Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funniest Mascot Moments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Funniest Mascot Moments

Feb 7, 2023, 3:08 PM

I'll never forget when my dad took me to a Clemson-GT game at home.

The Tiger and Tiger cub had a huge fly swatter and Giant can of Raid.

The Tiger Cub kept Swatting the Yellow Jacket on the sidelines, and eventually the Yellow Jacket got ticked off.

The Tiger got the giant fly swatter and hit him again but when the Tiger turned around the Yellow Jacket pushed him from behind and then ran.... Coward.

The Tiger chased the Yellow Jacket almost all the way around the field to the west endzone where they started throwing hands (The Yellow Jacket caught the fade) and the State Troopers had to break it up and send them both to the locker room. It was awesome!

Come to find out, the tiger cub at the time was my friend Paul who I worked with at a summer camp outside of Pickens just passed Bob's Road kill grill on 178.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Camp McColl?

Feb 7, 2023, 3:13 PM

Been there several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Camp McColl?

Indeed it was

Re: Camp McColl?

and *McCall

Been there as well***

Feb 7, 2023, 3:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Been there as well***

Feb 7, 2023, 5:35 PM

The judge won’t let me within 1000 yards of the place….

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

I remember the Wake Forest Demon Deacon feeling sorry for

Feb 7, 2023, 3:36 PM

the Tiger in the 82-24 game and helping him out with the pushups. I was thinking that wouldn't sit well with the Wake Fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: I remember the Wake Forest Demon Deacon feeling sorry for

Feb 7, 2023, 5:06 PM

Great memory from that day

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember feeling sorry for the Tiger myself that day. Butt

Feb 7, 2023, 5:23 PM [ in reply to I remember the Wake Forest Demon Deacon feeling sorry for ]

not sorry enough to do those pushups for him!

That is the only game I have seen where we could EASILY have hit 100 points if Danny had not had mercy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember feeling sorry for the Tiger myself that day. Butt

Feb 7, 2023, 6:39 PM

I was looking for Danny to go to the student section and ask for volunteers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funniest Mascot Moments

Feb 7, 2023, 3:53 PM

Seems like they had a giant exterminator can at one point to that sprayed fog too. Hilarious!

Also in 2005 when Miami came to Death Valley for the first time the Tiger wore a big gold chain walking down the visitor sideline that had a medallion hanging off of it that I swear read "Get Crunk" if I remember correctly. Of course with all the sensitivity now that would never fly.

Feb 7, 2023, 5:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOaY9C2mIcA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2023, 5:59 PM

I remember this, I was there. Was this the fumble game on the punt snap?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Feb 7, 2023, 6:30 PM

The Boston College game with Doug Flutie as BC QB. I think around 1982 or 1983. Cheerleaders had made a giant BC Eagle out of paper. Our cannon operator got up close to it and shot it with the cannon. Of course the cannon blew a huge hole through the paper bird.

Our Tiger then proceeded to pounce on the eagles poor remains. He was wallowing around on top of it when he suddenly jumped up and started peeling off the Tiger costume. It seems gunpowder was still smoldering in the dead bird and had set the Tiger aflame. All ended well as our Tiger was immediately extinguished.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2023, 6:41 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/ou-schooner-srash-TGLCBIqvwBxXnIwfuv

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't stop laughing at this one...

Feb 7, 2023, 7:20 PM

Feb 7, 2023, 8:48 PM

Many of you know my daughter was the Tiger Cub from 2014-2016. She married a guy who was the Tiger mascot in 2016 and 2017. One game in 2017 he did a lot of push-ups in the first quarter and my daughter was throwing some shade at him about his form saying he was just moving his head. That year they came out with a Tiger mascot bobble head with the Tiger doing push-ups. Nothing moves but the head. Of course, I had to get him one for Christmas. My daughter and son-in-law thought it was funny but my wife said it was mean and I shouldn’t have done it. I still laugh when I see it.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic