Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jerry Bulter Fans
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2461

Jerry Bulter Fans

May 26, 2024, 11:19 AM

Hey all of you old Clemson Alumni. Remember this guy. Not only was Jerry a great player he was a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor. He would come to our townhouse and get tutoring from my roommate. I came across his card when I was going through the thousands of cards that I recently inherited and thought I would share this memory with my fellow geezers. Enjoy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jerry Bulter Fans

May 26, 2024, 11:47 AM

From Ware Shoals SC- Home of the "Catfish Feastival" this weekend.

May 26, 2024, 12:08 PM

Seem to remember from my bad early days a #### star who went by the Jerry Butler moniker. Ours was a gentleman and a scholar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what you wrote that got bleeped, but Jerry Butler was a popular

May 26, 2024, 1:42 PM

r&b singer back in the 60's and 70's...I think he performed at Clemson several times, back in the day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know what you wrote that got bleeped, but Jerry Butler was a popular

May 26, 2024, 2:32 PM

Pr0n

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That Jerry Butler sang "Only the strong survive" - it was played at the end

May 26, 2024, 3:19 PM [ in reply to I don't know what you wrote that got bleeped, but Jerry Butler was a popular ]

of every day in my Basic Training barracks.... just to remind us of what was ahead.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2024, 12:16 PM

Wow, I still remember "The Catch" as Steve Fuller hit Jerry Butler to take out South Carolina. Butler was not a football recruit and was supposed to run track for us but good for him and all Tigers, he did play football.

May 26, 2024, 12:43 PM

I worked at his high school when he was being recruited by Red Parker. The last scholarship was held out for Steve Fuller who didn't commit until summer and Jerry was stuck with the track scholarship until another signee was killed (I think) before school started in the Fall. Otherwise Jerry could not have played football as a freshman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct.

May 26, 2024, 12:49 PM

Had to wait until a scholarship became available.

May 26, 2024, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Bulter Fans ]

Was at The Roach that day. Unforgettable. Come to think of it, I don’t think WB had the roach legs yet for that one.

Re: Jerry Bulter Fans- I was at the MD game up there in 78

May 26, 2024, 12:50 PM

He caught maybe and 80 plus yarder from Fuller. The db was breaking the wrong way and you knew he was gone the moment he caught it.

https://clemsonwiki.com/wiki/1978_Clemson-Maryland_football_game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I crossed paths with Butler intermittently at Manning Hall in Spring 1980

May 26, 2024, 1:17 PM

Butler was a recent grad and had just finished an outstanding rookie season with the Bills after being drafted #5 overall. I was a nobody true freshman from VA who had no idea who he was. That did not stop him from always smiling, shaking his head with a friendly sense of humor, and saying hello like a true gentleman.

Apparently, we both had girlfriends in Manning at the time. I can remember sitting in the lobby with Butler a few times, either waiting on our girlfriends or sitting down there talking to them. In those days, men were prohibited from being in Manning from maybe 11:00pm to 7:00 AM. As a result, a flood of men could be found coming down the stairs at 7:15 AM, Butler and I sometimes among them. Different times. Good memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I crossed paths with Butler intermittently at Manning Hall in Spring 1980

May 26, 2024, 4:32 PM

SocMan2® said:

Butler was a recent grad and had just finished an outstanding rookie season with the Bills after being drafted #5 overall. I was a nobody true freshman from VA who had no idea who he was. That did not stop him from always smiling, shaking his head with a friendly sense of humor, and saying hello like a true gentleman.

Apparently, we both had girlfriends in Manning at the time. I can remember sitting in the lobby with Butler a few times, either waiting on our girlfriends or sitting down there talking to them. In those days, men were prohibited from being in Manning from maybe 11:00pm to 7:00 AM. As a result, a flood of men could be found coming down the stairs at 7:15 AM, Butler and I sometimes among them. Different times. Good memories.

SocMan2® said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for running up the stairwell at 7 a.m., trying to appear as a BMOC, by coming down with the stairs with the real studs.
BUT, nice try...

May 26, 2024, 1:34 PM

I was a student when he was at Clemson. Met him thru a mutual friend and talked with him a few times. Always very friendly. I too was there for "The Catch". Sadly his nfl career was cut short with his injuries.

Was at MD-CU game with PAW Flag and never so excited

May 26, 2024, 4:58 PM

due to back & forth & back & forth!

Remember well the Butler & Clark catches in my part of the field but forgot Lester “The Duck” Brown won game with running it straight in.

Met Lester around 1990 in Charlotte when making copies in a huge car Staples-likenstore and he was GM.

So nice, humble with a smile and I glorified him & his former Clemson football past with several employees and they knew nothing of his glory in that big ACC championship game with MD or the subsequent bowl game & win vs Buckeyes!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2461
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic