Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott

Jun 6, 2023, 7:26 PM

Do we think these commits are a direct result of Jeff Scott coming back??

Stoked!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott

Jun 6, 2023, 7:27 PM

No. While Jeff is an elite recruiter he’s not been hired yet and is still spending family time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not what 247 is reporting.

Jun 6, 2023, 7:28 PM

!

Re: Not what 247 is reporting.

Jun 6, 2023, 7:42 PM

247 would be wrong

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 6, 2023, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Not what 247 is reporting. ]

Jun 6, 2023, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Not what 247 is reporting. ]

Haven’t seen anything reporting Jeff has accepted a position officially and there’s no reason to keep that a secret since it’s public information.

Jun 7, 2023, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

I know ppl don’t like “inside” sources without given a name out but I do know he is not “part” of the staff due to him money he receives
From USF, but he was on campus this past weekend helping out. Idk to what degree but he was there helping unofficially. Go Tigers!!

0 %***

Jun 6, 2023, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2023, 7:42 PM

Garrett Riley has a lot to do with this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2023, 9:19 PM

Clearly, whatever formula we have right now is producing on a high level.

Recruiting staff is cooking with gas!

Jun 6, 2023, 9:42 PM

I guarantee you.... Riley will be here for a year to three at most. Jeff Scott is just waiting in the wings to take over when Riley gets his big time HC gig. Its best for all... Jeff gets to spend more family time, still collect millions from USF and another Natty for Clemson with Riley as the OC will be the final straw in his hat before he gets a huge contract to be HC...

I see University of Florida or Texas A&M in his future two years from now. If he does like I think he can do this year, we might only have for one year, and maybe not even for the CFP. But... if we lose our OC right before the CFP, Jeff Scott can step right in and finish it. I would be surprised though if Riley leaves for a HC job before the CFP. He just missed out on it last year. I don't think he will pass up that opportunity again. Its a win win for Tigertown.

As someone once said, "you can flip a quarter, I'm a winner either way.... Hmmmmm, I feel lucky today"

Go Tigers !!!

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2023, 9:46 PM

No coordinator of a team in the playoffs would leave before the season ends

Jun 6, 2023, 9:52 PM

You are probably correct.... Thinking about it, I do not know of any coordinator that didn't finish the season in the CFP.

That being said... I can see a school trying to pull the coordinator at the beginning of December. And if the offer is big enough, and the school has the tradition, it is a possibility.

I do not want that to happen. I just think Riley is too hot not to get a groundbreaking offer as soon as we are back in the CFP... especially if that year is this year. Good chance it might not be, but it might be.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2023, 9:57 PM

Georgia couldn't even pull Kirby away before he finished the CFP. No coach is leaving during the CFP unless it's something like Kiffin getting fired again.

Jun 7, 2023, 3:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

Lane Kiffin left Bama before we played them for the Natty.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.thetigernet.com/images/profiles/21132.gif

Jun 7, 2023, 9:07 AM

Lane Kiffin was dismissed by Saban, not quite the same.

Jun 6, 2023, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

Dear god I hope not. Finally going outside the brain drain to inject some new ideas into the offense just to turn around and hire someone from the old offensive administration sounds like a recipe to be right back into the offensive staleness we found ourselves in the last 3-4 years.

Jun 7, 2023, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

I don’t see any chance Jeff takes over for Riley if he leaves. Jeff has never called plays nor does he have any experience with the air raid. There is a reason Elliott got the nod to call plays over Jeff.

Perhaps a Co title eventually but that is in name only

Jun 6, 2023, 9:44 PM

Nope. This is all Garrett and Dabo doing their magic.

Message was edited by: ROYBus10®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2023, 9:45 PM

I don't deny that one bit.... Riley is huge. I'm just saying I don't think he stays more than a couple of years. He's too hot not to be offered a huge sum of money at a huge football school that is too good to pass up.

Riley is going to have to produce big at Clemson before

Jun 7, 2023, 11:39 AM

… before he’ll start to see the offers from big time HC jobs.

If he brings us back to where we were (or better) and leaves then it’s certainly a win/win for us all.

From that perspective, I hope he is flooded with offers after 2025.

And by that time I hope Dabo has groomed his replacement, or is able to pluck another great one from away from someone else.

Re: Riley is going to have to produce big at Clemson before

Jun 7, 2023, 11:44 AM

Jun 6, 2023, 11:35 PM

He is in the process of moving right next door to Dabo and beside all the other coaches on staff. Sounds like he plans to be back on sooner than later. I'm sure he is the plan for when Riley takes a HC position in the very near future.

Jun 7, 2023, 6:47 AM

I really like Jeff Scott, but I do not want him.back as the OC. Recruiting coordinator and associate head coach. We need cutting edge OC. When Riley leaves you go get another top notch OC. That's not Scott.

Jun 7, 2023, 12:03 AM

No clue how long Riley will be here, however , I’d think Dabo did what we all do at times and realized he made a bad call in hiring an inexperienced off. coord. to lead a nationally prominent program. I doubt he’d make that same mistake again in hiring Scott to replace Riley. Scott has not proven anything more than Tony Elliott. Which is when given one of the most talented offenses in the country, he can while being extremely vanilla, produce enough points to win if coupled with a great defense. Clemson’s defense was far from great last year

Jun 7, 2023, 12:20 AM

I think you could argue Clemson's offense, recruiting, and especially the WR room took a hit when he left after 2019. We will never truly know who was most influential in 2016 and 2018, but having TL and DW did help.

Jeff Scott is about as solid as they come in terms of recruiting... he learned from the best. Dabo and his father, Brad Scott.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.... outside of Dabo, I think Clemson's best hire was Brad Scott from USC. We don't get Sammy Watkins or CJ Spiller if it wasn't for Brad Scott.

Jun 7, 2023, 4:19 AM

I wonder how familiar Jeff Scott is with our new air raid offense?

Jun 8, 2023, 2:14 PM

Why do people think Jeff Scott is on this staff still? There was one false report earlier in the year, that was it. He was an observer at a few Spring practices months ago. I think he was clear on taking some time off for at least a year. I'm sure he communicates with Dabo and whatnot, but he's not officially part of the staff or can have anything to do with recruiting.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic