Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lady TIger VB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Lady TIger VB

Jan 26, 2022, 8:24 PM

Why is Clemson Volleyball not part of TigerNet but the new Clemson Softball is? Someone there is dropping the ball

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TEK

how long have you been on tnet***

Jan 26, 2022, 8:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how long have you been on tnet***

Jan 27, 2022, 6:05 AM

He’s ok because he likes Brittney Spears!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Probably because...

Jan 27, 2022, 8:34 AM

the team has been absolutely abysmal since Jolene Hoover resigned in 2015 (although it was time for her to step down).

Much like wimminz hoops, the administration doesn't really give a rats a$$ as evidenced by their hiring one mediocre coach after another who will take the job for the money Clemson is willing to pay as opposed to finding the best coach available and paying whatever it takes to get them here.

Michaela Franklin, who should have never been hired in the first place, was the latest failed attempt. Under her leadership, there was a steady stream of departures and transfers. Something like 27 players left the program before their eligibility was up, including eight who chose to opt out of the program when the season resumed last year after the COVID break. Franklin's record was 49-68 over four seasons at Clemson.

Jackie Kirr is the new coach. She was an internal hire, and finished this past season losing 16 of the last 18 matches. In fairness, she took over a total $#!7 show. I guess we'll see what happens going forward but I'm not too optimistic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Probably because...

Jan 27, 2022, 9:08 AM

All solid points. Clemson must change its facility. Its ceiling restricts championship play. How you say? The women attack the ball with remarkable power, and when it comes off the receivers arms it can go as high as 50’. At Clemson that ball hits the ceiling and plummets to the floor or passed by chance with only one more play on it-usually resulting in a “free ball” or easy ball to opponent.
There are South Carolinians playing at all the top schools - unlike when Jolene coached, there is great in-state talent. We are building a scoreboard and making improvements to one of the greatest college football venues in the country, but unable to fund a volleyball facility. I love our football program and our coaches, but there is no one exercising restraint in spending.
We built a modest softball facility that has a championship coach. Seating limited. We have hired from within for one of the best AD jobs in country.
Where is gymnastics going? Move over men’s and women’s basketball- we have gymnastics practice.
Bobby Robinson and TD had their weak spots for sure, but they hired great people and coaches and they were fiscally responsible. They were very good AD’s. They ran athletics and kept coaches and their spending in check.

An expansion to the softball facility has been approved...

Jan 27, 2022, 9:23 AM

and I believe construction gets underway after the upcoming season.

That said, you are correct. Clemson is in desperate need of a new volleyball facility and has been for years.

A lot of school like Penn State, UVa, NC State, UNC and FSU for example, have the luxury of playing in converted old basketball arenas. That's not an option for Clemson so they'll have to build something new.

My recommendation would be to completely level Jervey and start from the ground up (or at least the gym). As a student-athlete at Clemson I spent a lot of time in that training room below the gym so it has some special meaning to me but it's long past time for something better.

Building a volleyball annex onto the north or east side of Littlejohn might be an option as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably because...

Jan 27, 2022, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably because... ]

Agreed with the championship level facility. I have been to games at Clemson, USuk and CofC. The college of Charleston facility is far and away better than Jervey and the ceilings are more than tall enough. I think it comes down to $$$ generation unfortunately.

Doesn't CofC play their VB matches in TD arena?

Jan 27, 2022, 10:22 AM

If so, that's not a dedicated VB facility. The team just has the benefit of using the basketball arena.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic