Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In search of Weti, part II. Online update.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

In search of Weti, part II. Online update.

Jun 7, 2016, 7:47 AM

Thanks to those who volunteered to help APM find Weti products. Thanks especially to No Intro for the online pick up suggestion.

Turns out that further research has shown that the two Weti products I saw in the store yesterday - the coffee mugs - are the only 2 current Weti products. Weti colsters do exist, but apparently Yeti was successful in arguing that Wallyworld infringed on their products, so Wallyworld no longer stocks them. One can still buy a Weti colster on ebay, but ironically, one would now pay MORE for a Weti colster than a Yeti colster!

And Wallyword does NOT make the Rambler camp bottle that APM most wants. I was hoping to pay $8-10 bucks for a few of these in prep for an upcoming 13.1 in Tazewell and for my upcoming beach trip. May spring for the Yeti camp bottle, as I actually do have a use for it. But I won't pay $30 for a colster. cool product, but I don't drink enough to justify the purchase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In search of Weti, part II. Online update.

Jun 7, 2016, 7:51 AM

The colster is a PITA. I have one but prefer to use this:
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-Beverage-Insulator-Gunmetal/dp/B0000644AF

It's thinner, 1/3 of the price and easier to remove/insert a can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a few of these, they work great.***

Jun 7, 2016, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

is this another Yeti knockoff?

Jun 7, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: In search of Weti, part II. Online update. ]

half the price of a $40 Yeti, looks exactly the same.

http://www.amazon.com/RTIC-RTIC30-30-oz-Tumbler/dp/B019D9HESO/ref=pd_bxgy_79_img_2/186-4533171-7413132?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RA1SV5DJMNDVDNMXA6V

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and this one?

Jun 7, 2016, 8:13 AM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7VKPPG?psc=1

another?

Jun 7, 2016, 8:14 AM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019M0XMEO?psc=1

hey, available in different colors. Too late, already have

Jun 7, 2016, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: In search of Weti, part II. Online update. ]

the elusive WalYeti. And 30 of the lil foam ones.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No screwing? I like my folster, but it is a bit of a pita.***

Jun 7, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: In search of Weti, part II. Online update. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had no eye deer this was a national phenomenon.

Jun 7, 2016, 8:31 AM

thought it was just a jounge thing. I feel so alive, like I'm right there in the middle of pop culture. By the way, I'll entertain offers for my 2 GENUINE Ozark can koozies, starting at the $40 level. Seat equity is part of the price, you know.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1491327/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

play the bubble for all its worth!$$$$***

Jun 7, 2016, 8:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

alas, we may never see them again

Jun 7, 2016, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I had no eye deer this was a national phenomenon. ]

http://magazine.promomarketing.com/article/yeti-coolers-is-suing-wal-mart-over-patent-infringement/

Yeti Coolers Inc. (Yeti), an Austin, Texas-based manufacturer of drinkware and coolers, is suing Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark., claiming that drinkware products sold at Wal-Mart infringe on patents and trade dress infringements.
According to the Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Yeti filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas last week, claiming that items sold at Wal-Mart are “confusingly similar imitations” of its own products. Yeti also alleged that Wal-Mart “has purposely advertised, promoted, offered for sale, sold and distributed, and continues to advertise, promote, offer for sale, sell and distribute drinkware products that violate Yeti’s rights.”

I might buy some of the remaining 2 products

Jun 7, 2016, 8:49 AM

After all, $8 vs. $40 is still plenty of margin for profit, should the last 2 copies get pulled.

Gotta be embarrassing for YETI though.

Jun 7, 2016, 9:15 AM [ in reply to alas, we may never see them again ]

Not that we didn't already know, but now it's proven that YETI charges $40 for something that likely costs less than $2 to manufacture. It doesn't matter to YETI fanbois who will continue to buy them for the stickers, but to the larger percentage of practical people who are looking for something functional at a reasonable cost, buying a YETI isn't just financially irresponsible now. It'd be mostly insane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, their jig is pretty much up

Jun 7, 2016, 9:19 AM

other than frat boys who don't understand money, the client base is done for.

I almost bought the tan bag cooler this weekend

Jun 7, 2016, 10:19 AM

I have a Hopper 20 in the old color..but that new one is the schizz.

Steel available in wallyworld***

Jun 7, 2016, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

if only time = money

Jun 7, 2016, 9:18 AM

you could have saved money and just bought the yeti

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Like APM, none in local Wally world and out of stock online

Jun 7, 2016, 9:23 AM

Who knew being a poor would be this tough ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

snooze loose.***

Jun 7, 2016, 9:45 AM

Have you considered

Jun 7, 2016, 9:46 AM

drinking more so as to justify the purchase?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic