Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Deere maintenance day. Had the 54" deck off, cleaned & scraped grass out,
General Boards - The Lounge
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 51

John Deere maintenance day. Had the 54" deck off, cleaned & scraped grass out,

Mar 23, 2024, 5:21 PM

sharpened blades, lubed all fittings. Then washed the tractor outside, after the wind kicked up. I usually wash it at the end of the season, but I was a slacker last fall. Changing the oil and cleaning the battery corrosion I just noticed will have to wait for another day. It's beer thirty.

Oh, and luv me some anti-seize. First time I took the blades off, it was a 3 yr old mower, and it took a piece of pipe extending my ratchet to get the spindle bolts loose. Put back together with anti-seize, they were tight but no problem getting them loose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need to learn some tractor stuff.

Mar 23, 2024, 6:18 PM

My father does all those things on our properties. I can drive one but besides that idk much. Maybe I should start learning since he is 70 YO now

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is about an X758, JDs largest riding mower, a

Mar 23, 2024, 8:09 PM

4WD Diesel 54” deck mower, which has full hydraulics for front snow blade, and can ad 3 point rear hitch like tractors.

I have owned a couple small diesel tractors, and I’ll say they’re really sturdy and don’t take much effort other than basic maintenance, like checking fluids and changing as required. No ideer how big a tractor you’re talking about, but below the huge relatively recent farm tractors, they’re pretty simple to take care of.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 51
General Boards - The Lounge
add New Topic