Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mediocrity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Mediocrity

Jan 16, 2022, 8:50 PM

Is the expectation for basketball at Clemson .If not they wouldn't reduce capacity of LJ. I remember going to games in the 70's when it was full 11000+

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have reduced seating capacity in Death Valley too.

Jan 16, 2022, 8:54 PM

It has nothing to do with lower expectations. Today’s trend is for more premium seating, because some fans are willing to pay more for a better experience. That is what brings in more money.

But if it makes you feel better to use this silly example to support your belief that mediocrity is the goal, go ahead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: They have reduced seating capacity in Death Valley too.

Jan 16, 2022, 9:03 PM

When schools are packing out the Coliseum it means people are excited about the product on the court.People may be paying more for premium seating at LJ but it doesn't appear they are coming to the games.Half empty Coliseum = bad program

It’s too bad that many Clemson fans have decided to spend their time and money

Jan 16, 2022, 9:07 PM

elsewhere. A strong home court advantage can make a big difference, especially for a program like ours that is frequently fighting an uphill battle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Clemson is a football school.. Don't know why this is hard

Jan 16, 2022, 9:25 PM

for people to understand. Football will always have all the attention, fill up a higher percentage of the stadium and have a more rabid fanbase. All of the other sports at the school will need to field a better team first, then the fans will follow.

It's just the opposite and UNC. They fill the Dean Dome during their bad seasons, but you rarely see Keenan stadium 50% full during bad football seasons unless its the opposing team filling the place.

To complain about fan support when the program is ####### is futile. The fans are speaking up by not showing up to the games and the adminstration has not listened to them. Clemson fans as a whole do not like and do not want Brad Brownell to continue as the basketball coach at Clemson University. Sure there are the outliers that blame the fans instead of the coach, but they are living in denial as well.

Basketball is the 3rd sport at Clemson. Clemson is a football school first, baseball second and then basketball. This will never change unless softball continues to get better and take over the #3 spot at Clemson... but if the basketball program will put out a good team first, the fans will follow. Yes, that makes us look like bandwagon fans. That's the way it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you build it, they will come.***

Jan 16, 2022, 9:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is a football school.. Don't know why this is hard

Jan 17, 2022, 3:05 AM [ in reply to Clemson is a football school.. Don't know why this is hard ]

owensb01® said:

for people to understand. Football will always have all the attention, fill up a higher percentage of the stadium and have a more rabid fanbase. All of the other sports at the school will need to field a better team first, then the fans will follow.

It's just the opposite and UNC. They fill the Dean Dome during their bad seasons, but you rarely see Keenan stadium 50% full during bad football seasons unless its the opposing team filling the place.

To complain about fan support when the program is ####### is futile. The fans are speaking up by not showing up to the games and the adminstration has not listened to them. Clemson fans as a whole do not like and do not want Brad Brownell to continue as the basketball coach at Clemson University. Sure there are the outliers that blame the fans instead of the coach, but they are living in denial as well.

Basketball is the 3rd sport at Clemson. Clemson is a football school first, baseball second and then basketball. This will never change unless softball continues to get better and take over the #3 spot at Clemson... but if the basketball program will put out a good team first, the fans will follow. Yes, that makes us look like bandwagon fans. That's the way it is.

It’s Football, soccer, then softball. All the others are not supported…..

Re: They have reduced seating capacity in Death Valley too.

Jan 16, 2022, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: They have reduced seating capacity in Death Valley too. ]

Who would want a 50% ft player handling the ball EVERY possession with the game on the line? I mentioned this early in the season when it lost a game. That's just bad coaching when you don't play the percentages

Re: Mediocrity

Jan 16, 2022, 9:19 PM

Mediocity is not supposed to be the CLEMSON standard and we should not accept what has been happening for years! In the 70's, we students would wait in line to able to attend games at LJ, even in the rain and cold - would not happen today!!!

Jan 16, 2022, 9:46 PM

Mediocrity is what some people expect. I’m more optimistic. I expect competitiveness. The Tigers dominated in the first half of the first half and then lost their mojo. So, really is that all on coaching? Or on the players? I support the coaching staff and players..and enjoy the wins as they come. I have really liked this team especially the development of PJ and the addition of Bohannon and Collins..not to mention the usually reliable Dawes and Honor etc.

I know that many of you know a lot more about X’s and O’s Than I do so I can’t argue that stuff. On the surface HCBB doesn’t seem to be the All In type personality that we see in Dabo but I do believe he is a very good defensive coach and I love that in college BB.

Finally, and I know some of you will appreciate this and some will hate it, one of the smartest men I ever worked with and he was and is a giant of a man in his profession had a unique perspective on college sports. I would come to work on a Monday morning and see him and say “Dr. What did you think of that UNC Duke game last night ? (He is UNC through and through). He would say “I didn’t watch it”. In disbelief I said ‘What??????” He knew the results of the game and had read the stats. He said he refused to let the actions of a bunch of 19 year olds determine his well being.

I’’m not quite there…I love the wins and hate the losses but I always appreciated his calm approach.

Anyway, that’s me.

Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 10:06 PM

The 70's were 50 years ago, I had hair and could break 70 on the golf course so it has little to do with today.

losing to a team that hadn't won a road game in 708 days

Jan 17, 2022, 7:40 AM

is pitiful!
We should never give up q double digit lead at home. I don't care how much money we spend. Brad would get more if he had a good product.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic