins than their historical average. Miss State has always been the only team i like in the SEC, their out of the way , middle of nowhere campus for some reason reminds me of Clemson, even though it’s probably much smaller than Clemson now.

Jun 8, 2023, 2:56 PM

But the cowbells are so annoying.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic