Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Dabo had a good feeling the DL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I think Dabo had a good feeling the DL

Jan 16, 2022, 1:47 PM

Was coming back and instead of recruiting deep on DL for them to possible transfer without playing time went more toward secondary. No doubt we will get some big names in 2023 clemson had always been but is becoming DLU

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo had a good feeling the DL

Jan 16, 2022, 1:53 PM

If we could only match that talent level on the OL, we would be unstoppable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 2:02 PM

Absolutely, I see an improved ol next year though. This team is giving me 2018 vibes.

Jan 16, 2022, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Dabo had a good feeling the DL ]

Let's not short-sell the 2022 O-Line. It will be our best since 2018, which was a very good OL, but not with much quality depth (sound familiar?).

If by some miracle we get portal stud O.Torrance from Louisiana Lafayette, then the 2022 line will be playing 3 near-term future NFL O-linemen (J.McFadden, O.Torrance, M.Tate) by ~ mid-year in the starting lineup, and will have another high quality linemen that will start (W.Parks). Depth will be good too, from both quality experienced depth (W.Putnam / H.Rayburn) and as (hopefully!) budding stars (D.Pennington, T.Leigh) helping out significantly during 2022 season.

Biggest concern remains the WR Corp. If they choose stepping up instead of dropping (passes) down, then we will have a legit chance at the 2022 CFP.

Jan 16, 2022, 2:13 PM

The WR is gonna break out, beaux gonna be the alpha and Williams/Randall will make immediate impacts. We will also have very good slot options that we seriously missed this year

Jan 16, 2022, 2:12 PM

Except we did recruit the DL hard, just missed and had decommits. Having those guys return doesn’t help the future, just more depth next year. XT is a good, not great DE, now we have some depth. Hopefully we land a couple of the big fish in the loaded 23 class.

Jan 16, 2022, 2:15 PM

By stat sheet XT hasn’t been “great” but if you watch the games he’s in the backfield majority of the time and has good closing speed. Everyone loves to hate on XT but went through a lot of mental stuff his sophomore year instead of giving up put in the work lost the weight and had a good year this year. Expect him to break out next year chasing his dream of being in the nfl, grew up with XT and believe in him fully

Jan 16, 2022, 2:19 PM

I would love for that to happen, I just don’t think he is the guy we hoped or thought he would be when we signed him. If he was a 4 star, same as KJ, we would love what we’ve gotten out of them, but if we are just being completely objective and no bias, just isn’t as good or developed like we expected. Like I said, good not great, does his job well and puts others in the right position. Ideal results would be a Vic Beasley like final year, just not sure he’s got that in him… hope proves me wrong.

Jan 16, 2022, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Dabo had a good feeling the DL ]

And yes, I’ve watched every snap the last 30 years lol, I know what my eyes tell me.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic