Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect

Sep 19, 2021, 12:18 PM

on college football. I saw where a dealer gave OSU OB 2 new vehicles per bucknuts areticle.

If this is true I feel it is having a major affect on college Athletics.

Maybe it’s just me but even Clemson does not seem to be as close to each other than before NIL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect

Sep 19, 2021, 12:23 PM

Couldnt Phil Knght legally give every Oregon player big money for being in ads or doing signings?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think hi sbeing a booster would prohibit that, although I

Sep 19, 2021, 1:24 PM

also think a Miami booster found a way around it. However, if Knight does that, like I said earlier this year, If I am Dabo,Saban,etc. I am cutting ties with NIKE. Well, I already cut ties with them. But, you get my point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think hi sbeing a booster would prohibit that, although I

Sep 19, 2021, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect ]

also think a Miami booster found a way around it. However, if Knight does that, like I said earlier this year, If I am Dabo,Saban,etc. I am cutting ties with NIKE. Well, I already cut ties with them. But, you get my point.

Sep 19, 2021, 12:25 PM

The NIL lawsuit was the first step. The next step will be to sue the NFL for age discrimination and kids will go straight to the pros from college. This will drain most of the talent and money out of the college game and we will have at most one-and-done players who need to bulk up.

Right. Just like college basketball, which is almost unwatchable.

Sep 19, 2021, 12:30 PM

Sad times for college sports fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 12:32 PM

Doesn't seem to bother Alabama, Georgia ,Oklahoma and Cincinnati!

Sep 19, 2021, 12:48 PM

Saban rules with an iron fist, Cincy is here because Fickell is winning with 2 & 3 stars that want to overachieve. UGA pays 5-stars to underperform and they raid the portal for petulant 5-stars, see Kendrick, sooners would be 1-2 with our schedule so far.

We will have a path to the NFL for high school kids or college freshmen soon, add that to the transfer portal, BLM rants and snowflake persona's - hello Furman and Wofford games, in other words, kids who play for the love of the game.

Not a chance

Sep 19, 2021, 1:20 PM

Big difference being physically mature enough to play pro baseball or basketball straight out of high school.

Sep 19, 2021, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect ]

It will. You just watch. It is like a rattlesnake under a rock. You can walk by countless times and it will ignore you. The next time, it strikes. The destructive seed for the elimination of College Football as we know it has been planted. Time will tell when it begins to mature and destroy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Complacency in progress

Sep 19, 2021, 12:32 PM

Personally, (without much insight since I'm not a player or know college athletes) I think one of the unintended consequences of the NIL is going to be complacency.

How are big time players going to perform with the money flowing in?

Case in example: DJU vs Bryce Young

Coaching aside, one is performing like a former 5 star and one is not. Would there be enough evidence to say it's definitely NIL related?

No but I don't doubt that one's struggles might be related to sponsor expectations and incentives. I couldn't imagine being a college athlete WITH tons of cash. That is a recipe for a lot of unintended consequences.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some smaller schools start challenging upper tier programs because they'll (more likely) have a hungrier squad wanting to make a splash vs the coddled superstars of the bigger programs already receiving the goodies and just need to show up to make the $$$$$.

Overall, I reckon we'll find out in the coming years if the good continues to outweigh the bad.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 12:55 PM

Enjoy college football while you can folks because it will never be the same in years to come. We are seeing a change in "attitude" of players already who have become financially independent. Just wait until Freshmen making millions of dollars, become eligible for the NFL. If that happens, the NFL will be flooded with young, talented but inexperienced players and the college ranks will look like watching Wofford play Furman, almost like the club sport where it began.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much of you believe the NIL rule has had an affect***

Sep 19, 2021, 1:14 PM

Sep 19, 2021, 1:18 PM

I know one thing these kids today love laying on the field acting hurt . We wouldn’t show we got banged up and get off the field if possible.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic