Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It truly amazes me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

It truly amazes me

Aug 18, 2022, 12:24 PM

To hear the guys that coach Swinney recruits talk about the university the way that they do. You would think that Clemson is some kind of utopia hidden in the backwoods of the South. And maybe it is!

These kids come from all areas, from many different backgrounds, but all with a dream of athletic and academic success. And they find it and apparently it is easy to do. Never in my wildest dreams growing up in Inman SC would I have believed what I see every time That I walk on campus is really happening. But it is. The whole process seems to run like a well oiled machine that never skips a beat. There are a lot of people to thank for what my alma mater has become in a relatively short period. We all realize that Dabo is a big player in this but there is a lot more than his enthusiasm and guidance responsible for what you see on game day.

I live in an area far removed from the upstate of SC but I encounter people every day who have nice things to say about Clemson. Believe me it hasn’t always been that way up here in the Tarheel state. Some who are definitely “out of the loop” will always consider Clemson second rate but I take great comfort in knowing that is far from true.
I proudly display my Tiger Paws (and IPTAY stickers) for all to see. I always try to present myself as a Clemson Gentleman.... hard to do with some folks.... Believe me, it pays off.

Hardly a week goes by that I don’t box up a gift bag Clemson “goodies” for the youngsters I meet who admire our university and dream of being a part of it.

I hope you all are a big part of the Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Believe What You Get From Dabo and The Culture He Has

Aug 18, 2022, 12:27 PM

Built is "Genuine" as related to many other programs. You may not always agree with the Clemson program but it is far and beyond the most honest in what it projects vs what it is. Not perfect but what you see is what you get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Believe What You Get From Dabo and The Culture He Has

Aug 18, 2022, 12:31 PM

Well said. No one likes a phony and our programs are genuine. Many will not admit it.. but it’s true.

Hey ForestTiger . . . tell us more about this giftbag

Aug 18, 2022, 12:43 PM

thing you do - I am very intrigued.

And your post is Top Dead Center on the mark - double bulleseye.

G O T I G E R S !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Taco Bell bag full of cash??***

Aug 18, 2022, 4:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I forgot to light the ForestTiger Bat Signal

Aug 18, 2022, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Hey ForestTiger . . . tell us more about this giftbag ]

FORESTTIGER

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Hey ForestTiger . . . tell us more about this giftbag

Aug 18, 2022, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Hey ForestTiger . . . tell us more about this giftbag ]

Very often in this area of the Tar Heel State I meet young people who have become Tiger fans and want to know more about them. These kids have playmates who “pull for” the tarheels or the Wolfpack etc. so any kid with that kind of grit gets my attention.

I always stock up on items like pens and pencils and note pads and cups and poster and a dozen other things that iptay makes available and I really enjoy sharing these with young Tiger fans.

Only a couple of weeks ago I went with a friend to a mower shop to look at the zero turn machines they had. The owner of the business saw my Tiger shirt and made it a point to tell me his son was infatuated with Clemson so I have since fixed him a big time back to school gift bag that I plan to deliver tomorrow

PROMOTE CLEMSON.

WOW ! ! ! ! This just described me to a T:

Aug 18, 2022, 5:41 PM

(I grew up in the) .... "Tar Heel State I meet young people who have become Tiger fans and want to know more about them. These kids have playmates who “pull for” the tarheels or the Wolfpack etc. so any kid with that kind of grit gets my attention."

My Dad was Class of CU '51 - so I didn't care about how brutal all those tobacco road punks were - but it was a tough gig some times.

What you are doing is incredible.

You ever run into folks in Florida that need this kinda Clemson Family experience - let me know.

A WORTHY thing you are doing.

Re: WOW ! ! ! ! This just described me to a T:

Aug 18, 2022, 5:53 PM

I appreciate the comments but promoting Clemson is easy to do and I hope that you all do it daily.

Hurts to see kids brainwashed into thinking that our Tigers aren’t for real .

Re: It truly amazes me

Aug 18, 2022, 9:42 PM

Well stated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic