Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw a post last night that said "3 NCAATs in 13 years"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I saw a post last night that said "3 NCAATs in 13 years"

Mar 23, 2023, 7:15 AM

referring to our basketball team making the NCAA tournament only three times in 13 years. duh! I thought about the baseball program. I wonder how many NCAATs have they made in 13 years. It has to be worse because the baseball program just changed coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, butt we's

Mar 23, 2023, 7:18 AM

goin dis year. Neva say neva

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

some people are worried about change

Mar 23, 2023, 7:33 AM

if we blow up the bball team, we will suffer

I have seen how good we are in softball and lacrosse early in their infancies, I mean they started from nothing and softball is top 5 and lacrosse already has an ACC win and killing out of conference competition

there is no reason why we cannot be elite in bball, get the right coach, keep a solid young core, get some good transfers and men's bball can be the new women's softball, we have the infrastructure, we have the money, we have the fans when we have a good product, and the ACC is not the ACC of old

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: some people are worried about change

Mar 23, 2023, 8:03 AM

Much easier to recruit in this sports considering the best players are typically well off whites kids.

It's a completely different demographic than what we are recruiting to play basketball. It was a silly comparison.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it isn't

Mar 23, 2023, 9:21 AM

You are pulling from a pool of players in every sport.

U don't think well off white kids have other options . You don't think the best of the well off white kids could choose other schools?

Every 1 has other options.. you have to get them to clemson.

The argument isn't flawed because of race or financial security.

The flaw in the argument is the number of options. I dare say there are more collegiate basketball teams looking for players than softball or lacross. The athletes have more options.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: some people are worried about change

Mar 23, 2023, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: some people are worried about change ]

Well, that seems pretty racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since 2010...

Mar 23, 2023, 7:34 AM

the year Brad Brownell became Clemson's head basketball coach, the baseball team has appeared in the NCAA tournament ten (10) times (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). The season was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID at which time Clemson had a record of 14 - 3 and was tied for first in the ACC Atlantic Division. Clemson did not make the tournament in 2021 or 2022.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not sure if serious, but the key there is "we just changed

Mar 23, 2023, 7:39 AM

coaches", for the second time in 8 years. Things were not going as well as we wanted, so we made a coaching change. Twice. In 8 years. We didn't keep the same coach - we made a change in hopes that we would be better.

The first change involved firing a Hall Of Fame coach who had taken us to 7 consecutive NCAA Regionals, never finishing lower than 3rd in the ACC over that span. Because that was no longer good enough, because we had plateued and were failing to do better, which we knew we could. We set the bar high and made a change.

It didn't work - too bad. So, what did we do? Well, the bar is still set high, so we made another change. Because we don't accept mediocrity in baseball.

Sorry if my sarcasm meter needs tweaking, it's been a while since I had it tuned up. Could just need to clean the lint trap.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You're fine. Just a thought I had.***

Mar 23, 2023, 7:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw a post last night that said "3 NCAATs in 13 years"

Mar 23, 2023, 7:43 AM

Just to bring this point home, we have only MISSED the NCAA baseball tourney 3 times in the last 35 years yet have fired two coaches. Brownell has only MADE the tourney 3 times in 13 years. It’s not just that he keeps his job, though that is bad enough. It’s that he has gotten bonuses, raises, and extensions throughout this era of mediocrity. Now Neff is being negligent in his job and further enriching an already absurdly wealthy friend to the detriment of our basketball program rather than fulfill his professional obligations. It should outrage anyone that a coach, already making $2.75 million in salary this season, was awarded a $150,000 bonus for his ACC tournament seeding and then promptly ended his season on two consecutive blow-outs. One at home to a quad 3 team. Pathetic. Fire Brad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw a post last night that said "3 NCAATs in 13 years"

Mar 23, 2023, 8:18 AM

I agree with all of your points and believe we need to FIRE BRAD and make a change. Except the outrage shouldn't have anything to do with being awarded $150,000 bonus for his finish in the ACC. If that was in his contract then he earned it (even if it was during a down ACC year).

The outrage is in the finish to the year and the inconsistency over his career. Some say he is building a team and trending in the right direction. I don't see it. With transfers and recruiting it is possible to have consistent teams year in and year out while building to be a consistent power in the ACC and a NCAA tourney team year in and year out.

To top things off, when we do have a good team they never live up to their potential. They underperform and that my friends is the quality of coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic