Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In honor or Charlie Bauman mentioning on Rush Limbaugh.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 651

In honor or Charlie Bauman mentioning on Rush Limbaugh.....

Dec 13, 2010, 1:39 PM

This is pretty funny:
It's not easy being a Wolverine fan living behind enemy lines in Ohio. From what we've been told by those that live there, the abuse is constant.

Well, a couple of M Zone readers and M fans finally had enough. And they came up with a very funny and clever way to get back at their Buckeye brethren who surround them on a daily basis.

The guys contacted Eastbay, a large online athletic supply company, and had a couple of custom #58 Clemson jerseys made up with the name "BAUMAN" put on the back. As the guys said in their email to us: "It's a small moral victory but we do enjoy wearing these whenever we happen to be in Columbus for OSU home games. Yes, it's pretty childish but it makes us laugh. Especially when OSU fans recognize the name and jersey, and become very, very upset."

So who is Charlie Bauman and why would this #### off Buckeyes so much? Well, for those that don't already know...

Charlie Bauman was the Clemson football player who had the audacity to intercept Buckeye QB Art Schlichter's 3rd and 5 toss in the waning moments of '78 Gator Bowl. He then ran out of bounds in front of the Ohio State bench. Woody Hayes became enraged that somebody had the nerve to intercept one of his rare pass plays and decided national TV was a great place to slug Mr. Bauman. As a result, Ohio State fired Hayes the next day (and Hayes went to his grave never having apologized for "The Punch").

Needless to say, one can now understand why Tosu folks bristle at the sight of these jerseys.

Ah, the art of the subtle - but highly effective - taunt. I think I can speak for all the M Zone staff by saying, "Well done,

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2006/04/how-to-piss-off-buckeye.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

This is great. One of those rare moments that I will never

Dec 13, 2010, 2:49 PM

forget exactly where I was and what I said when it happened. Little did we know that that moment would be the beginning of the greatest decade in Clemson football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what you are saying is we need Skippy to go off and

Dec 13, 2010, 2:52 PM

punch a player at the Bowl game? One of my customers a few years claimed to have been the #3 qb for that team. I can't recall his name though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those of you not lucky enough to see this first hand

Dec 13, 2010, 2:59 PM

(I wasn't born yet), check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I

It was my understanding that Hayes visited a Clemson

Dec 13, 2010, 3:00 PM

practice the following season to offer his apology. Is that true?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And...the thing that bothered most Clemson people that night

Dec 13, 2010, 3:01 PM

was that the network guys calling the game acted like it never happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And...the thing that bothered most Clemson people that night

Dec 13, 2010, 3:50 PM

Power of the networks. They announcers saw it but the director in their ear said they didn't. I was there and he not only hit Bauman, but then started hitting his own players and coaches who tried to restrain him. It wasn't just one incident. However, this time it was in front of a national TV audience and the OSU admin. had to finally do something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And...the thing that bothered most Clemson people that night

Dec 13, 2010, 4:01 PM [ in reply to And...the thing that bothered most Clemson people that night ]

yep.. network guys ignored it but there was slight mention like "did U guys see that"?? Woody hit that player!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I know what to wear if I am ever in Ohio for some reason

Dec 13, 2010, 4:02 PM

Let's hope it never comes to that, though

I don't always talk shit on the internet, but when I do I prefer TNet. Stay thirsty my friends

Ohio is a dismal place.***

Dec 13, 2010, 4:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 9
| visibility 651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic